Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Inspector 34 posted:

.5ppr ESPN league, pick 1 Flex

Devanta Freeman
TJ Yeldon
CJ Spiller

I guess I'm tempted to throw Freeman in for Yeldon since he'll be getting all the carries finally and the Falcons are more likely to be playing with a lead while the Jags will likely be playing catch up. On the other hand Dallas has been destroying RBs so far this season. Kind of want to see something out of Spiller before I start him.

Other RBs this week are L.Murray and A.Morris, pretty set on them starting unless you guys convince me that's dumb.

^ Despite my starting Alfred Morris, I think in your situation I'd go Matt Jones. Dude looked real good last week and I think Washington will continue to run the hell out of the ball all season.

I like the Yeldon pick. I'm waiting for Spiller to have a productive week before I consider starting him, and Dallas has just been blowing up RBs these first 2 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Reik posted:

I like the Yeldon pick. I'm waiting for Spiller to have a productive week before I consider starting him, and Dallas has just been blowing up RBs these first 2 weeks.

Dallas has been blowing up RBs since last year, Matt Berry just told me so on ESPN!

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."

Ty1990 posted:

With this Ivory news that he's a game time call, do I:

Play Ivory (if active)
Play Matt Jones tonight @ NYG
Play Woodhead @ Minny
Play Powell vs Philly (if Ivory inactive)

1PPR

In PPR Woodhead is probably the safest bet, decent floor as he'll get some targets and has the potential to pilfer a TD or two.

I had to choose between gambling on Ivory playing or going for Jones tonight, and I've opted for the latter, as at least I know he'll be taking the field.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Ty1990 posted:

With this Ivory news that he's a game time call, do I:

Play Ivory (if active)
Play Matt Jones tonight @ NYG
Play Woodhead @ Minny
Play Powell vs Philly (if Ivory inactive)

1PPR

1PPR I'd wait for Ivory and comfortably play Woodhead if not, versus Jones on a short week

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Nfl.com standard rules, no ppr.

Pick 1 wr. Current choices are in all caps.

BRANDON MARSHALL v. Phi
Jeremy Maclin @ GB
Davante Adams v. KC

Pick 1 flex

DAMNY WOODHEAD @ Min
Latavius Murray @ Cle

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I know I already asked this but I need someone to confirm my thinking. I need to play either Vereen or Garcon in Half PPR tonight. Garcon has gotten a lot of targets so far from Cousins and the Giants are missing their best corner so this looks like a good opportunity for him to put up a good game. I am leaning Garcon but Vereen looks to get a lot of use in the passing game tonight with the tough WSH run defense. Overthinking everything on Week 3, lord help me.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Quiet Feet posted:

BRANDON MARSHALL v. Phi
Jeremy Maclin @ GB
Davante Adams v. KC

Pick 1 flex

DAMNY WOODHEAD @ Min
Latavius Murray @ Cle

I like Marshall as your WR, but I would I say there is an argument for Murray over Woodhead in 0PPR. Murray is the obvious leader and has looked good and a lot of Woodhead's value comes from catching passes.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

I know I already asked this but I need someone to confirm my thinking. I need to play either Vereen or Garcon in Half PPR tonight. Garcon has gotten a lot of targets so far from Cousins and the Giants are missing their best corner so this looks like a good opportunity for him to put up a good game. I am leaning Garcon but Vereen looks to get a lot of use in the passing game tonight with the tough WSH run defense. Overthinking everything on Week 3, lord help me.

I'm not a huge fan of either, but I think you're point of NYG missing their best corner convinces me to play Garcon. While Vereen will get looks tonight, I can see a situation were the Redskins get up by 2 scores and Eli goes into "chuck to ODB" mode.

Quiet Feet posted:

BRANDON MARSHALL v. Phi
Jeremy Maclin @ GB
Davante Adams v. KC

Pick 1 flex

DAMNY WOODHEAD @ Min
Latavius Murray @ Cle

That WR choice is tough. I think you're right to stay with BMarsh though, Phi looks awful. I think the GB/KC game is going to be a good game with a decent scoreline though.
LMurray, Cleveland has one of the worst yards before contact stats in the game, and LMurray is great at yards before contact, if I am remembering correctly.

Speaking of which, is there a non premium site that has stats about Yards After/Before Contact?

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Alright, need some help with my flex, standard scoring-

WR T. Williams vs. Atl
WR Stevie J @ Min
RB Matt Jones @ NYG

I'm not so sure Williams is the best option with Weeden (maybe Cassel?) throwing to him. Don't know if matt jones is a sure thing yet either

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly
^^I think Stevie is your safest bet.

What the hell do I do with my RBs this week? Pick 3: (.5 PPR)

C. Anderson @ Det
L. Miller v. Buf
D. Woodhead @ Min
G. Bernard @ Bal
M. Jones @ NYG
R. Hillman @ Det

Woodhead is the only one that I'm at all confident in.

EmeritusTubbi
Jan 28, 2001

Need to pick a WR and a RB for standard ESPN scoring, no PPR

RB:
CJ Anderson @ Det
LeSean McCoy @ Mia
Ronnie Hillman @ Det
Doug Martin @ Hou

WR
Stevie Johnson @ Min
Keenan Allen @ Min
Travis Benjamin @ Oak

I've been sitting Anderson up til now, but Detroit seems like a matchup where he might finally be able to shine. On the other hand, this looks like a tight match-up for my team this week, and if he comes up empty again, I could be dead in the water.
I still have no idea if I should favor Stevie or Keenan Allen against Minnesota.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Testikles posted:

Trying to choose two out of my five running backs. Most are likely flash-in-the-pans:

DeMarco Murray PHI
Bishop Sankey TEN
Dion Lewis NE
David Johnson ARI
Melvin Gordon SD

Gonna bump this up. It's a standard league btw.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
I have two RB spots in full PPR I'm thinking:
T.J. Yeldon @ NE
Shane Vereen vs Was
Over
Alfred Morris @ NYG
Isaiah Crowell vs Oak
Darren Sproles vs NYJ

Vereen has so far has scored more consistently than the other three, Yeldon should be getting an increased workload this week with all the injuries. Morris is going up against a weak NY defense however so I'm torn.

regaldeacon
Dec 18, 2011
My RBs are a hot pile of garbage and lost hope:

Forte (Seattle)
Forsett (Dallas)
Gurley (Pittsburgh)
Matt Jones (NYG)
Karlos Williams (Buffalo)

The bold ones are my current starters. Which one of these jerks should i sink my streak on.

Also have Mike Evans in my flex slot and wondering if Stevie Johnson (Minnesota) or one of the above might give me some more reliable numbers.

e: Standard league.

regaldeacon
Dec 18, 2011

Mollymauk posted:

I have two RB spots in full PPR I'm thinking:
T.J. Yeldon @ NE
Shane Vereen vs Was
Over
Alfred Morris @ NYG
Isaiah Crowell vs Oak
Darren Sproles vs NYJ

Vereen has so far has scored more consistently than the other three, Yeldon should be getting an increased workload this week with all the injuries. Morris is going up against a weak NY defense however so I'm torn.

I would start Morris for his upside versus the NY and probably go with Crowell for RB2. I think the Redskins have a good chance to get ahead early and really limit Vereen's ability to produce against them so I would not pit Morris and Vereen against each other. Jacksonville has been looking pretty good but they are definitely going to need to be able to utilize the passing game against NE. Of course, I know nothing about running backs.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'm starting Jordan Reed instead of Martellus Bennett tonight.

Don't gently caress me over, TNF. :mad:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

regaldeacon posted:

My RBs are a hot pile of garbage and lost hope:

Forte (Seattle)
Forsett (Dallas)
Gurley (Pittsburgh)
Matt Jones (NYG)
Karlos Williams (Buffalo)

The bold ones are my current starters. Which one of these jerks should i sink my streak on.

Also have Mike Evans in my flex slot and wondering if Stevie Johnson (Minnesota) or one of the above might give me some more reliable numbers.

e: Standard league.

I think your RBs are the right choice. Even going up against a tough D, Forte is going to be relied upon a lot and will probably pick up garbage time yardage in the passing game. Don't sit your studs. Forsett has been solid if not spectacular so that is an easy decision against Dallas.

I would much rather have Stevie in my flex than Evans. Stevie has looked great so far and Evans has yet to catch a pass. As an Evans owner, I am going to hold off on him another week until I see him invoved in any way.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Full PPR. Pick 2 of 3 for my RB2 and Flex Spot.

Darren Sproles @ NYJ
Ronnie Hillman @ Det

Rashad Jennings vs. Washington TONIGHT

I'm really loving torn. Rashad probably provides more of a floor than the other two, but I don't really like the matchup for him. The fact he's in the Thursday game makes it all the worse. Do I at least establish a floor with him tonight and then fill the second slot based on what Jennings puts up tonight? Or just say gently caress it and go Sproles/Hillman? My heart says gently caress it. My head says just play Rashad.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Definitely Hillman, not sure about Sproles vs. Jennings.

In a 2QB league, do I go with Tyrod Taylor or Teddy Bridgewater?

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?

EmeritusTubbi posted:

WR
Stevie Johnson @ Min
Keenan Allen @ Min
Travis Benjamin @ Oak

I still have no idea if I should favor Stevie or Keenan Allen against Minnesota.

I'm in the same boat man, Stevie or allen? Allen was terrible last week, it seemed like the defense had him figured out. I don't know enough about Min's D to know if they can figure him out too.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

The X-man cometh posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Definitely Hillman, not sure about Sproles vs. Jennings.

In a 2QB league, do I go with Tyrod Taylor or Teddy Bridgewater?

I think Tyrod has way more upside. The Vikings are running the ball a ton and Teddy only had a good line last week because he ran one in for a TD.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
Ameer Abdullah (vs. Denver) or Shane Vereen in my flex? Neither match-up looks good but the Lions offense looked like complete dogshit last week, especially the running game, and the Denver defense seems legit.

AtraMorS fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 25, 2015

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

AtraMorS posted:

Ameer Abdullah or Shane Vereen in my flex? Neither match-up looks good but the Lions offense looked like complete dogshit last week, especially the running game.

Is it PPR? Either way I probably go Vereen as Abdullah's usage looks sporadic at best and the Lions go against Denver D which is frightening.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Half PPR Flex

Ameer Abdullah
Golden Tate
Michael Crabtree

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

MrSargent posted:

Is it PPR? Either way I probably go Vereen as Abdullah's usage looks sporadic at best and the Lions go against Denver D which is frightening.
It's .5 PPR. Probably a slight advantage to Vereen there but not huge.

Gotta agree with your reasoning anyway though. I like Abdullah better on the season, but man this just does not look like his week.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

1pt PPR

Andy Dalton @Bal
Stafford vs Den

Wouldn't normally roster 2 QBs but everyone has 2 (or 3) so if my QB1 gets hurt I'd have Blake Bortles or would need to pucker up for a trade.

Sammy Watkins @Mia
Lamar Miller vs Buf
Golden Tate vs Den

This is where I need the most help.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Wilson or Brady?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Reik posted:

Half PPR Flex

Ameer Abdullah
Golden Tate
Michael Crabtree

Call me crazy but I go Crabtree, he has shown a great connection with Carr and with Joe Haden covering Cooper all game, he should see his share of targets.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Tom Gorman posted:

1pt PPR

Andy Dalton @Bal
Stafford vs Den

Wouldn't normally roster 2 QBs but everyone has 2 (or 3) so if my QB1 gets hurt I'd have Blake Bortles or would need to pucker up for a trade.

Sammy Watkins @Mia
Lamar Miller vs Buf
Golden Tate vs Den

This is where I need the most help.

Definitely Dalton, that Denver D is scary. And I would probably go Watkins as well, he looked decent against NE, even though they were playing from behind. I don't like your other options much at all.

Chill Penguin posted:

Wilson or Brady?

What? You go Brady every game you possibly can, he is tearing it up.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Matt Jones or Dion Lewis?

and Derek Carr or Mariota? (loving Romo)

GAYS FOR DAYS fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 25, 2015

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Matt Jones or Dion Lewis?

and Derek Carr or Mariota? (loving Romo)

Lewis has shown more usage through the first two games but lol Belichick. For what it's worth, I am hopping aboard the Dion train this week (don't have Matt Jones but would prob still start Dion).

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Vincent Jackson or Kendall Wright?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Testikles posted:

Gonna bump this up. It's a standard league btw.

Murray, Lewis

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Gio @Bal
CJ Spiller @Carolina
Melvin Gordon @Min

.5 ppr flex

Could also start Kendall Wright or Anquan Boldin but don't really want to.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Timett posted:

Gio @Bal
CJ Spiller @Carolina
Melvin Gordon @Min

.5 ppr flex

Picking one? It would be between Gio and Melvin. Hyde ran wild against MIN but BAL lost their stud MLB and Gio's value is boosted in ppr. I lean Gio.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Yeah, I have had Gio locked in there for the last two weeks and have done fine. I might as well stick with him until it doesn't work. I just wanted to hear another opinion.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

I just realized Matt Jones plays tonight so that would violate one of my oldest rules which is "don't make a player change the day of the game, it always goes wrong". So I'm playing Hillman.

Besides, I feel like a rookie getting two good games in a row is a rarity. So I'm sitting Jones and expecting a big week next week. If he blows up, oh well. I'm flying to Austin during the game so I can't even watch. I feel good with this decision and if Jones blows up I've got a gem on the bench.

Shaking my drat head on the plane.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Timett posted:

Gio @Bal
CJ Spiller @Carolina
Melvin Gordon @Min

.5 ppr flex

Gordon is tempting here, doesn't Minnesota have a p. bad run D?

Here's mine:

Pick one:
J. Forsett vs CIN
D. Woodhead @ MIN
A. Abdullah vs DEN

Pick one:
J. Matthews @NYJ
D. Moncrief @TEN
V. Jackson @HOU

Pick one:
L. Miller vs Buf
D. Freeman @DAL
D. Baldwin vs CHI
G. Tate vs DEN
R White @ DAL

Butter Hole fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 25, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrSargent posted:

Alfred Morris is a pretty safe play. His points haven't been spectacular, but he has seen a lot of touches and good yardage which is pretty much what you want from your RB (also going against the Giants D). Philly Run D is also pretty good even if they are gassed by the second half from their inept offense.

:mad:

Nature of the beast, I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Chill Penguin posted:

Vincent Jackson or Kendall Wright?

Jackson. Wright is gonna pull Vontae Davis is coverage.

TJ Yeldon @NE or Justin Forsett vsCIN?

• Locked thread