Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Maldoror posted:

chris roberts needs to hire a ceo

he should hire that furry squeaker youtube weirdo to be his ceo

shmorky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
don't believe everything you read on the internet op.

star citizen is doing fine. just fine. :)

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

A Neurotic Jew posted:

don't believe everything you read on the internet op.

star citizen is doing fine. just fine. :)

I'm really glad the Iraqi information Minister found a new job. Sometimes I'd wonder what happened to him and I always figured he ended badly.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The number of true believers on SomethingAwful for this has always astounded me.

Oh poo poo am I in a bitcoin thread or a SC thread?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I think the worst thing Chris Roberts could do is release this game before it's ready. I'm honestly glad it's taking this long for them to roll things out because it means they care about the quality. I'm sure if they were doing this at EA they'd tell Chris to STFU with his big ideas and encourage him to release garbage. Meanwhile the social module is actually more fun than most AAA titles.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

To put things in perspective, MGS 5 ended a major game publisher as we know it, kicked a legendary designer out of his iconic franchise, pissed in the faces of the die hard fans of the series, had major cut content issues and game breaking bugs, failed on several promises of scope, attempted to legitimize using microtransactions in a full retail price game for a major game feature, and will still be a success and get loads of GOTY awards. Yet loving Star Citizen can't even get past "curio cabinet with a dogfight sim on the side" with at least $15 million more funding and a fanbase that is several hundred times as rabid, in what is possibly the most forgiving industry on the planet. I can't even imagine that level of failure being tolerated and even applauded in another sector.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

CrashCat posted:

I can't even imagine that level of failure being tolerated and even applauded in another sector.

Maybe you've never heard of... The Government? :smug:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I think the worst thing Chris Roberts could do is release this game before it's ready. I'm honestly glad it's taking this long for them to roll things out because it means they care about the quality. I'm sure if they were doing this at EA they'd tell Chris to STFU with his big ideas and encourage him to release garbage. Meanwhile the social module is actually more fun than most AAA titles.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Can I touch you?

Will you disappear if I blink, please don't disappear, you're beautiful.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ork of Fiction posted:

Well okay, good catch. Though thinking of politics as an industry is too terrifying so I suppressed it immediately

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Maldoror posted:

chris roberts needs to hire a ceo

he should hire that furry squeaker youtube weirdo to be his ceo

Agree, at this stage only fur can save this project.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Ork of Fiction posted:

Chris Roberts: Defense Contractor

he will win us the space arms race

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

this thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk

this

should be the ceo

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I'm really glad the Iraqi information Minister found a new job. Sometimes I'd wonder what happened to him and I always figured he ended badly.

He's apparently terminally ill now but more or less just moved back with his family to another country and lived out his days, so not too bad a shake

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9iH4Gp11W4

dunno if this was posted but it owns

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

drat, they're simulating event horizons in that thing ?? I didn't know the physics engine was still theoretical.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

brian boyko belongs on this project Chris!

Col. Mugsy
Jul 20, 2014

Decebal posted:

drat, they're simulating event horizons in that thing ?? I didn't know the physics engine was still theoretical.

The whole game is entirely theoretical.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Chris Roberts has finally managed to cut down on the rising production costs of snake oil, by giving everyone jack poo poo. An true entrepeneur.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

we should start to hear more about the features in about two weeks

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

BeefThief posted:

we should start to hear more about the features in about two weeks

Less than two weeks actually. Citizen con happens next week and is probably the biggest gaming/gamer event of the year.

What to expect:

Release of the multicrew alpha. Can't wait to fly my phoenix.

Squadron 42 trailer and release date. Mark Hamil reveal maybe?

Release of FPS (first person shooter) module and a roadmap for further development.

Lots of fun little Star Citizen products.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

citizen conned

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

BeefThief posted:

citizen conned

rosebud was his spaceship

only $10,000 USD

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Also a reminder that the Endeavor is going on sale today so if you're looking to have a science/medical career in the Verse you should get em while they're hot.

400 bucks for a big ol LTI ship, modules are sold separately.

The new CCU system is also coming so there really is no risk in investing right now.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

kikkelivelho posted:

The new CCU system is also coming so there really is no risk in investing right now.

I've seen enough to know that you're not trolling and that's really bumming me out

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

kikkelivelho posted:

no risk in investing right now.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

kikkelivelho posted:

Also a reminder that the Endeavor is going on sale today so if you're looking to have a science/medical career in the Verse you should get em while they're hot.

400 bucks for a big ol LTI ship, modules are sold separately.

in all seriousness how have the last ships been selling?

do they still get a good ROI?

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 29, 2015

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

sunk cost fallacy, the thread

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
according to dr. smart, christ roberts is about to run out of money

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

man if only George Broussard can get in on the action and be like "MAN PICK A DATE ALREADY"

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I'm an adult and i like computer games!!!!!!!!!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I'm an adult and I have a soul crushing job!!!!!!!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im going to invest in a computer game

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Why is it always about the money? Is that all you people care about?

We are on the threshold of something truly great here, and all you loser can think about are some meaningless financials.

And yeah, maybe Chris does have a cocaine habit, lots of people in Hollywood do, but do you really think that's going to make a dent into their 100 million dollar budget.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

kikkelivelho posted:

Less than two weeks actually.
it's telling when our memes are so boring they're confused with actual misinformation

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

kikkelivelho posted:

Lots of fun little Star Citizen products.

If they're so little why is it taking half a decade? Is Chris roberts a retard or something?

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

kikkelivelho posted:

We are on the threshold of something truly great here, and all you loser can think about are some meaningless financials.

And yeah, maybe Chris does have a cocaine habit, lots of people in Hollywood do, but do you really think that's going to make a dent into their 100 million dollar budget.

Lmao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

kikkelivelho posted:

I want to flip ships so that I can spend more money on ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If there's actual news about this game or some new angle of general interest about it, feel free to post a new thread about it. If you just want to discuss the same stuff as always, the Games thread is a better venue for that. Derek Smart making a lawsuit threat tweet is not a new angle of interest.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735644

• Locked thread