Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

a hole-y ghost posted:

Okay, thanks! How do I know which edition is the right one?

Well the 1st edition was actually not very good and has a lot of outdated info. But any edition after that and you are good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can you imagine when God was bangin Mary? I mean gods dick can be any size or shape he wants, right? Then he cuckholds Jesus his whole life just so he can sitteth on his hand. I mean that guy must have some fancy fuckin hands if Jesus didn't gently caress his whole life so he could get fingerbanged by his dad and have some quaint, but frankly useless magical powers in the earthly realm.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Can you imagine when God was bangin Mary? I mean gods dick can be any size or shape he wants, right? Then he cuckholds Jesus his whole life just so he can sitteth on his hand. I mean that guy must have some fancy fuckin hands if Jesus didn't gently caress his whole life so he could get fingerbanged by his dad and have some quaint, but frankly useless magical powers in the earthly realm.

you don't know how to make a joke, do you?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

mdm posted:

a tleast give him a clue you jackass

you see christian theology is pretty much based on the secular concept of trigonometry

Lol

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

mdm posted:

a tleast give him a clue you jackass

you see christian theology is pretty much based on the secular concept of trigonometry

Ah yes, the worship of Trigon.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you don't know how to make a joke, do you?

Sorry, uh...

Jesus pissed.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Sorry, uh...

Jesus pissed.

gonna take that as a yes

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Jesus is the best.

He came not to destroy the law, but to fulfill it.

:aaaaa:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Apollodorus posted:

Jesus is the best.

He came not to destroy the law, but to fulfill it.

:aaaaa:

alot of the law he came to fulfill had to do with bathing. Not real surprised that GBS isn't on the same page

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Anyone who beats money lenders is okay in my book.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The North Tower posted:

Jesus beat the money changers in the temple. No books talked about money lenders

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Is a money changer one of those guys at the airport behind the thick glass that turns dollars into monopoly money?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

InterFaced posted:

Is a money changer one of those guys at the airport behind the thick glass that turns dollars into monopoly money?

yup. as long as the airport isn't a temple, Jesus is A-OK with them

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

The North Tower posted:

Jesus was chill all the time, but he saw these assholes and was like "No."

A Very Sexy Baby
Sep 25, 2007

I can't help it if men are attracted to me.
happy Yom Kippur

not one letter of the law will pass away bitches

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
iş şan was niuklahs, swe niuklahs rodida, swe niuklahs froş, swe niuklahs mitoda; bişe warş wair, barniskeins aflagida

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Coptic's are the best christians. They follow Jesus and keep to the laws he did

all of the oriental orthodox churches are truer to original teachings of christ, copts/syriacs/ethiopians etc

basically if ur really serious about being christian and ur church accepts chalcedon or beyond i have some bad news for u

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

whoflungpoop posted:

all of the oriental orthodox churches are truer to original teachings of christ, copts/syriacs/ethiopians etc

basically if ur really serious about being christian and ur church accepts chalcedon or beyond i have some bad news for u

copts are the original christians. All christians should follow jewish law

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world, upon us grant thy mercy
Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world, upon us grant thy mercy
Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world, give us thy peace and blessing

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

whoflungpoop posted:

this is dangerously close to anti western terrorist speak my friend, watch ur back son

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Jesus is the way to my father's house

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pivotal Lever posted:

Jesus is the way to my father's house

you're a mexican?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

copts are the original christians. All christians should follow jewish law

I Love Jesus posted:

not one letter of the law will pass away bitches
tbh im surprised modern christian bibles dont have the relevant passages in matthew crossed out with a big NAH JK on the side

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

whoflungpoop posted:

tbh im surprised modern christian bibles dont have the relevant passages in matthew crossed out with a big NAH JK on the side

King James rules all of America

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

King James rules all of America

The old timey english helps remind people that English is God's language, which is comforting to know

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

tbf i can see the temple's point as well as jesus's, palace economies were p common back then bc its the easiest way to control trade

u got ppl coming in from all over, they're not gonna drag a goat or whatever along with them to sacrafice, so there's a burgeoning market for selling livestock to these ppl, and a need to exchange currency from different places, if the temple priests let it go on someplace else they're cutting off their own revenue stream and gold inlaid doors dont pay for themselves

otoh just like atms and coffee shops in modern megachurches its tacky as gently caress

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mdm posted:

The old timey english helps remind people that English is God's language, which is comforting to know

truth

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

whoflungpoop posted:

tbf i can see the temple's point as well as jesus's, palace economies were p common back then bc its the easiest way to control trade

u got ppl coming in from all over, they're not gonna drag a goat or whatever along with them to sacrafice, so there's a burgeoning market for selling livestock to these ppl, and a need to exchange currency from different places, if the temple priests let it go on someplace else they're cutting off their own revenue stream and gold inlaid doors dont pay for themselves

otoh just like atms and coffee shops in modern megachurches its tacky as gently caress

It was literally Jesus throwing a hissy-fit that got him killed

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

CJacobs posted:

Jesus christ I love you, yes I do

AHHHHHHAAAA LOVE YOU JEEE HEEE SAAAAASSS KKKEEEERRR RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It was literally Jesus throwing a hissy-fit that got him killed

yeah jewish history has a long tradition of crazy outspoken prophets being protected, suffered and indulged but once u start screwing w enough ppl's money all bets are off

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I know this is a tall order but If Jesus Christ was a real dude and if this dude was chill, I'm ok with Jesus.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_Levi_Laestadius

this guy is the founder of the christian sect i grew up in, he's cool

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

InterFaced posted:

I know this is a tall order but If Jesus Christ was a real dude and if this dude was chill, I'm ok with Jesus.

he was probably a couple of real dudes. They were chill.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

whoflungpoop posted:

Number one college republican right here guys

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Commie NedFlanders posted:

not sure, but she might have been making a long-winded joke

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I get it, I get jokes Durrrrrrrrrr

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Sorry I was distracted by trying to capture a stupid Ibis in mgs5 without killing fiddy men

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

Should have been at least :secondpost:

For shame goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
love is the answer