Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm currently running an interplanetary hot dog business and we'll be making the franchise interstellar soon.

Star Citizen owns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

kuddles posted:

I remain completely baffled at how the same audience that incessantly whines about "greedy devs" for every DLC pack or pre-order bonus thinks giving a developer thousands of bucks for in-game items that have yet to be made is a great idea.

People who think they are smarter than others are the easiest to scam.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
:10bux: that he shoped the shutterstock watermark off.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

I think he has had a lot of bad opinions in the past and threatens lawsuits on the drop of dime like a huge baby, but relative to the clusterfuck that is star citizen he seems like a really smart dude

That's cause he can recognize his own scam and he doesn't want competition.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

Chris Roberts created one of the most ambitious projects of our time out of scratch while Derek Smart was having nerd slap fights on twitter.

I think we all know who the smart guy here is.

I'm old enough to remember the original Star Citizen. 20 years ago. It was called Battle Cruiser 3000AD, Chris Roberts didn't come up with this scam.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

2 decades later and nothing has changed. Smart is still a moron who produces garbage games. Chris is still a visionary who's revolutionizing the space sim genre.

funny how history repeats itself.

So far Chris is all vision, he and Smart both have great visions and both have delivered exactly nothing. Call me back when Star Citizen lives up to it's hype.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

Now I may be an autistic retard who needs to take a mountain of pills to perform the most basic of tasks, but I still haven't lost hope.

You know why? Because Star Citizen is more than just a game. It's an concept. It's a new chance.

In Star Citizen we can all be famous explorers, successful miners or legendary pilots.

In Star Citizen.... we can all aspire to be more.

Who scrubs the toilets in the Star City? I don't have much money but I can do a fair day's work if there's a mighty ship involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Maldoror posted:

chris roberts needs to hire a ceo

he should hire that furry squeaker youtube weirdo to be his ceo

Agree, at this stage only fur can save this project.

• Locked thread