Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
That's the thing about harrasment. It's not really what you say, your intentions, or your motives. It's all about how it's perceived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGX8PKVx9aU

So the first time, he got a talking too, probably something on his record. But in the end it was just a talking too because the assumption was his intentions were not hostile and he would learn from his mistake. The second time he demonstrated that it would be a continuing problem so they let him go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Someone set up a gofundme for the company so I can donate all my money to it.

I'd love to hear the other side of the story.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

This is why you interact as little as possible with your loving coworkers. They arent your friends, they are just a bunch of other jackasses :mrwhite:

Also all the more reason I say "gently caress facebook."

I've seen so many loving people fired over facebook. Steer clear.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Blazing Ownager posted:

Also all the more reason I say "gently caress facebook."

I've seen so many loving people fired over facebook. Steer clear.

people who use facebook are subhuman

people who dont have facebook are subhuman

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

People that air every grievance and opinion over Facebook get what they deserve. People should know by now that Facebook isn't a like a friendly gab with a buddy but a public forum where almost anyone can see the crap you post. I've known a few people who have gotten fired for what they post about their companies on Facebook and then when they get a new job proceed to whine on Facebook about their jobs all over again.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I have a fake facebook in case anyone looks me up, so they don't find the 90,000 pictures of me in various states of undress/inebriation

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Christians should stay in their closet where they belong. Like they're allowed to be Christians in the privacy of their own home but they better not do that gross poo poo out in public where I can see it.

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014

anglerfish posted:

...I gaped at him...

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Man Whore posted:

Its totally the dudes own drat fault though because he did it even though his bosses said "Don't do this shithead!"

Like I don't necessarily think they should have fired him but definitely like a suspension or something.

the first two would p hard but the last is just as simple as telling HR "yo this guy offered me drugs at work"

STFU snitch

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

Even the article attempting to side with him made it sound like there were several previous incidents and this was more of a final straw situation. I feel like commie ned flanders would have a point if this were a one time incident but if it's a well documented series of a hostile work environment situations then he fully deserves to be fired for that.

e: That movie is pretty funny btw, on one hand I can kind of see where they're coming from (if they truly believe in god and that the bible is the word of god it does naturally follow that a caring person could believe homosexuality is a sin without having any actual animosity to the group), on the other I don't really understand how you could lay out all the qualities of the modern christian god and go "yeah that's a deity I wanna worship". Why would you chose a religion that damns people to an eternity of suffering for just doing what feels natural in life.

The beginning of knowledge isn't worshipping the Lord, it's fearing Him

i don't worship God because he's a cool chill bro that j wanna have a beer with, but because He has revealed to me his terror and his love, both of which are boundless

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

pwning noobs comes totally naturally but I love that God commands me to love them instead

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Christians are supposed to share the good word at every opportunity. In fact if you are capable of being employed you probably aren't preaching enough

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

anglerfish posted:

loving lol, my crazy fundie anti-vaxx coworker with 6 kids he forces his wife to homeschool basically tried this poo poo. After a team meeting, he offered to take me and 2 other coworkers out to lunch to share his faith with us. I gaped at him for a second before telling him I didn't feel comfortable with that. It was lovely though, and so obviously calculated as to who he was going to ask -- there's dude on my team, who is clearly very science-focused and liberal, never talks about church or anything; other girl on my team who is Christian but a single mom and a lil rough around the edges -- so clearly not the "right kind" of Christian (a submissive holy quiverfull matriarch :jerkbag: ); then there's me, a 29 year old childless(!) woman, just got married after living with my fiancé for 5 years, have at least passively disagreed with this dude every time he tries to preach at me (we were doing an overnight install together once and he cornered me for an hour and told me all about taking his kids to the creationist museum and how it PROVED dinosaurs and humans walked the earth together, the fossils prove it!!! :downs: ). He of course, didn't approach the openly Christian people on the team. God he's seriously the worst. I should have reported it to HR, but then I'd have twice as much work so...

I would have jumped on thr opportunity to educate him on evolution but God bless you for handling this all gently

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Troposphere posted:

I've had several uber drivers try and convince me I was gay because I haven't had a good dicking yet

dudes wanna be the one to convert lesbians to the other side, it's like a badge of honor or something

I bet you are lesbian because men are stupid pigheads and women are beautiful and sweet

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Mercrom posted:

If you claim to love homosexuals yet believe in and devote yourself to a god who kills and tortures them you are like a neo-nazi who believes sub-humans are a danger to themselves and the rest of the world and should be culled, except without the semblance of a moral justification.

The real pathetic part of this is how easily fooled "open minded" morons like Commie NedFlanders are by bigots hiding their evil opinions behind extra steps in their belief system.

God doesn't wish to torture anyone, he simply laid out the Law so that we would not destroy ourselves.

Sin is like fire, suffering is the natural consequence of messing with it, it's not your parents fault for telling you not to play with it.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Commie NedFlanders posted:

God doesn't wish to torture anyone, he simply laid out the Law so that we would not destroy ourselves.

Sin is like fire, suffering is the natural consequence of messing with it, it's not your parents fault for telling you not to play with it.

your better than this

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

david... posted:

people who use facebook are subhuman

people who dont have facebook are subhuman

I have a facebook but don't use it, so I guess I've passed the test

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

Christians are supposed to share the good word at every opportunity. In fact if you are capable of being employed you probably aren't preaching enough

I sincerely believe the crazy extremist groups everyone hates are the only people who actually follow their religious teachings, and that should say something about it in general. Everyone else is "pick and chose" with the parts they like.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 23, 2015

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Luvcow posted:

your better than this

:shrug:

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

good example. sorry for calling you a moron

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have a facebook but don't use it, so I guess I've passed the test

I sincerely believe the crazy extremist groups everyone hates are the only people who actually follow their religious teachings, and that should say something about it in general. Everyone else is "pick and chose" with the parts they like.

I disagree, often times the radical extreme people (especially the hateful ones) are simply trying to puff themselves up and make themselves seem more pious by bloviating and condemning others. Jesus specifically,called out the Pharisees for doing that

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

I bet you are lesbian because men are stupid pigheads and women are beautiful and sweet

mainly I like boobs

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

but everyone likes boobs

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Jesus specifically,called out the Pharisees for doing that

That was a long time ago dude.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mad Monk posted:

People that have recently found Jesus can't help but to badger the poo poo out of everyone about it. I have a friend from high school going through this faze.

they think they have to make up for lost time

my personal fave are people who find jesus on their deathbead aka my racist chain smoking uncle

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

VectorSigma posted:

but everyone likes boobs

they're nice

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

quote:

"They said, 'Someone said you didn't make them feel comfortable.' I said, 'I sent out a video to share the Gospel just because it talks about homosexuality.' They said, 'You can't do that. You can't do that,'" explained Routson. "So, I said 'I was just trying to share my faith with her and it doesn't matter that I didn't have a chance to work with her, I can share a link on Facebook on my own time right?' They are like, 'No, no, you can't do that. You can't be sharing with people on Facebook because they work here.'"

I love this arguement, I mean it's cool to harass my coworkers off the clock, right?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Troposphere posted:

mainly I like boobs

Well duhhhhh who doesn't

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Forums Christian and forums lesbian agree: boobs r kewl

But don't go ogling someone's boobs if they aren't your own boobs unless she is okay with it like if she's your wife!

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Forums Christian and forums lesbian agree: boobs r kewl

But don't go ogling someone's boobs if they aren't your own boobs unless she is okay with it like if she's your wife!

don't worry I only ogle boobs consensually

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Three Olives posted:

I love this arguement, I mean it's cool to harass my coworkers off the clock, right?

dear human being my religion has such pleasures to show you dont censor my religion ok

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Troposphere posted:

don't worry I only ogle boobs consensually

SA is becoming more civilized every day :3:

Keep blazing the trail forward!

(I used to be a bad man boob ogler but now I turn away from boobs I'm not married to)

Commie NedFlanders fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Sep 23, 2015

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007

There not a big enough :stare: for how that ended. even if you make it big.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
one time i bounced a bible study group out of a conference room at work because I had actual non-imaginary poo poo to discuss with a group of people.
:feelsgood:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

WaffleLove posted:

There not a big enough :stare: for how that ended. even if you make it big.

:stare:

I hope he gets good psych care

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

you're human

don't go judging and condemning people with your life, look inward, my understanding of Jesus was that you should live a good life and not judge and condemn others. There's a comically vast amount of bad things going on in this world that you could preach against that much more deserves your attention.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Luvcow posted:

you're human

don't go judging and condemning people with your life, look inward, my understanding of Jesus was that you should live a good life and not judge and condemn others. There's a comically vast amount of bad things going on in this world that you could preach against that much more deserves your attention.

Yeah I agree.

I think the point of the movie was that Christians should only seek to spread the Word out of love, not out of condemnation. Christians should not single out homosexuals because everyone is considered a sinner and no one has a place to judge someone else.

However, if Christianity has really had an impact on your life and you believe it has saved you and that it can save others, it only seems right to share it with others out of care for them.

Condemning homosexuals is not cool or chill, loving them like anyone else and treating them well is the best way to share God's love.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Also I've been a bit silly in this thread labeling people as "the gay" or "the Jew".

In Christ, we are all brothers and sisters :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
censorship am I right?

• Locked thread