Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Hey friends I wrote a post on the NHL Facebook page chiding them for their terrible handling of this Kane rape accusation and would encourage you all to do the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yeah it's pretty clearly some kind of intimidation or harassment of the complainant. Not sure how daft you'd have to be to consider any other alternative.

e: Talking about the fake evidence drop with everyone's names in it, to an unpublished location.

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 24, 2015

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ElwoodCuse posted:

Also we should know by now that "well he hasn't been charged" is cop-out bullshit when it comes to sexual assault and rape

Thank you. Not sure if some of you are naive or what but it's really this simple.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fateo McMurray posted:

This is America, buddy. I'm free to form opinions on anyone I want regardless of evidence. Kane is a shitheel and I hope he gets 17 years in jail.

Aww jeez Fateo and I was getting ready for another season of Habs-Bruins shitposting rivalry.

Maybe we can be friends after all. :unsmith:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So in the interest of sorting out wtf is going on, I heard on the Buffalo news last night that the prosecutor is having a press conference this morning to discuss recent developments.

Anyone know when/where this will be streamed?

e: Prosecution presser is at 11am EST. I guess it will be on twitter because Buffalo NY doesn't yet have streaming capabilities or something.

e2: Fuckin' lol at anyone who thinks trusting the police is a rational thing to do in 2015 A.D.

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 25, 2015

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Aye Doc posted:

so far, everyone's reporting that today's presser is just for him to address the allegation of evidence tampering

Yeah I fully expect him to say something like "the evidence being used in this investigation has a clear chain of custody and has not been tampered with. We are proceeding accordingly and this other mystery bag does not affect the state's investigation." Followed by a string of "as this is an open investigation I cannot comment" to whatever questions are asked.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
e: Nevermind not contributing.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

TubeStank posted:

She said that it "it was specific to [her] & the places [she] go[es]." She's gotten a ton of vitriol directed towards her merely because she will not say that Kane is innocent. Nevermind the fact that she has never said he was guilty either.

https://twitter.com/JulieDiCaro

Meanwhile she's still breaking news on twitter.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/show/live-video/ If you're interested.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dexo posted:

Man, This Dude is pissed at those allegations.

No poo poo eh. loving video surveillance of everywhere that rape kit went. There was no bag.

... Oh poo poo, Eouannou admitted the bag came from his office after the DA tracked it down by serial number. wtf

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dexo posted:

Just the plastic bag, that he put the bag the mother gave him in. There's no problem with that.

Yeah I misunderstood that part. This whole story is bananas. And this DA is loving pissed he can't charge her.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
LMAO this prosecutor explaining how criminal law works in the most condescending way. He's just overflowing with contempt.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bregor posted:

This is really hosed up and sad if it's true. Also:

gently caress.

All he means is that he hasn't made a determination yet. He agreed it would be by some decision deadline to a reporter but I didn't hear what it was.

He does say this whole scenario certainly raises new questions.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Aye Doc posted:

the accuser was at her mother's house before she went to the hospital and changed her top. when they went to the hospital, the nurse was going to give the mother a brown paper bag to collect the top in. the police showed up and collected the shirt at some point, and did not take the paper bag. the mother is denying that she ever took possession of the brown paper bag, but the DA made it very clear he thinks she is lying about that, and now they're going to investigate the hoax about this paper bag

Prosecutor also straight up suggested that someone would do this to cast doubt on DNA evidence, for whatever purpose.

e: The mother invented the whole finding the bag story. Also calling it a rape kit. Also the attorney Eoannou is an idiot.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Jordan7hm posted:

Pretty sure this is how the RCMP actually works.

Yeah i was going to say we do poo poo like this all the time on Canada. They're called 'Mr. Big' operations.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I really wish that press conference wasn't related to a sex assault because drat it was amazing entertainment and i want to watch again.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mike Works posted:

Jesus Christ, this whole mess is the most batshit insane hockey thing ever. It just is. PRAY 4 PATRICK KANE. GOD IS REAL.

loving hell. And here I was thinking PRAY 4 PATRICK KANE was some lame joke. :psyduck:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Harlock posted:

The Pope?

I'm not catholic but if there's only one guy who doesn't need you to put in a good word with God for him....

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Duro posted:

I fear for a world where people that are simply accused of a crime get punished before anything is even remotely close to being proven. I mean, Kane wasn't even arrested man. What the hell should the NHL be punishing him over? The fact that rape is generally considered bad, and his name was loosely connected to an incident?

Now, if he had been formally arrested, I'd agree with you to a certain extent.

There are different standards for criminal courts and accountability to your employers. :ssh:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
People lose their jobs everyday for doing illegal things without charges ever being filed. Even unionized people. :ssh:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So i have a theory (with no proof) that Kane secretly paid off the family and they scuttled the investigation with the evidence bag hoax.

It explains most of their acts and behavior. The only part that doesn't fit is how people so stupid could keep the DA's office from catching on and charging them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dexo posted:

Why bother secretly paying someone off when you could legally do it admitting no fault.

Because once the police are involved in any situation, the victim cannot simply call them and say 'drop the investigation I'm not interested anymore.'

Dexo posted:

Also why would the person being paid off do something that could theoretically force themselves to face litigation of their own.

The answer to this question is money.

• Locked thread