Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Otisburg has one opening thanks to RobSA's amazing goldwrangling skills, likely a second soon as we have one about to idle out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

About to hit level 8, someone please grab me and hook me on this permanently!

baka#15849

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Toss an invite my way and I'll join soon.

Done, you should have an invite

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

delfin posted:

Otisburg has one opening thanks to RobSA's amazing goldwrangling skills, likely a second soon as we have one about to idle out.

I'd love to join up, swimminganime#27559

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Dragongem posted:

Done, you should have an invite

I do. I'll move over tonight.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
If there are more spots in an active city, darksaber#80732 could use one. Level 10 now, I think.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Three invites to Otisburg sent, one opening, one possible additional opening. Scurry, insects, scurry!

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007

Dragongem posted:

got the 1m from the decorations, and merchant furniture. Also assorted 200ks. Opened a couple spots for boatmurdered. A+ ramping trick do recommend.

To do this do you buy the decorations that cost gems?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
You might have to level up a bit -- there's coin decorations all the way to the right and you should be able to hit 50 without spending gems.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Dang, Otisburg was full when I tried to accept the invite just now.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

So I've only been playing for a day or so.

I'm level 7, and I can reasonably gear up the two tanks. But I don't have tailors to do gear for the other classes. Do I stop selling stuff by getting rid of an armoured so I can gear up the other characters?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Dogo posted:

To do this do you buy the decorations that cost gems?

You can do it with gold only as soon as you hit level 13

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Oodles posted:

So I've only been playing for a day or so.

I'm level 7, and I can reasonably gear up the two tanks. But I don't have tailors to do gear for the other classes. Do I stop selling stuff by getting rid of an armoured so I can gear up the other characters?

Yes, you can fire and hire workers to fill your needs and you will be doing that throughout the game. My own recommendations for worker sets are near the top of the previous page.

Otisburg kicked one idler and added two newbies; we are full up for now, 15/15. Our next idle-kick would be in about a week, so I'll post again there if we open up more.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

We currently have an opening in Xtanstic (11/12). Who still needs an invite?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I'd like to take it - but how do I figure out my user ID on Iphone?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Oodles posted:

I'd like to take it - but how do I figure out my user ID on Iphone?
Click the thing with your name and level and it should be in the upper left

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Dan#28270

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Are racks worth it? Do they up the selling price at all?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
No, but they allow you to regain hearts on sales, which is really fuckin' important.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Are racks worth it? Do they up the selling price at all?

Racks are essential because, once they are leveled up, they give you bonus hearts when you sell their item type. This is unaffected by the level or quality of the item; only its type matters.

So, early on, pick something common like Daggers. Level a Dagger rack up high and put it on your floor. Make a bunch of garbage pocket knives and dirks and such. When you have something expensive to sell, surcharge it to make even more gold from it; this drops your hearts way down. Now pick someone else, sell them a garbage dagger, give them a discount, then tack on your rack bonus (or bonuses -- you can have two racks of the same type) to send your hearts soaring back up. Repeat.

You can do this in reverse as well. Sell your discounted garbage to keep energy high enough to item swap + surcharge the next customer, then sell expensive stuff at a surcharge with its racks active and make up more hearts than the surcharge costs. Right now I'm getting like 40 extra hearts whenever I sell one one of my expensive armors.

echo465
Jun 3, 2007
I like ice cream
What do we know about blueprint fragments so far? I've got 11 of them, do I want the MorningStar, FalconEye, or ColoredPowder? Does the bartender get new ones once I've bought these?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

echo465 posted:

What do we know about blueprint fragments so far? I've got 11 of them, do I want the MorningStar, FalconEye, or ColoredPowder? Does the bartender get new ones once I've bought these?
Someone probably has a reference but generally it looks like all of the blueprint items have an ability that unlocks when you master making the item. It only works on flawless or better quality copies of the item, but you can use copies you bought off trade. The Morning Star gets Crush, which would be extremely useful except it's such a low level weapon that anyone you put it on will probably lose their 25% set bonus to get that 25% Crush bonus. I guess you could put it on someone who you can't get the set bonus cause they're too high to afford their gear, but that would still mean taking a huge hit on the points from that slot and also it would break a lot easier.

I guess once you've bought a bunch of them you might get access to some blueprints that are worth a drat but don't hold your breath.

thideras
Oct 27, 2010

Fuck you, I'm a tree.
Fun Shoe

echo465 posted:

There are three different "types" of rare blueprint unlocks (in this order): warrior, rogue, caster. If you cater more to casters, those types of unlocks will likely benefit you more. The blueprints are not randomly chosen anymore, so they will only change when you buy one.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I wish I could cater to one type of clientele and tell the others gently caress off. No in don't have your stupid staff or sandals, piss off! I'm busy making armor and blades!

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I wish I could cater to one type of clientele and tell the others gently caress off. No in don't have your stupid staff or sandals, piss off! I'm busy making armor and blades!

I vaguely remember the tutorial saying that if you reject somebody, they're less likely to come asking for the same thing. Maybe just reject the people you don't want to serve until they stop coming?

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Radiation Cow posted:

I vaguely remember the tutorial saying that if you reject somebody, they're less likely to come asking for the same thing. Maybe just reject the people you don't want to serve until they stop coming?

Definitely true. Almost no one ever asks me to sell them a weapon anymore even though that's all I used to make - it's always either a potion, herb, or armor now

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

antti#42686

I am level 7 and have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to anything except mass producing swords.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Mkendrik#76505

Just started and just hit level 5. Looking for a town.

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 5, 2015

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Meowth#77523

I'm level 11 and need an invite.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I've been scratching my head at the Iron Key economy -- it seems like they're listed (and selling!) at 250+ gems when opening an iron chest is only 100. The only explanation for this I can figure out is whales snapping up iron keys to resell for millions of coins, providing one of the few ways to reliably convert gems into gold..

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If you look in World chat (don't do that) you will see people offering millions for gems all the time, so I assume that's one of the mechanisms. Reminds me of the person in the old thread who offered 25K to new players if they'd use it on their Town Halls to get new cities going faster.

Chalax
Jun 16, 2009
Chalax#55369 is looking for a home. If need be, I'll start investing to build up a new town if we don't have the room.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

delfin posted:

If you look in World chat (don't do that) you will see people offering millions for gems all the time, so I assume that's one of the mechanisms. Reminds me of the person in the old thread who offered 25K to new players if they'd use it on their Town Halls to get new cities going faster.

Offer is still on the table.

e:

swimming anime posted:

Yeah I feel like there's a few more people itt looking for a city so maybe we should make another. I'm gonna send invites to the last few people whove posted here momentarily.

If you need seed money, just ask. Items I make sell from anywhere from 19k-88k so it's not going to exactly hurt me to help you guys out.

Deki fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 6, 2015

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

Chalax posted:

Chalax#55369 is looking for a home. If need be, I'll start investing to build up a new town if we don't have the room.

Yeah I feel like there's a few more people itt looking for a city so maybe we should make another. I'm gonna send invites to the last few people whove posted here momentarily.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Has anyone been able to link their pre-existing accounts to Kongregate yet? For some reason I like the inane Kong chat when I'm playing dumb games like this.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

delfin posted:

25k isn't a lot tho

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Tired Moritz posted:

25k isn't a lot tho

If you're new and trying to build up a city, that's a good few extra player slots in the town hall, and some extra resource generation with what's left.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Are the Hero quests from the Inn important and something worth going for? Currently I'm more or less randomly spamming resource runs because items breaking is _impossibly_ annoying.
But if there's good poo poo behind those, I guess I'd have to invest a bit more effort in their inventory for that 25% bonus.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Just gems, the amount is rather low in the grand scheme of things.

Selling Epic+ versions of items is going to get you gems way faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Hero quests are extremely weird in terms of how they're released. Like Energy, it sort of feels like a feature that was retro-fitted at the last moment.

In terms of city building, I assume the next thing to aim for after the various tier 2 workers and resources (beyond population increases) are Tier 3 workers? I'm checking the wiki and it seems that the unlock requirements are Engineering 21, Trader's Square 21, Forge 29, Market 29, Miner's Guild 29, and Sorcerer's Tower 29. For those, I think the only one remotely reachable is Engineering or Trader's Square, and even then it'll probably be several millions invested + some town hall upgrades.

Xantastic is town level 20, for what it's worth.

• Locked thread