Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

macbookcore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
"corestep" aka "clowncore" or "big mashbeat"?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

evilpicard posted:

just go into any girls clothing store

ummm I can't, uh I mean I just don't want to... oh there's an EB games I'll go there instead

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Dubstep is literally just drum and bass records on half speed.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

P-Mack posted:

I guy I worked with listened to "hard house". I thought it was the same as techno, but he explained, "house music is like, I can dance to this, I can gently caress to this. Techno is loving gay."

Yeah I'm with the other guy, hard house can be fun for a short amount of time before you simply have enough. Techno is just awful crap that doesn't go anywhere.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
what? techno owns, wtf is hard house? sounds gay as poo poo.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEooxtMJGzM

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when people thought electronic music was actually going to be good some day? And now there's that one slimy goon guy who really wants to defend it and say that it has been good and will get even better and everyone around him just goes yeah, hmm, yeah, sure, like when they have to talk to the other guy who's still religious.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
it called unistep OP

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
if it's fax machines and drum machines you're looking for, the genre is "industrial"

Perpetual Hiatus
Oct 29, 2011

You are lookimg fore Sick Beats.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/1570724-Sick-Beats

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

1999 modem

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Expensive presents from well to do parents music

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

P-Mack posted:

I guy I worked with listened to "hard house". I thought it was the same as techno, but he explained, "house music is like, I can dance to this, I can gently caress to this. Techno is loving gay."

that's ironic because house music came out of gay clubs

and if someone hates techno but likes house they probably like terrible house music cuz techno is the poo poo, and so is house, except for what loser retards in 2015 like skrillex call house

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful
Trap music is good, "drat Son, Where'd You Find This"

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The best stuff is whatever tickles the brain the most on ecstasy and the worst stuff is whatever I happen to hear the most of when I'm not on psychedelic stimulants

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
Glitch?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
loving cracks me up every time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yxlR1mi-aU

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

The Taint Reaper posted:

no like they take songs that other people already made and like give them a faster beat or whatever.

Sometimes they make their own songs with it too.

This sounds like hardcore. This hasn't really been a thing in the U.S. for a long time afaik, but still seems to be fairly popular in England and Australia. Youtube "UK Hardcore" to c/d. More specifically, check out DJs Ravine, Hixxy, Sy, and Cotts. Also, electro fits that general description.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

ashgromnies posted:

that's ironic because house music came out of gay clubs

and if someone hates techno but likes house they probably like terrible house music cuz techno is the poo poo, and so is house, except for what loser retards in 2015 like skrillex call house

It's worse, the dude's listening to HARD house which is awful turbo speed donk poo poo that chavs drive around in their little shitbox cars filled with MDF subwoofers to before parking up at McDonald's.

This isn't intended as a lesson or anything to you dude, just trying to clarify what's what for those that may not know. House is pretty much the one genre that non-dance music heads will know tracks from. Hard house is the ADHD little cousin of house and like said ADHD child, should be locked away and left to die.

House:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVzFgZkG2RA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGBhQbmPwH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUC2b-OSZ00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMfxI3r_LyA

And for someone to think hard house is amazing and think techno is gay is just the loving lollest thing ever.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

88h88 posted:

And for someone to think hard house is amazing and think techno is gay is just the loving lollest thing ever.

Most hard house tracks know they're poo poo and it gets old fast but it can be fun. Most techno is just awful. Not saying there isn't good techno at all, but it's mostly garbage that takes itself too seriously, whereas at least HH knows its dumb and bad. I hope it does anyway. I don't go out of my way to listen to either.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

88h88 posted:

He's a huge Jersey Shore guido, but I dunno if that's actually representative of common opinion down the shore.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
molly aquafina
molly aquafina
molly aquafina
molly aquafina

EL BROMANCE posted:

Most techno is just awful. Not saying there isn't good techno at all, but it's mostly garbage that takes itself too seriously,

this basically applies to any genre of music

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

EL BROMANCE posted:

Most hard house tracks know they're poo poo and it gets old fast but it can be fun. Most techno is just awful. Not saying there isn't good techno at all, but it's mostly garbage that takes itself too seriously, whereas at least HH knows its dumb and bad. I hope it does anyway. I don't go out of my way to listen to either.

Ah see, the artists more than likely know it's garbage but I don't think the fans are quite that self aware unfortunately.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone who doesn't just lump all of that artless trash into one big group and dismiss it is a piece of desiccated white dog poo poo. Once you hear someone splitting hairs about "grugrugru but house music grugrugru 'techno' grugrugrugru turntablism grugrugrugru" you can just tune them out for the rest of your life and be better off for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Sheep-Goats posted:

Anyone who doesn't just lump all of that artless trash into one big group and dismiss it is a piece of desiccated white dog poo poo. Once you hear someone splitting hairs about "grugrugru but house music grugrugru 'techno' grugrugrugru turntablism grugrugrugru" you can just tune them out for the rest of your life and be better off for it.
same, but replace house with metal and techno with rock

• Locked thread