Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
oh great, now how am I going to fulfil my dream of pooing in space? thanks derek smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

everytime I read these weird blogs my opinion that gamers are literally children in adults body gets reinforced

this is a good opinion of mine, because I am a trustworthy man, well known on these forums, you can ask any of my facebook friends and also my mommy

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Is it gonna be like Eve where the expensive-rear end ships people paid so much for can get blown up anywhere at anytime, and most of those guys who paid $100~1000 for some spaceship will almost never undock with it for fear of losing the ship?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

steinrokkan posted:

what the hell is going on, i only read the last page and they make it sound like croberts went bankrupt or something

I mean morally he kinda did

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

6 goddamn pages and nobody posted the crashing spaceship gif?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

at the very least you gotta have the money going into croberts mouth

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Sanctum posted:

Is it gonna be like Eve where the expensive-rear end ships people paid so much for can get blown up anywhere at anytime, and most of those guys who paid $100~1000 for some spaceship will almost never undock with it for fear of losing the ship?

The early backers also got lifetime warranty on those ships and it totally isn't pay 2 win.

Also this isn't an MMO and no persistent universe so it's impossible to undock into an enemy fleet.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I wonder how long it will take the game economy to collapse if this flying turd ever makes it to release.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Lol so many autistics are going to kill themselves over this.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

The French Army! posted:

Lol so many autistics are going to kill themselves over this.

I doubt it.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Al Borland posted:

I doubt it.

They didn't kill themselves over their Buttcoin investments and MTGOX swindling them before collapsing, they won't do it for this.

There's money to be made off scamming Internet shut-ins.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Cyks posted:

The early backers also got lifetime warranty on those ships and it totally isn't pay 2 win.

Also this isn't an MMO and no persistent universe so it's impossible to undock into an enemy fleet.

WAit I thought the whole point of this pile of poo poo was that it was an MMO with a persistent universe

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
A couple years back someone in the break room said something about Star Citizen and how amazing it is. I got confused and said something about how I thought it was a project that just vanished into thin air, but he claimed that it totally exists and is great. What Im wondering is: Was he just delusional, or is there some unfinished playable version out there? From what I understood, Roberts just got gazillions of dollars and hes just cramming it up his rear end, but was I wrong?

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Al Borland posted:

I doubt it.

that one electroshock depression case whos like 20k in the hole deffo will though

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Gutcruncher posted:

A couple years back someone in the break room said something about Star Citizen and how amazing it is. I got confused and said something about how I thought it was a project that just vanished into thin air, but he claimed that it totally exists and is great. What Im wondering is: Was he just delusional, or is there some unfinished playable version out there? From what I understood, Roberts just got gazillions of dollars and hes just cramming it up his rear end, but was I wrong?

I think there's a team death match mode with lovely flight physics

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Now I may be an autistic retard who needs to take a mountain of pills to perform the most basic of tasks, but I still haven't lost hope.

You know why? Because Star Citizen is more than just a game. It's an concept. It's a new chance.

In Star Citizen we can all be famous explorers, successful miners or legendary pilots.

In Star Citizen.... we can all aspire to be more.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
No

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

Now I may be an autistic retard who needs to take a mountain of pills to perform the most basic of tasks, but I still haven't lost hope.

You know why? Because Star Citizen is more than just a game. It's an concept. It's a new chance.

In Star Citizen we can all be famous explorers, successful miners or legendary pilots.

In Star Citizen.... we can all aspire to be more.

Who scrubs the toilets in the Star City? I don't have much money but I can do a fair day's work if there's a mighty ship involved.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

kikkelivelho posted:

In Star Citizen.... we can all asperg be more.

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
So the new projected date is 2017/18, did they have an original release date in mind that's just been pushed further and further back ala Duke Nukem or was it always kinda vague?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

did they save pc gaming yet

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

According to that post, if it's true, they're burning 3.5m a month. How do they even manage that without some serious coke binging :psyduck:

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Rated PG-34 posted:

According to that post, if it's true, they're burning 3.5m a month. How do they even manage that without some serious coke binging :psyduck:

Some moderate coke binging with a side of hookers.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Commoners posted:

Some moderate coke binging with a side of hookers.

All of the above with another side of having five studios across the globe for some reason

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

startups being real bad with money is nothing new

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Doctor Schnabel posted:

that one electroshock depression case whos like 20k in the hole deffo will though

lol probably. That or he'll do death by cop or something by trying to kill Croberts.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

have the backers figured out it's a scam yet

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'd feel bad for that PR women if she wasn't going all in on exploiting these nerds with nerd bait hair and dress

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Sep 28, 2015

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Wintermutant posted:

All of the above with another side of having five studios across the globe for some reason

There's also the case of them, as from the CIG artist David Jennison's resignation letter, is that CRoberts is forcing them to work on assets that look well in screenshots and small demo videos, but are so high-quality that they don't play well in a game and take forever to make. There's also parts where CRoberts or the art designer signed off on concept art, the artists completed a model according to the concept, then CR comes in and says for them to redo the model for something that came from the concept stage, breaking the whole pipeline.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Premeditated Toast posted:

So the new projected date is 2017/18, did they have an original release date in mind that's just been pushed further and further back ala Duke Nukem or was it always kinda vague?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
short answer:

nothing.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Rambling Robot posted:

short answer:

nothing.

Plenty of pretty, expensive (and pretty expensive) nothing.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Parallax Scroll posted:

did they save pc gaming yet

apparently yeah

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I already beat the game and saw the end credits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9iH4Gp11W4

it was pretty pathetic for a game. go gently caress yourself, croberts

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Pastor Perineum posted:

This is he greatest ending fucklord

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

It's not the ending of the game, it's the ending of the project, the whole thing just goes spinning into the void.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm not even into games, but I saw John Carmack and Phil Fish and I snickered because its all overrated piles of poo poo in the end cre...OH HEY

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Pastor Perineum posted:

lmao the credits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003