Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leal
Oct 2, 2009

radintorov posted:

Minor nitpick: the Stinger was designed to shoot down helicopters, not armored vehicles. :eng101:

I'm a terrible history buff :saddowns:

Steak Flavored Gum posted:

In some cases you can actually load *TWO* extra shells over what you can fit in a shotgun's tube magazine via ghost loading. You load the tube up, rack the pump/bolt to the back, replace the shell that just got fed from the tube, slide the pump/bolt a little bit forward, push the shell on the elevator down, and then pop a shell into the chamber. Viola, +2!

So not only is it possible, but Kojima didn't program it in. I expected better from the guy who programmed melting ice :colbert:

Deadmeat5150 posted:

You got me to buy this game and i have been addicted to it ever since. DDog is absolutely the best. He is a Good Boy :3:

I haven't played Metal Gear game since MG Solid 2, so thankyou for introducing me to this masterpiece.

Glad to see I had this effect on someone! I rarely buy games on release day lately (Last time I did, I got Watch_Dogs. Never again) but this was an exception and I don't regret it.

I've got the second half of the codecs uploaded as well as a re-cut of video 6 with audio tweaking, they'll be up in a few hours after processing is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Chapter 6 Reup

Cassettes 2

Let me know if the voice problem is better. Also this will be the last cassette dedicated video, now that I don't have a huge bulk of cassettes saved up I'll just play acquired tapes in between traveling in the missions.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
DD coming over to lick your face feels way more terrifying when it's drenched in human blood.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Air is lava! posted:

DD coming over to lick your face feels way more terrifying when it's drenched in human blood.

Thats how you train yourself a war hound, first you just let him have a little taste of human blood, then he starts craving it.

I have the next video already edited (gonna be another long one at 40 mintues), I just need to commentate on it. Again, I apologize for the delay between updates. I never realized how hard it would be to schedule doing an LP when you got a fulltime job :sludgepal:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:siren: Chapter 7 :siren:

Today we rescue a few prisoners, find battlefield applications of horse poop and a literal mic drop. I tried amplifying audio this video, let me know how audible I am now.

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
Audio levels sound good to me. Thanks for keeping these coming

JEBOman
Dec 27, 2009
I'm enjoying the LP and am glad it's still going. Thank you.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Me too. I am absolutely rear end at MGS games but I want to know how their crazy dumb story ends.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sindai posted:

Me too. I am absolutely rear end at MGS games but I want to know how their crazy dumb story ends.

With Kojima's eventual suicide as the only way to stop making them.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I am at a point in the where I have to wait for you because I am at a complete loss as to how tonproceed. So hurry your rear end up to mission 45!!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Bruceski posted:

I thought Konami kicked Kojima out. Does he actually own the IP?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sindai posted:

I don't know. Last I heard he was trying to do other stuff but they kept dragging him back for more MGS games.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bruceski posted:

I asked for no spoilers :(

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I am at a point in the where I have to wait for you because I am at a complete loss as to how tonproceed. So hurry your rear end up to mission 45!!

hahaha... :sweatdrop:

I purchased a proper video editing software so I can finally stop using movie maker. Not only can I do some more fancy editing but the program wont eat up my clips during editing. Nothing like editing in the optional objectives just to see 5~10 minutes of clips was garbled and I have to reimport the clips and try fixing it. So a proper program plus a promotion to a position where I'm not stressed out after work should get me to my planned 2 vids a week schedule.

Sindai posted:

Yeah, Konami owns the IP, as well as Fox Engine. Honestly that last part is a drat shame, this game runs like a dream and now the engine is going to collect dust in a company that decided nuts to video games and will instead focus on pachinko machines.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
Regarding slamming guards to the ground: If they're in a place you're okay with them laying, you can kick them while they're on the ground and hold them up as they start to get up; this functions like the "Get down" command, in that they remain neutralized until an alert goes off or they get found and told to get up. Alternately pick them up, stash them, and do that. Assuming, of course, they're not someone you care about fultoning. [bloody D-rank everythings]

Been enjoying the LP, though.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Now, why did Snake stink so bad at the end of the video?

E: The Ocelot spiel in the beginning was fantastic.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Now, why did Snake stink so bad at the end of the video?

If you spent X amount of time in the field without returning to base and/or taking a shower in one of the shower units, you start to stink. If it gets bad enough, enemy soldiers will notice as well and wonder what that horrible smell is.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Without saying to much, that mission really suicks and took me like 10 tries. Try using the night vision gear. That helped me at least.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

kaosdrachen posted:

If you spent X amount of time in the field without returning to base and/or taking a shower in one of the shower units, you start to stink. If it gets bad enough, enemy soldiers will notice as well and wonder what that horrible smell is.

Extreme use of hiding in dumpsters also makes Snake stink :v:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Leal posted:

Yeah, Konami owns the IP, as well as Fox Engine. Honestly that last part is a drat shame, this game runs like a dream and now the engine is going to collect dust in a company that decided nuts to video games and will instead focus on pachinko machines.
If they're smart they'll sell off the rights to the engine at least.

They aren't though.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:siren:Chapter 8:siren:

Holy poo poo 2 videos in a week :v: I'm using new editing software, let me know if its an improvement! Also I'm trying some more things with my commentary audio, let me know if it works out better!

Leal fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 2, 2016

skullhead tethyis
Dec 30, 2015
"see you guys all next time... guys all next time...guys all next time"
you editing software may have a few bugs, otherwise nice job

oh and congratulations on the promotion, its clearly paying dividends

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Some of the prisoners speak Pashto I believe. It's mostly for extra story dialogue.

Also the radar could be destroyed by guns. Just apply enough bullets to the radar part and not the trailer.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

skullhead tethyis posted:

"see you guys all next time... guys all next time...guys all next time"
you editing software may have a few bugs, otherwise nice job

oh and congratulations on the promotion, its clearly paying dividends

It's like I'm commentating on nothing at all, nothing at all...

I'm not sure why, but Elements did that repeat when I imported the audio. I'll keep an eye on that in the future

Danann posted:

Some of the prisoners speak Pashto I believe. It's mostly for extra story dialogue.

Ah, would Malak be one of the guys who spoke Pashto? I'll go back to hear what he says.

Da_Higg
Oct 15, 2012
I just love how this game lets you indulge in video game kleptomania and steal IFVs. Please tell me you can fulton tanks as well

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Da_Higg posted:

I just love how this game lets you indulge in video game kleptomania and steal IFVs. Please tell me you can fulton tanks as well

Eventually, Yes.

Though not if they have a Parking Boot on them :argh:

Which to be fair, only happens in a few "We put out a ton of parked vehicles as set dressing." mission situations. But still doesn't make it any less irritating you can't steal an entire parking lot's worth of defenseless military hardware.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Apr 3, 2016

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Da_Higg posted:

You'll love the next video!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Alright, so this game seems real Peace Walker so far. Relatively brief missions in open-ended areas, Fultoning people to add to your ocean clubhouse, base-building mechanics, the works. We haven't even been introduced to the freakshow bosses yet!

I guess what I'm saying is, When is the poo poo going to hit the fan? Are we still in the Tanker chapter (if you see what I mean)?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Itll ramp up to 11 real fast

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
One thing I've found by accident is that you can speed up the lockpicking process by mashing the Use key, even if it doesn't make much sense. :pseudo:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

At least there's no lockpicking minigame.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Ah MGS V I have such a little love/hate relationship with this game. Can't go into why just yet but will save it for later. One thing that bugs me about this game is trying to remember the keys for the PC you'd think going into the control setting would tell you but no it only lets you change the control scheme for the gamepad if you are using one. You got to go into the remapping option to find all the keys which is a little more annoying.

Oh and if going CQC on guys be careful where you fight them if you want to capture them/leave them alive. I tried to knock out a guard after he heard me sneaking up on him but in the fight I punched him out and he fell into some barbed wire fence, I brought out my scanner device to see his stats and they wouldn't show anything...then I saw the expanding pool of blood behind his head. Whoops.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:siren: Chapter 9 :siren:

Today we learn balloons > armored vehicles

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

At least there's no lockpicking minigame.

And thank god for that, in Fallout 3+ and Oblivion/Skyrim I got fed up with those minigames.

koolkevz666 posted:

Oh and if going CQC on guys be careful where you fight them if you want to capture them/leave them alive. I tried to knock out a guard after he heard me sneaking up on him but in the fight I punched him out and he fell into some barbed wire fence, I brought out my scanner device to see his stats and they wouldn't show anything...then I saw the expanding pool of blood behind his head. Whoops.

I didn't know that they could die by hitting razor wire! I'm sure that counts as a kill against you if you were trying to not kill. I like that it puts the responsibility on you.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

If any of you were wondering where the patented Kojima Crazy had gone, here is where it starts back up. Hoo, boy.

Are you going to do any videos for Ground Zeroes, or are we just assuming everyone is familiar with the plot of the prequel?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Did you ever noticed you missed some diamonds on the medical strut when you were editing the footage?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

And I was just wondering how long it'd take before this became a Metal Gear game again.

PS: THE DOG HAS AN EYEPATCH YES

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Danann posted:

Did you ever noticed you missed some diamonds on the medical strut when you were editing the footage?

:blush: I didn't actually. I plan on having a Mother Base bonus video to explain what goes on at home.

RickVoid posted:

Are you going to do any videos for Ground Zeroes, or are we just assuming everyone is familiar with the plot of the prequel?

Maybe

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:siren: Flashback (Ground Zeroes) :siren:

I swore this flashback was a lot shorter...

RickVoid posted:

Yes

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I really need to learn to ask just one question, instead of a two-part question. :rant:

EDIT: Glad I started the video now, you actually answered the question I wanted you to answer. Hooray!

RickVoid fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 8, 2016

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Is it too early to thank you for not pointing out the, er, noises, Paz makes when we carry her around?

Because Thank You.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
Morpho is so much better than Pequod. Why you're stuck with a Blackhawk-alike in TPP when you had a Hind-alike, which is pretty much better in every way for what Boss uses it, in GZ is something I'll never understand.

• Locked thread