Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

It's out and it's good. You should try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I loving love Chris Roberts presents: Star Citizen: Squadron 42.

Every night before I go to sleep I start the hangar module and kiss goodnight to my Constellation Phoenix (the Millenium Falcon of Star Citizen).

At Citizencon we will finally have multicrew and I can take my baby out fo a flight.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Nation posted:

can i get a serious answer about the status of star citizen?

In two weeks at Citizencon Chris Roberts will present the first version of the Persistent Universe and the first part of the Squadron 42 campaign.

Expect both of them to release within 6 months.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

JFairfax posted:

the guy who wrote that really really long thing about the troubled development of Star Citizen was the guy behind Battlecruiser 3000 AD which was a loving abortion

Derek Smart is making these rants because he's jealous. Smart has failed at all his projects and the fact that Chris is creating a successful and impressive space MMO is probably driving
him mad.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Ehud posted:

can somebody give me the bullet point version of why people are so excited about this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJJ9TcGxhNY

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I think most of the poo poo talk and scepticism will end once Citizencon comes around. I'd like to see Smart's face when RSI releases the FPS and the Persistent Universe alpha.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Hooded Reptile posted:

Next module should be a kickstarter where you make a game in your spaceship. Kind of like game developer, but with no game play to speak of.

It would actually be pretty cool if you could create simple programs for your ship/hologlass.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Chris has stated numerous times that his employees receive lower than average salaries. Most of the people working on the game aren't there because of the money.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

Jesus, what a scumbag

Most of the RSI employees hopefully understand that working on a high profile game like Star Citizen will do wonders for their resume.

kikkelivelho fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 23, 2015

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Reminder to everyone that the Endeavor is going to be on sale next week and prices have been revealed:

- Base Endeavor (Standard Labs Attached) - $425
- Base Hope (Hospital Layout) - $450
- Base Endeavor (No Pods) - $350

450 max for the ship is a pretty good deal considering some people were expecting it to cost 600+ bucks.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Wafflz posted:

450 bucks for concept art that may or may not come out in 2 years is a good deal.

:psyduck:

Obviously the ships design can change during that time but you can just melt it if it isn't to your liking.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

lorn Wayne posted:

so here's a spreadsheet of goons who threw money at this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag42gMGK9WrwdDlkdUM2NEhudW42MkNfWDhJYmhFSVE#gid=0

im the goon who put in over $5000

Can you describe the thought process behind this decision?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

I think he has had a lot of bad opinions in the past and threatens lawsuits on the drop of dime like a huge baby, but relative to the clusterfuck that is star citizen he seems like a really smart dude

Chris Roberts created one of the most ambitious projects of our time out of scratch while Derek Smart was having nerd slap fights on twitter.

I think we all know who the smart guy here is.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

I'm old enough to remember the original Star Citizen. 20 years ago. It was called Battle Cruiser 3000AD, Chris Roberts didn't come up with this scam.

2 decades later and nothing has changed. Smart is still a moron who produces garbage games. Chris is still a visionary who's revolutionizing the space sim genre.

funny how history repeats itself.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Personally, if I was a RSI employee, I'd leak this info to an actual reputable site like Kotaku

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Now I may be an autistic retard who needs to take a mountain of pills to perform the most basic of tasks, but I still haven't lost hope.

You know why? Because Star Citizen is more than just a game. It's an concept. It's a new chance.

In Star Citizen we can all be famous explorers, successful miners or legendary pilots.

In Star Citizen.... we can all aspire to be more.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

BeefThief posted:

we should start to hear more about the features in about two weeks

Less than two weeks actually. Citizen con happens next week and is probably the biggest gaming/gamer event of the year.

What to expect:

Release of the multicrew alpha. Can't wait to fly my phoenix.

Squadron 42 trailer and release date. Mark Hamil reveal maybe?

Release of FPS (first person shooter) module and a roadmap for further development.

Lots of fun little Star Citizen products.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Also a reminder that the Endeavor is going on sale today so if you're looking to have a science/medical career in the Verse you should get em while they're hot.

400 bucks for a big ol LTI ship, modules are sold separately.

The new CCU system is also coming so there really is no risk in investing right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Why is it always about the money? Is that all you people care about?

We are on the threshold of something truly great here, and all you loser can think about are some meaningless financials.

And yeah, maybe Chris does have a cocaine habit, lots of people in Hollywood do, but do you really think that's going to make a dent into their 100 million dollar budget.

• Locked thread