Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Seriously I don't think North Coast Brewing makes a beer that's ever less than really loving good.

It's basically the perfect thing to wave in the faces of assholes who think only Septuple-Hopped Grapefruit IPAs that actually just taste loving awful are worth drinking.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Sep 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Haha personal opinions, what a great thread mark

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
is there a pumpkin spice beer?

i mean i think beer is for lightweight scrubs but i still wonder...

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
Dude it's been like 5 years since the IPA craze died. The hot things right now are saisons, sessions, and sours. And Victory Prima Pils is the superior Pilsner.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Haha 5 years? More like 1-1.5 years.

And yeah, Sessions are in vogue right now, Millenials trying to role-play working class of yesteryear instead of the barista sommelier jean folders they are today

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
Or maybe beer tastes good, people like variety, and market trends are a thing. That is also a possibility you should consider.

And more seriously it costs a lot less money and takes less time to brew a 4% beer than an 8% beer so that motivation for the breweries combined with a market backlash against the prior trend towards extreme high gravity stuff is driving the session trend.

RolandTower fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Sep 24, 2015

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Maybe porters will be hip some day so I can actually get one in a restaurant.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
It's no Busch

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Busch is OK for what it is.

The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

:poland: :poland: :poland:
Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

:poland: :poland: :poland:
It's all seasonal. Session IPAs, saisons, craft lagers, and malt drinks like Mike's and Smirnoff are big in spring and summer. Stouts, porters, and double/triple belgians/IPAs are big in winter. Seasonal brews tend to be popular during their respective seasons (for example shandies and grapefruit in the summer, pumpkin in the fall). IPAs are popular year round. Macrobrew lagers like your buds, coors etc are still the biggest individual sellers, always.

Fruitier/lighter is bigger in summer- same with liquors (flavored vodkas and whiskies) and with wine (sauvignon blanc is huge in summer)

Work in a liquor store, you learn all this poo poo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

RolandTower posted:

Or maybe beer tastes good, people like variety, and market trends are a thing. That is also a possibility you should consider.

I refuse. I am superior and see through the foolishness of weak-minded millenials and their sheep-like trends. I am the one genuine person left. im a real person. im a real person. im

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

The Blue Pyramid posted:

It's all seasonal. Session IPAs, saisons, craft lagers, and malt drinks like Mike's and Smirnoff are big in spring and summer. Stouts, porters, and double/triple belgians/IPAs are big in winter. Seasonal brews tend to be popular during their respective seasons (for example shandies and grapefruit in the summer, pumpkin in the fall). IPAs are popular year round. Macrobrew lagers like your buds, coors etc are still the biggest individual sellers, always.

Fruitier/lighter is bigger in summer- same with liquors (flavored vodkas and whiskies) and with wine (sauvignon blanc is huge in summer)

Work in a liquor store, you learn all this poo poo

The ciderreich can gently caress right off though. They are now taking half of the taps in every boozer.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lagunitas Czech Pils is pretty good too, op

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I bought a Laguintas or however it is spelled -- the one with the dog. A pilsner!
I poured it in a glass and everything. It was fizzy and tasted like cigarettes.
Listen, I like the brand, but it was nasty. I'm a lush and poured it down the drain, so...

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

Lagunitas Czech Pils is pretty good too, op

whoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i gave no idea what you dweebs are tslking about but i used to have a friend who worked at cap ale and introduced me to scrimshsaw amd it was super duper good. signed, a cute bug in a rug

• Locked thread