Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I've been thinking of running a game with a cult at some point, and these posts have me worried people won't enjoy it because of the cult existing. I've been trying to think of ways to counter that, and I'm thinking of maybe an even night mason recruiter who kills cultists if he attempts to recruit them. Maybe have masons as being un-cultable too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Would anyone be interested in examining a setup for World of Warcraft mafia?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Someone Awful! posted:

I've only been lurking mafia games since like...... since I registered so I guess it's about time!!! plus sirsam would be disappointed and he's a cool dude.

Will look at eccogame tomorrow!

Good, now we'll get to play together in eccogame. :getin:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

World of Warcraft, a closed-setup role moderate game for 16 players is now accepting signups.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745537

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So I'm running a game and I discovered one of the players doesn't have PMs. Should I get another means of contact and work around it, or just replace them?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I would sign up because I'm out of my games, but I've seen the doc. :(

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Looking for replacements for WoWfia. It's late enough that I'd really rather not modkill people.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

World of Warcraft Mafia has ended with a Town Victory.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Looking for someone to review a setup for balance reasons. It will be a semi-CYOR game with Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup flavour.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The setup Lumpen used for slack mafia 2 was solid and fun. I think he posted it earlier in the thread and called it the nailbiter.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup, a CYOR game for 14 players is open.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

A player would like to replace out in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soupfia.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Dungeon Crawl Mafia has ended in a scum victory.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh hey I didn't post this here

Binding of Isaac Mafia is open and needs two players before I can start it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Binding of Isaac Mafia currently needs two replacements.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Binding of Isaac Mafia has ended in a Scum/Survivor victory.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I did a role madness with a 4:10 scum:town balance, and I feel that it worked out pretty well. Was a very close game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Epsilon Plus posted:

Yeah I'm holding off on my Mega Man game until Ecco's soldiers game wraps up.

Same with my Undertale game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Will this madness ever end

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Joe Mafia still needs five players, come be part of some random kid's psyche and also call people scum

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Birdstrike posted:

Asphyxious (the best mod) is seeking players for a 25-player Transformers: The Movie game.

It's going to be great.

I saw you were the last poster in this thread and thought Archerfia 3 was starting :smith:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Asked this in the main thread, asking here too. Does this game look playable?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ThSl5N9hZ__GeIkllLh7asCcyuphYVThqqhbLiyM5MQ/edit?usp=sharing

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Flying Leatherman posted:

I mean, I'd play it.

This should not be taken as an endorsement of the game itself, I know nothing about Mafia design, but I think it would be Fun and that is what is important right?

That's what I'm aiming for. I'm just wondering whether the gimmick of death millers is more fun than frustrating? I think it looks fun, but as the creator I am biased.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Add a few more VT and another goon maybe? And another death miller.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

EccoRaven posted:

tell the death millers they're VT. :hehe:

Well the idea was to append the Death Miller to the role PM of a few random town players, power roles as well as vanilla. Do you think that setup would work better if I didn't tell the people who get the Death Miller addendum that they have it?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

There's also the fact that there's only one actual goon. Two if I expand the numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Monathin posted:

Is anyone planning on running anything after DBZ/Metal Gear Mafia have concluded? I find myself in the enviable position of a 9-to-5 holiday weekday job in-between editing (and helping host) a friend's podcast, and would love to get back into Mafia after my like, ssssingle attempt more than a year ago.

I'm fine tuning a Hollow Knight mafia but that might take a while because ugh writing role PMs.