Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I was hoping his next story was out (shut up, the forgotten COG base story was really fun) but the dudes SA accounts have been inactive all year and he pulled his published novel down off of everywhere.

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
he's makin up poo poo in heaven

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

i don't know

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

huskarl_marx posted:

he's makin up poo poo in heaven

Least his text walls won't be wrecking up threads here. There's never gonna be a good ghost thread again but he was big in the later lovely ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Least his text walls won't be wrecking up threads here. There's never gonna be a good ghost thread again but he was big in the later lovely ones

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
he crawled all the way up his own rear end

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm here to tell people I'm gay and talk about cuckolding not read loving 10,000 word posts, more like 50ft post, gently caress

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

remember that big post of his saying that retail workers are scum when he cut his teeth bragging to GBS about how badass he was walking the aisles of his grocery store like some sort of modern day samurai, dispensing wisdom and proper change??

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
seriously though he probably posts in fyad now with all the other failed writers

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
yea i legit boned out of those threads when he started taking them over and ghost story threads are usually my favorite.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Exactly goddamn. That style was part of GBS becoming bad imo. Still could be better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
i didn't come back to SA until it was a dying husk, i'm guessing he was around when this place was more lively? :shrug:

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
ghost story threads turned into creepy pasta and gave us all manner of weird things (scp video game, slenderman murders, welcome to night vale podcast, tour and book) now its all on reddit, they have subreddits dedicated to storytelling with logical rules to maintain immersion, and i bet there are plenty of creepy podcasts with lots of content like Night Vale

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Kuato posted:

i didn't come back to SA until it was a dying husk, i'm guessing he was around when this place was more lively? :shrug:

He was popular during The Troubles here....

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
hopefully that ghost he saw outside of his sliding glass door got inside and brutally murdered and devoured him

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
I fuckin hope so OP!!

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
He incorrectly answered some "stolen valour" questions while wearing a mismatch of Air Force and Army medals on his home-made BDU while in line at the liquor store and has retreated to his basement in shame.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Capntastic posted:

remember that big post of his saying that retail workers are scum when he cut his teeth bragging to GBS about how badass he was walking the aisles of his grocery store like some sort of modern day samurai, dispensing wisdom and proper change??

no

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
but i wish i did. sounds like an entertaining post to have read

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
His ghost stories were way to long and terrible.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

drilldo squirt posted:

His ghost stories were way to long and terrible.

much like my dick

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
he got ptsd from watching an airplane crash. poor guy

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

huskarl_marx posted:

yea i legit boned out of those threads when he started taking them over and ghost story threads are usually my favorite.

this

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Who was the dude who worked in the hotel/motel with the nice old black guy who lived there and one day the black guy was gone so he went in the room and there was a poo poo dildo duct taped to mattress springs and poo poo everywhere and giant bags full of, I don't remember, probably poo poo.

And he hosed a crack-head hooker after smoking crack possibly but couldn't get hard.

Padical
Nov 29, 2004
I think he's just taking some time to perfect his bad-rear end fatherly advice flashback sequences. He needs to really hone the tone of earthly wisdom and hard military reality as told by a grizzled by caring military-dad.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I don't remember the name but some guy made up a bunch of stories about working in a motel. He went crazy after becoming gbs famous though.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Who was the guy who was sharing an apartment with some guy he didnt like then the guy started making GBS threads in things like pans and hanging plants and ottomans then the goon guy walled his own room off and made an RC car opening device for the screen door so only he could get in then the cops had to raid the apartment because it had just become a poo poo cave or something.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Acid Haze posted:

Who was the guy who was sharing an apartment with some guy he didnt like then the guy started making GBS threads in things like pans and hanging plants and ottomans then the goon guy walled his own room off and made an RC car opening device for the screen door so only he could get in then the cops had to raid the apartment because it had just become a poo poo cave or something.

Your leaving out the best parts, the poo poo lasagna bathtub complete with saxophonist, and the house trained tarantula.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Acid Haze posted:

Who was the dude who worked in the hotel/motel with the nice old black guy who lived there and one day the black guy was gone so he went in the room and there was a poo poo dildo duct taped to mattress springs and poo poo everywhere and giant bags full of, I don't remember, probably poo poo.

And he hosed a crack-head hooker after smoking crack possibly but couldn't get hard.

Joeyvapes

I remember that his stories were really fake and poorly written, even by the standards of other GBS superstars

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Horniest Manticore posted:

seriously though he probably posts in fyad now with all the other failed writers

hey now, ingwit rules

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

OMFG FURRY posted:

hey now, ingwit rules

you need to read more

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Acid Haze posted:

This thread is straight up the reason I dropped :10bux: to waste my life here. :allears:

While we're at it, wasn't there a goon who suffered a lifetime of horrific dental malpractice until he was left with only four posts in his mouth for dentures?

Rime fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 24, 2015

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm 50 foot ant.

Let regale you of stories about loving my hot wife with my huge army dick and make fun of fat people at gaming store

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I hope not he is one of my favorite people

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Waroduce posted:

I hope not he is one of my favorite people

in that case i hope he perished in a painful way

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

ya one of his ghost stories involved graphic anal sex, for serious. it was the abandoned cog base one.

Acid Haze posted:

this is a good theory, keep it coming

Acid Haze posted:

i want whatever you're on

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

He probably went to reddit, he's probably trading stories for free pizza there.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

huskarl_marx posted:

ghost story threads turned into creepy pasta and gave us all manner of weird things (scp video game, slenderman murders, welcome to night vale podcast, tour and book) now its all on reddit, they have subreddits dedicated to storytelling with logical rules to maintain immersion, and i bet there are plenty of creepy podcasts with lots of content like Night Vale

I've been to r/creepypasta and it was all extremely bad, as was the dedicated creepypasta website

I think the ghost story has just become a lost art in general

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
50fa was interesting at first but as others have said the stories got too long and he got too crazy, RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
mistah ant, he dead

• Locked thread