Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCiYmCVikjo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Kill the goddamn tenants man.
I had one guy sub-let (against the lease) to some crazyperson who proceeded to "redecorate" by doodling some bullshit all over the walls.
Another had the washer in the hotwater tap in his shower give out. Not a big deal, those things cost like 20 cents and it takes 10 minutes to fix right? The hot water one always goes out first. So the shower was drippy because the washer was hosed. Did he say anything about it? Nope. He didn't. He complained about his poo poo landlord though! Instead of telling me about his 30 cent problem so I could fix it in 10 minutes, he decided to do drugs forever, disappear for days at a time and let the washer disintegrate completely. Slipped a 24 hour notice for access under the door, and the next day he still wasn't in so I just entered. The bathroom was a loving swamp with the hot water going full blast, and black mold on every single surface. So I evicted the fuckin retard, obviously didn't give him his damage deposit back.

rear end in a top hat complained about his tyrant landlord not fixing anything and kicking him out. I would have gladly fixed that goddamn tap and any other issues that came up, because it's so goddamn cheap and easier to do it right off the bat.
In the same building there was a chick who lived there, she approached me complaining that her stove hasn't worked for weeks and she needed to cook real meals for her young son. Am I supposed to be loving psychic? I had amicably talked to her several times during these weeks her stove didn't work and she didn't mention a thing. I checked out her stove, and had a new one in and running that day.

This was all in the same building around the same time. I got tired of these idiots' bullshit and flipped the property onto an actual slumlord scumbag. Have fun dipshits.

Another property I got an angry call that there was a mice infestation, turns out they were shoving their garbage into a wall! I asked them why they were shoving their garbage into a wall, and was told "it's really cold outside" like that made any loving sense at all. Evicted that whole disgusting family I hope they're goddamn homeless now

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

The Fattest PI posted:

I had one guy sub-let (against the lease) to some crazyperson who proceeded to "redecorate" by doodling some bullshit all over the walls.
Another had the washer in the hotwater tap in his shower give out. Not a big deal, those things cost like 20 cents and it takes 10 minutes to fix right? The hot water one always goes out first. So the shower was drippy because the washer was hosed. Did he say anything about it? Nope. He didn't. He complained about his poo poo landlord though! Instead of telling me about his 30 cent problem so I could fix it in 10 minutes, he decided to do drugs forever, disappear for days at a time and let the washer disintegrate completely. Slipped a 24 hour notice for access under the door, and the next day he still wasn't in so I just entered. The bathroom was a loving swamp with the hot water going full blast, and black mold on every single surface. So I evicted the fuckin retard, obviously didn't give him his damage deposit back.

rear end in a top hat complained about his tyrant landlord not fixing anything and kicking him out. I would have gladly fixed that goddamn tap and any other issues that came up, because it's so goddamn cheap and easier to do it right off the bat.
In the same building there was a chick who lived there, she approached me complaining that her stove hasn't worked for weeks and she needed to cook real meals for her young son. Am I supposed to be loving psychic? I had amicably talked to her several times during these weeks her stove didn't work and she didn't mention a thing. I checked out her stove, and had a new one in and running that day.

This was all in the same building around the same time. I got tired of these idiots' bullshit and flipped the property onto an actual slumlord scumbag. Have fun dipshits.

Another property I got an angry call that there was a mice infestation, turns out they were shoving their garbage into a wall! I asked them why they were shoving their garbage into a wall, and was told "it's really cold outside" like that made any loving sense at all. Evicted that whole disgusting family I hope they're goddamn homeless now

lol

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

American landlords are human loving poo poo and I hate them because they are criminally minded scum who savor draining first time renters of their precious money like money vampires or moneypires if you will. I also dislike them and wish them to diiiiiiiiiie!

Superficial dent in clearly old fridge that was poorly "repaired" by the landlord? Didn't document that poo poo did you? YOU MUST BUY A NEW FRIDGE FOR LIKE 1000 BUCKS!

My building has changed staff several times and has run the full gambit of "gently caress you, I hope someone treats your car like the bonus stage from Street Fighter II rear end in a top hat" to "Oh hey, these guys are pretty cool." The building repair guy is the only person who doesn't ever change, and he's cool. So your experience may vary.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

old landlord/leasing company is probably going to be taking me to small claims soon and oh man i hope for their sakes their rear end is lubed up real nice for the hard loving i'm going to give them

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Went through a long history of great landlords to make it here. Thanks.

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
If I can't have pets in my room I doubt my landlord will allow me to kill him.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Fattest PI posted:

you sound like a really bad landlord. and probably the creepy bad spy kind. you are probably a very solitary person. "quiet"

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

This is an appropriate thread to post the best rap album of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzgj6pH0Aq0

Pro-tip the first 2 songs are Golden

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Kill your landlord

-original thought

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine
Renters are trash. Let someone use something you "own" that they have no real interest in taking care of, and you will lean that lesson too. Kids do more damage in a week than a deposit could ever cover. Being a landlord is a horrible loving trap people talk themselves into with the "long term return" argument and spreadsheets. loving animals.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

red_dirt posted:

Renters are trash. Let someone use something you "own" that they have no real interest in taking care of, and you will lean that lesson too. Kids do more damage in a week than a deposit could ever cover. Being a landlord is a horrible loving trap people talk themselves into with the "long term return" argument and spreadsheets. loving animals.

you seem really immature (no t judging)

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
In the house where they filled the wall with garbage, once I evicted them I had to clean it up and there were syringes behind/under all the appliances. I was redoing the flooring because they ruined it, and while I was working I could hear mice scritching around inside the wall next to my head. At one point I stood up turned around, grabbed a tool, and when I turned around again there was a fresh mouse turd on the brand new flooring I put down.
Fuckin ninja mice poopin on my stuff.

While I was doing that floor the ex-tenants' retard kids somehow showed up on his own, he was probably like 9, and started smashing stuff outside. He reminded me of the weird monster dude from the goonies.
Later on when I hopped into my car to go home, a piece of poo poo van pulled up and the disgusting patriarch of the family rolled down his window and asked about the damage deposit. I laughed and he was like "I'll see you in court" and I laughed and laughed

That's my story of why renters are worthless human garbage thanks for reading

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

when the revolution comes, i hope that the slumlord of my last building is among the first lined up against the wall

if i were a cannibal, i'd eat him in the hopes that he tastes like Turkish food. then again, he looks like a skinny high schooler whose head gets flushed down the toilet on a daily basis (he even wears braces ffs), so there probably isn't much meat on his bones

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

The Fattest PI posted:

In the house where they filled the wall with garbage, once I evicted them I had to clean it up and there were syringes behind/under all the appliances. I was redoing the flooring because they ruined it, and while I was working I could hear mice scritching around inside the wall next to my head. At one point I stood up turned around, grabbed a tool, and when I turned around again there was a fresh mouse turd on the brand new flooring I put down.

While I was doing that floor the ex-tenants' retard kids somehow showed up on his own, he was probably like 9, and started smashing stuff outside. He reminded me of the weird monster dude from the goonies.
Later on when I hopped into my car to go home, a piece of poo poo van pulled up and the disgusting patriarch of the family rolled down his window and asked about the damage deposit. I laughed and he was like "I'll see you in court" and I laughed and laughed

agreed, we need to abolish the rent seeking behavior that taints our world, no more renters, no more problems

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

The Fattest PI posted:

This guy is mad because he actually had to do work in order to make money instead of just kicking back and basking in "passive revenue streams"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lol i found my old landlord's linkedin page. he hasn't been listed as working since April 2014 because he started (not) working for his uncle's slumlord agency

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

private property is theft

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Y-Hat posted:

lol i found my old landlord's linkedin page. he hasn't been listed as working since April 2014 because he started (not) working for his uncle's slumlord agency

Owning property is a lot of work, symbolically speaking.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Owning property is a lot of work, symbolically speaking.
he sure as hell didn't do any actual work, except for when it came time to kick out both sides of the building because he wanted to turn the apartments into three-bedrooms so he could jack up the rent. did i mention that the company turned these apartments from one-bedroom to five-bedroom? they built actual walls instead of cheap dividers but it was still very likely illegal

i've been in public housing apartments in NYC that were in better condition than my old piece of poo poo building

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
My landlord is a buddy from college. I just take care of poo poo that goes wrong in the house (it was built in the 1900s) and he reimburses me for any parts, and is cool when I'm late on rent. Sometimes you find good ones. :

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

the land lord that owns my building is pretty nice he hasn't evicted me or any little old ladies or cute animals yet but when he does hoooooo boy

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

sounds like i need to be a homeowner

u are 2 out of 3 syllables on the way there!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

My landlord is a buddy from college. I just take care of poo poo that goes wrong in the house (it was built in the 1900s) and he reimburses me for any parts, and is cool when I'm late on rent. Sometimes you find good ones. :

I had a renter who asked if she could paint her placs because the old colors were drab/boring or whatever. She said she'd pay for everything and do it herself and run the colors by me first haha idiot. She seemed not too stupid so I told her she could paint it if she' wanted but to run the paint by me first, and if it was cool I'd pay for the work. I did too. She did a great job. I was a good landlorn

• Locked thread