Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I know Duro's made his share of poo poo posts in hockey threads in the past but I appreciate his input from his perspective here and I don't get why his posts are getting attacked or even summarily dismissed, especially by a moderator.

I've been loathe to post any opinion on the entire Kane situation but I guess I will need to since I'm making a post now. I think the lawyers and the professional organizations involved have both handled things poorly recently, almost to the point of farce, and I feel bad for the victim in this case no matter what the truth of the incident ends up being, since her identity is apparently now out in the open in her home area or something. I'm also troubled and even somewhat frightened by posts like "there's a high degree of likelihood that Kane's guilty" and the general "guilty until proven innocent" vibe that's become prevalent in the court of public opinion before the case has even reached trial, although I understand the reasons for feeling that way, especially when it comes to rich white dudes who often weasel out of punishment for things they turn out to be guilty of.

Basically, my hope going forward is that the legal/professional people involved in this entire debacle get their poo poo together, conduct a proper trial, and that a correct verdict is reached, whatever that ends up being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread