Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
if some of you guys havent been keeping up with good sc content this is pretty epic if you dont speak spanish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf31MzNgnNk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vorik posted:

0% chance whoever owns that doesn't jack off to airplanes

It's DCS and not MS Flight Sim, so chances are he jerks off more to Apache kill videos and Starship Troopers than he does airplanes

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

kuddles posted:

I remain completely baffled at how the same audience that incessantly whines about "greedy devs" for every DLC pack or pre-order bonus thinks giving a developer thousands of bucks for in-game items that have yet to be made is a great idea.

People who think they are smarter than others are the easiest to scam.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I do not follow star citizen nor do i play video games. Can a friendly goon spell out what makes this game so special? What sets it apart from other games?

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I do not follow star citizen nor do i play video games. Can a friendly goon spell out what makes this game so special? What sets it apart from other games?

Hopes, dreams and delusion.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

being able to raise 90 million bux based on nothing but the hopes and dreams of mystical unicorns, if you ask me that's pretty goddamn special

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
What were the hopes and dreams?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
itd be eve but dumber

gamers are idiots

Aug 4, 2010

Jst0rm posted:

if some of you guys havent been keeping up with good sc content this is pretty epic if you dont speak spanish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf31MzNgnNk

this is better interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, Smart just posted a picture of his wife on twitter. Roberts can suck it.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
:10bux: that he shoped the shutterstock watermark off.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha, just found out why he posted her picture. loving hell.
http://theralphretort.com/big-randi-claimed-derek-smart-was-talking-to-her-about-marriage-gets-btfo-9024015/

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Not being fat definitely helps with getting women.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

i hope ralph has an Angel (from buffy) moment where, in a blinding flash of light, he realizes what an atrocious poo poo-commando he is. then i stab him in the chest with a huge sword & hurl him into the gaping maw of hell.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'm esteemed website https://www.theralphretort.com AMA

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Reminder to everyone that the Endeavor is going to be on sale next week and prices have been revealed:

- Base Endeavor (Standard Labs Attached) - $425
- Base Hope (Hospital Layout) - $450
- Base Endeavor (No Pods) - $350

450 max for the ship is a pretty good deal considering some people were expecting it to cost 600+ bucks.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

450 bucks for concept art that may or may not come out in 2 years is a good deal.

:psyduck:

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

kikkelivelho posted:

450 max for the ship is a pretty good deal

:smith:

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Wafflz posted:

450 bucks for concept art that may or may not come out in 2 years is a good deal.

:psyduck:

Obviously the ships design can change during that time but you can just melt it if it isn't to your liking.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
so here's a spreadsheet of goons who threw money at this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag42gMGK9WrwdDlkdUM2NEhudW42MkNfWDhJYmhFSVE#gid=0

im the goon who put in over $5000

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

kikkelivelho posted:

Obviously the ships design can change during that time but you can just melt it if it isn't to your liking.

This is the counter argument to "spending $450 on a space ship in a game that doesn't even exist and may not ever exist is crazy"?

:psyduck: :psyduck:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

450 max for the ship is a pretty good deal considering some people were expecting it to cost 600+ bucks.

this is like when stores mark their ship up way past average cost then do a sale where they mark everything down to just like 5% under average cost and idiots go 'OH poo poo what a DEAL this useless widget I don't need used to be $50 but now it's only $30! Better get it while I can!'

it's a poo poo deal, the fact that you were going to pay $600 and now you only gotta pay $450 doesn't mean anything other than you're getting ripped off for slightly less than you were about to throw in.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

lorn Wayne posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag42gMGK9WrwdDlkdUM2NEhudW42MkNfWDhJYmhFSVE#gid=0

you mean $11,000... :smith:

pretty sure this guy signed an actual deal with the devil. there is no sound explanation here

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lorn Wayne posted:

poor or middle class people staying poor or middle class lol

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

lorn Wayne posted:

Can you describe the thought process behind this decision?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

lorn Wayne posted:

if lowtax needs money he can start his own fundraiser to ban everyone on this list

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I don't understand a single sentence in this... article?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

you mean $11,000... :smith:

pretty sure this guy signed an actual deal with the devil. there is no sound explanation here

He literally said "Well, if I invest 11k into Star Citizen, I'll never have to leave the house, go on a vacation, or pay for any entertainment. Also I'll save on other items because Star Citizen will consume all my time and I won't have the time to shop. So in the long run, I'll actually make money out of the deal."

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

wtf is this lovely site?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

He literally said "Well, if I invest 11k into Star Citizen, I'll never have to leave the house, go on a vacation, or pay for any entertainment. Also I'll save on other items because Star Citizen will consume all my time and I won't have the time to shop. So in the long run, I'll actually make money out of the deal."

hahahahahahaha

poor people staying poor

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

steinrokkan posted:

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I know we all love making GBS threads on D Smart for some reason but imo every thing I read that he puts out seems reasonable to me

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

kikkelivelho posted:

Can you describe the thought process behind this decision?

I'm pretty sure a couple of them fliped the fake ship purchase for a huge mark up.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Moridin920 posted:

I know we all love making GBS threads on D Smart for some reason but imo every thing I read that he puts out seems reasonable to me

I think he has had a lot of bad opinions in the past and threatens lawsuits on the drop of dime like a huge baby, but relative to the clusterfuck that is star citizen he seems like a really smart dude

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

I think he has had a lot of bad opinions in the past and threatens lawsuits on the drop of dime like a huge baby, but relative to the clusterfuck that is star citizen he seems like a really smart dude

That's cause he can recognize his own scam and he doesn't want competition.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Chris Roberts created one of the most ambitious projects of our time out of scratch while Derek Smart was having nerd slap fights on twitter.

I think we all know who the smart guy here is.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

Chris Roberts created one of the most ambitious projects of our time out of scratch while Derek Smart was having nerd slap fights on twitter.

I think we all know who the smart guy here is.

I'm old enough to remember the original Star Citizen. 20 years ago. It was called Battle Cruiser 3000AD, Chris Roberts didn't come up with this scam.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

I'm old enough to remember the original Star Citizen. 20 years ago. It was called Battle Cruiser 3000AD, Chris Roberts didn't come up with this scam.

2 decades later and nothing has changed. Smart is still a moron who produces garbage games. Chris is still a visionary who's revolutionizing the space sim genre.

funny how history repeats itself.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

kikkelivelho posted:

2 decades later and nothing has changed. Smart is still a moron who produces garbage games. Chris is still a visionary who's revolutionizing the space sim genre.

funny how history repeats itself.

"Visionary" :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

kikkelivelho posted:

Chris is still a visionary who's revolutionizing the space sim genre.

• Locked thread