Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The first major NJPW cards since the G1 Final take Place this week and as usual both are live on NJPW World.

The Okayama show is tomorrow morning at 2:00 AM EDT/7:00 BST. It seems like the secondary card to Kobe but there's still a few title matches scheduled that have the potential to be interesting and as a bonus we also get to witness the NJPW debut of Matt Sydal. I realize many of you might not be able to watch live on a weekday but it should be worth checking out via the archives at your leisure.

Ibushi was removed from a DDT card this weekend due to "poor physical condition" and hasn't worked the Road To shows since but is still slated to make his championship match in the main event.

CARD:

Shibata, Nagata, Komatsu, and Tanaka vs. Naito, Nakanishi, White, and Finlay
Jushin Thunder Liger and Mascara Dorada vs. reDRagon (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly)
NWA Jr Heavyweight Championship Match: Steve Anthony (c) vs. Tiger Mask
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Matt Sydal vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale and Tama Tonga)
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match: Bullet Club(c) vs. Ten-Cozy
Goto, Honma, Captain, Shelley, and Taguchi vs. CHAOS (Nakamura, Ishii, YOSHI, and RPG Vice)
CHAOS (Okada and YTR) vs. Bullet Club (AJ Styles and Cody Hall)
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match:KUSHIDA(c) vs. Kenny Omega
NEVER Openweight Championship Match:Togi Makabe(c) vs. Kota Ibushi

The Kobe card is Sunday morning at 3:00 EDT/08:00 BST and is headlined by an IC title match and a match for Tana's G1 briefcase. I know we're all getting tired of Nakamura vs Goto but the matches have at least been good and we also get a fresh and compelling singles matchup between Naito and Shibata that has the potential to be amazing. It's Sunday so it should be a more convenient live airtime for most western fans.

Card:

Sho Tanaka and Yohei Komatsu vs. Jay White and David Finlay
Yuji Nagata, Jushin Liger, and Tiger Mask vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Captain New Japan, and Juice Robinson
Makabe, Honma, Taguchi, and Dorada vs. CHAOS (Ishii, Yoshi, and RPG Vice
Ten-Cozy and Matt Sydal vs. Bullet Club (MGKA, Doc Gallows, and Kenny Omega)
Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tetsuya Naito
CHAOS (Okada, YTR, and Saku) vs. Bullet Club (Styles, Tonga, Hall)
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match: reDRagon(c) vs. Time Splitters
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Bad Luck Fale with Tana's Tokyo Dome title shot on the line
IWGP IC Heavyweight Championship Match: Hirooki Goto(c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Thauros fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Sep 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
no more goto/nakamura, please, gedo-san

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Im wicked sick pumped up for Shibata to inflict brutal violence on Naito!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Really having a hard time caring about tomorrow's show. I will watch the second one for Shibata vs. Naito.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Oh hey this is soonish!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Shelley is back again? I mean I'm certainly down for reDRagon/Splitters but Jesus

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
I'm really pumped for this opener

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Oh wait I thought it was White/Finlay vs. Tiger Mask/Liger. I rescind my pumpedness

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Shibata/Naito NEEDS to not just be a one-and-done thing. They should have Naito and Sombra win the tag league, win the tag titles and then feud with Goto and Shibata or something.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I think Shibata kicked Naito's rear end longer than the match itself

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
It's easily my favorite thing in the company right now. I don't want NJPW to be like WWE where every program has to be over some personal issue, but they could stand to have a few more heated feuds like this. It seems like they had more of that in the 80s and 90s.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dorada/Liger vs reDRagon was a fun little match.

This spartan mother fucker has gotta be dropping the belt.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

oh i forgot

did naito get his win back?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's on NOW?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Sydal got over big. Is he considered a junior? Would like to see him vs. KUSHIDA.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Oh that's right that match wasn't even today :nyoron:

This tag match rules when Gallows isn't in

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anderson giving the odd reminder that he can be absolutely incredible.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Was that the first kickout ever from Magic Killer?

edit: all is lost

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 23, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This looks like the best breakfast television show in the world.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Cody's new trunks look so much better

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

what

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
oh gently caress off gedo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That Omega promo.... sucked. :sigh:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
can we have a talk about what a great booker gedo supposedly is

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Only two reasons I can think of for that happening

1. It was too predictable so SWERVE
2. KUSHIDA keeps pissing in Gedo's shoes

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
2 title changes already tonight, wouldn't be surprised if Ibushi loses here to set up a rematch where he wins.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

table not breaking had to make that suck a whole lot

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

ok with the finish, ibushi basically lost because he was dumb enough to do a full strike exchange

best makabe match i've ever seen which means it's a solid ****

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Spider Dragon Suplex 0_o

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Good match, I kinda hoped Ibushi would win but didn't think it was likely on a "Road to...." card.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
If Ibushi gets an immediate second shot and wins then I'm okay with this. If not then it's horrible booking.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

jesus christ why

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
HAHAHA they're going back to Ishii/Makabe. Fuuuuck this company

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

even restricting the pool of challengers to people who had picked up a win tonight I'm pretty sure no one would have been mad if nagata or ytr had strolled down the ramp

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Don't give a gently caress about Ibushi, just wanna see my boy Ishii take his belt back from that jobber Makabe so that division can be good againa

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

wtf kushida

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tonfa posted:

ok with the finish, ibushi basically lost because he was dumb enough to do a full strike exchange

best makabe match i've ever seen which means it's a solid ****

They've shown on a few occasions that Ibushi is the better striker and has KO'd Makabe already.

Really bad booking and repetitive poo poo. Omega hasn't been good in NJPW. Makabe and Ishii had like 6 matches already before this I feel like.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
The KUSHIDA thing really bothers me. He's been saying he wants to be the Ace of the junior division and they've been pushing that hard on commentary. Him losing in his second defense just makes him look really stupid. He should have just run through everyone; that's how you book an ace. I don't even care that he was protected in the loss because the BC interference poo poo itself is so incredibly played out and lame.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

They've shown on a few occasions that Ibushi is the better striker and has KO'd Makabe already.

I freely admit to having tuned out makabe matches

Spermgod posted:

The KUSHIDA thing really bothers me. He's been saying he wants to be the Ace of the junior division and they've been pushing that hard on commentary. Him losing in his second defense just makes him look really stupid. He should have just run through everyone; that's how you book an ace. I don't even care that he was protected in the loss because the BC interference poo poo itself is so incredibly played out and lame.

Having a heavyweight interfering be the decisive moment buries the whole division rather than protects KUSHIDA anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I thought going into this show Ibushi was gonna win, Ten-COzy had a decent shot, and that there was no way in hell KUSHIDA was dropping the title back. Gedo generally knows what he's doing, but I admit I liked where I THOUGHT this was going better. I assumed Ibushi was gonna win the NEVER and an openweight title would be the logical springboard to Ibushi vs Omega at WK10 and lead to the latter's eventual promotion into the heavyweight division.

Booking aside, there not a single match I'd nominate for even an HM is disappointing.

Spermgod posted:

agreed 100%. HE won the BOSJ, the title, and proceeded to beat a top level outsider in Ricochet. Having him just drop the title back to the old champ on a C show just seems wrong

Thauros fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 23, 2015

• Locked thread