Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I'm the Barry now!

She lured her victims with promises of cheesy seafood casseroles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

DurosKlav posted:

The Erica and Jeff plot on the Goldbergs is terrible and I wish it would just end.

Stop it already dear god end this story line. Figure out something else for Erica to do. Barry can only do so much to drag this up from rock bottom.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 27, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Zero One posted:

I like the reoccurring "other Adam Goldberg" joke.

A real life boob

I thought it was funny at first as a little nod to the real life "feud", but every episode mentioning it is getting a bit old. :(

DurosKlav posted:

Stop it already dear god end this story line. Figure out something else for Erica to do. Barry can only do so much to drag this up from rock bottom.

Yeah, it's taking away from the "inspired by a true story" motif of the show. Kind of wish I hadn't learned he never had a sister and they added her character to the show.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Barry Goldberg MD? :psyduck:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Very happy to see Tracee Ellis Ross win the Golden Globe for her role on Black-ish.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Blackish is so much better when they make their points as a sitcom and not a super preachy monologue with sad music in the background.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

It was super weird seeing some kid we'd never seen before as Adam's best friend. Not the greatest episode but at least Erica might finally be getting over that boy now? I hope?

Black-ish episode was great. The scenes with his coworkers continue to be the best.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Each bottled fart is rear end-crafted in Pueblo, CO.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

It was super weird seeing some kid we'd never seen before as Adam's best friend. Not the greatest episode but at least Erica might finally be getting over that boy now? I hope?

Black-ish episode was great. The scenes with his coworkers continue to be the best.

He was in the first season and maybe the others too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man the Goldbergs is literally my life. That mall looked like mine, the arcade just like ours, and effing Spencer Gifts was the taboo place to go.

I just am bummed at Erica stories, they're so much less meaningful since she doesn't exist. :(

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Although the way the show weaves real life events a day home movies into the stories gives it a lot of its charm I still get the most enjoyment out of the comedy. So what if Erica isn't real? It doesn't make me enjoy her stories less.

Barry as a doctor though... That scares me.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Zero One posted:

I like the reoccurring "other Adam Goldberg" joke.

Because I'm dumb its only just clicked in my head that its not just a random joke they started. Adam Goldberg really goes by Adam F Goldberg in Hollywood.

Erica story lines still terrible. I dont think its purely because she's more fictional than the rest, they just dont seem to really know what to do with her.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 23, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DurosKlav posted:

Because I'm dumb its only just clicked in my head that its not just a random joke they started. Adam Goldberg really goes by Adam F Goldberg in Hollywood.

Erica story lines still terrible. I dont think its purely because she's more fictional than the rest, they just dont seem to really know what to do with her.

He goes by that because there's a semi well known actor named Adam Goldberg, so per Hollywood rules he had to add an initial. I actually thought the show was about the other one for two seasons. I'd heard a rumour that he was annoyed everyone thought the show was about him, which is why they started running with the joke this season.

He'll always be the psycho roommate from Friends to me.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Saving Private Ryan for me.

And also The Hebrew Hammer, of course.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

DurosKlav posted:

Medullah posted:

He goes by that because there's a semi well known actor named Adam Goldberg, so per Hollywood rules he had to add an initial. I actually thought the show was about the other one for two seasons. I'd heard a rumour that he was annoyed everyone thought the show was about him, which is why they started running with the joke this season.

He'll always be the psycho roommate from Friends to me.

It's all coming together in a Karate Kid showdown!

e: Mr. Turd Smuglins

Zero One fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Mar 2, 2017

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Barry loving knocked it out of the park this week. Him in the movie theatre and then the shrinky dinks was great.

2 words. FAMILY!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Beetlejazz can't be Batmen!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Okay Goldbergs this week really screwed up. I know Adam was a Star Wars fan but "May the Fourth be With You" wasn't a popular event in the 80s.

Immersion ruined.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Goldbergs was renewed for TWO seasons. As was Modern Family.

Also ABC is working on spinoffs for both Goldbergs and Blackish. The GB one will focus on the teachers at the school and be set in the 90s. The pilot is directed by Jay Chandrasekhar (Super Troopers)!

The Blackish spinoff will star Yara Shahidi and focus on her life in college.

One or both may end up on Freeform instead of ABC.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zero One posted:

Goldbergs was renewed for TWO seasons. As was Modern Family.

Also ABC is working on spinoffs for both Goldbergs and Blackish. The GB one will focus on the teachers at the school and be set in the 90s. The pilot is directed by Jay Chandrasekhar (Super Troopers)!

The Blackish spinoff will star Yara Shahidi and focus on her life in college.

One or both may end up on Freeform instead of ABC.

Did the Goldbergs need a spin-off though? I understand the Blackish one (although if that one episode was the back-door pilot I am not impressed.)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Zero One posted:

Despite my hatred of Broken Lizard, this is quite intriguing. Not sure we need another 90s throwback alongside FOTB (unless they want to magically bring back Chris Meloni's show, which was gold), but always willing to give it a shot.

We're on what, 4th season of goldbergs now? I still lose my mind whenever something in the episode is an absolute shot for shot remake of something real. And love it when the real people are in the episode about their characters.

It also seems to be veering away from my main criticism, which was every episode was falling into the same formula of the kids pushing Beverly away only to realize they shouldn't and reconnect at the end. Too many times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

dovetaile posted:

Did the Goldbergs need a spin-off though? I understand the Blackish one (although if that one episode was the back-door pilot I am not impressed.)

Hey, if it has Charlie, I'm on board.

• Locked thread