Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Every epic you craft is worth at least 5 gems to somebody. It doesn't add up fast, but it does add up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Deki posted:

Every epic you craft is worth at least 5 gems to somebody. It doesn't add up fast, but it does add up.
How do you even judge? Put something out for 5 and just let it sit for a week?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Deki posted:

If someone starts up a new city, you can hit me up for some free money to get a town hall to a reasonable level.

I have started Boatmurdered because I have no idea what I am doing so it seemed appropriate.

So if you want to join a town that will likely end up drowning in insane dwarves, lava, and undead elephants I can start sending people invites.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Doctor Zero posted:

a town that will likely end up drowning in insane dwarves, lava, and undead elephants I can start sending people invites.

Your expectations for this game may be slightly over-optimistic.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

dipple posted:

The gem side of the tradehouse seems pretty active, I could imagine a player in their 20s grinding out 2000 gems over a couple weeks but it'd cost a lot of gold.

Deki posted:

I've dabbled in this, getting gems for a few Flawlesses, but I don't make more than a couple of those a day in any item type worth mentioning (no one should give a poo poo about Flawless Shoes, for instance) and I've made, like, five or six Epics total at level 24.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I could use an invite, Dragongem 21677. I actually used to play the swords and potions series that this game is the successor of

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame
Everything in my town started costing millions of gold and that was enough for me. Fun for a few days but the curve gets crazy.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Welp, the update just nuked my save. Time to see if I can get it back.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I could use an invite to jay#53274 if anyone's willing.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
After one day the game got really tedious.

However, it's odd because some other games I play on android have a few minutes of gameplay followed by hours of waiting for my energy to recharge. But they are perfect 'coffee break' games while this one basically seems like you need to check it every few minutes. Turning fun into a job.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Mo0 posted:

I could use an invite to jay#53274 if anyone's willing.
I am only level 11, but sent you an invite to my fair hamlet of Monkeyland.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. Don't accept my invites for now. Still not sure if the game is going to hold me, and I would rather not people put money into my town if I don't stick around.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Sep 26, 2015

Golden Lumber
May 30, 2013
Anyone want to drop an invite to level 12 me? hao#55733

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Filthy Monkey posted:

Edit: Actually, scratch that. Don't accept my invites for now. Still not sure if the game is going to hold me, and I would rather not people put money into my town if I don't stick around.

They aren't permanently investing in your buildings, if people leave the money goes with them.

quaunaut
Sep 15, 2007

WHOOSH
Huh. So apparently to get a 3rd worker and many of the items that are past the first tier(such as shoes/herbs), I have to be level 12... when I'm level 4.

Not a great impression I'm getting right now.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

quaunaut posted:

Huh. So apparently to get a 3rd worker and many of the items that are past the first tier(such as shoes/herbs), I have to be level 12... when I'm level 4.

Not a great impression I'm getting right now.

The first tier of workers is pretty cheap to hire and fire. What you will be doing through much of the game is hiring and firing workers to get the right skill balance for what you want to craft at the time, and each tier of new-worker-available as you level up will ease that by a little bit.

texasmed
May 27, 2004

IAmTheRad posted:

After one day the game got really tedious.

However, it's odd because some other games I play on android have a few minutes of gameplay followed by hours of waiting for my energy to recharge. But they are perfect 'coffee break' games while this one basically seems like you need to check it every few minutes. Turning fun into a job.

I'm one of the first to get put off by a time wasting clicker game that makes you click too much, but I like the amount of things you can click on and the RPG element of making your heroes get bigger numbers. I usually try to just mass-manufacture items until the resources run low, then let the game sit for a while.

I like how there are no forced ads though, so that's cool too.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
LF City invite: BoozieSA#44037

Added my name to the spreadsheet.

Boozie fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 27, 2015

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Boozie posted:

BoozieSA#44307

You sure about that?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Bad Munki posted:

You sure about that?

poo poo. BoozieSA#44037

I always mess up some mundane detali....

:)

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Put my name on the spreadsheet to escape my solo player backwater.

STAN#83313

I've gotten to a whopping level 7! Pretty impressive, I have to say.

edit: Wow, quick as hell invite, thanks!

Does your shop need to be a certain size to attract more than two customers at a time, or is that just gonna always be a thing?

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 27, 2015

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Rocketpriest posted:

Put my name on the spreadsheet to escape my solo player backwater.

STAN#83313

I've gotten to a whopping level 7! Pretty impressive, I have to say.

We recently had someone jump ship (I think he's just not playing anymore and was kind enough to ditch after a couple days of inactivity) so there's a new space open in Xtanstic.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Think I'm gonna jump to boatmurdered so we have one goon alt city

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

No worries. I think I am abandoning it anyway. Was fun for a couple days, but it demands too much time from me. Adios shop goons.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Otisburg has been attempting to recruit from the Google Spreadsheet and failing -- three with no response so far, so I'll turn it around and open it up to petitioners in the thread. We have one spot free immediately and another whose Last Active is reaching the danger point, so likely two.

Tinyn
Jan 10, 2003

When you focus on building just one or two items to be big money makers, which do you pick? I tried hats and helmets, but it made cloth a huge bottleneck.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I do knives until I run out of metal, maces until I run out of wood, and then hats until I run out of leather. The first two get you just almost complete coverage to sell to anyone if you have the energy to convince them of what they really want (you do have racks for your key weapon types, right?)

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Bad Munki posted:

We recently had someone jump ship (I think he's just not playing anymore and was kind enough to ditch after a couple days of inactivity) so there's a new space open in Xtanstic.

That would be me, it completely slipped my mind to post here because I deleted the game at an ungodly hour. Apologies.

It's fun, but it requires far more attention that I'm willing to spare for a phone game.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Tinyn posted:

When you focus on building just one or two items to be big money makers, which do you pick? I tried hats and helmets, but it made cloth a huge bottleneck.

Axes are good.

Tinyn
Jan 10, 2003

Bad Munki posted:

I do knives until I run out of metal, maces until I run out of wood, and then hats until I run out of leather.

Thanks. I had racks for my hats and helms. I didnt think that knives and maces would have high coverage.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Tinyn posted:

Thanks. I had racks for my hats and helms. I didnt think that knives and maces would have high coverage.

I actually made a spreadsheet, it doesn't actually DO anything except act as a list of heroes and which item types are green for them, so you can drag columns around to figure out what minimal combo of items will have good coverage for you and/or what you're missing with your current manufacturing plan. Well, I guess it does total up at the top so you can see at a glance if that item serves a majority of heroes or not. Whatever, I found it useful. :shobon:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qrd0UgwhcvMN7zI8I-0Oqg-dVHbMj2N6rPRSNUnwclk/edit?usp=sharing

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Fat Samurai posted:

That would be me, it completely slipped my mind to post here because I deleted the game at an ungodly hour. Apologies.

It's fun, but it requires far more attention that I'm willing to spare for a phone game.

That's two of the major reasons why I haven't tried to join a player city. I can't commit enough time to be effective in a group, and I could quit at any time.

I've been having plenty of fun in my solo town up to level 13 so far. Progression is probably ultra slow compared to others, but it's still fun time wasting and seeing what new poo poo comes up as I upgrade things.

Bad Munki posted:

I actually made a spreadsheet, it doesn't actually DO anything except act as a list of heroes and which item types are green for them, so you can drag columns around to figure out what minimal combo of items will have good coverage for you and/or what you're missing with your current manufacturing plan. Well, I guess it does total up at the top so you can see at a glance if that item serves a majority of heroes or not. Whatever, I found it useful. :shobon:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qrd0UgwhcvMN7zI8I-0Oqg-dVHbMj2N6rPRSNUnwclk/edit?usp=sharing

Awesome work, thanks very much for setting that up.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Bad Munki posted:

Here's 4 more heroes that unlock later.

http://imgur.com/a/WLnRd

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

texasmed posted:

That's two of the major reasons why I haven't tried to join a player city. I can't commit enough time to be effective in a group, and I could quit at any time.
You really oughta just join a town, the city upgrades require multiple people contributing and it's not a huge deal if you're less active or end up quitting.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

dipple posted:

You really oughta just join a town, the city upgrades require multiple people contributing and it's not a huge deal if you're less active or end up quitting.
Yeah, I basically just spam invites whenever I buy a new slot or kick out a dead person and whoever grabs it first gets in. No big deal if you decide you don't want to stick with it, though moving yourself out of the town or mentioning it in city chat might be polite.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Speaking of buying a new slot, I'll get the next level of our town hall after I see what level 24's worker will cost me.

faptown
Dec 6, 2008
This is starting to get brutal. Bridgopolis needs another 7 million in order to upgrade and unlock another population slot.

Tinyn
Jan 10, 2003

SilverMike posted:

Speaking of buying a new slot, I'll get the next level of our town hall after I see what level 24's worker will cost me.

That one is just a mil

thetedster
Jan 31, 2007
Any towns with an open spot? Level 10: OrganGrinder#52698

elvie
Jan 17, 2009

faptown posted:

This is starting to get brutal. Bridgopolis needs another 7 million in order to upgrade and unlock another population slot.

It's making me consider buying gems to unlock the fifth worker to up production to then be able to help out more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazzo
Jun 22, 2006

I'm looking for a new town. I'm in some pub town where I'm the only person upgrading buildings. My ID is dazzo#11428 and I'm currently level 13. I don't know though how to change towns in game.

• Locked thread