Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Balance for everything being double. Consider each pair as a single entity as far as determining game length. That is, make it a 26 player game if you were going to make a standard 13 player game. Otherwise it'll be over quick. eg. 14 Day 1, 10 Day 2, 6 Day 3. Used 14 because of even-ness. Scum could win after 2 mis-executes, with a 3 person scum team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

No Victory Buddies Asiina.

Hmm,

4 no scum pairs, 3 1 scum pairs. If you mis-execute, you're 2/3. then if you do execute you're 1/2, then 0/1 and scum win. It's D1 LYLO with 14 players.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What's another informed minority/uninformed minority game that isn't mafia or resistance? Or a different win/loss mechanic to either. Cult games are technically different but not what i'm looking for.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

How do you work that for pbp?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Asiina posted:

Yeah, not talking about victory buddies,

Yeah, meant PMom.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Okay, so I have thinking about mixing Mafia, resistance and one other thing, so there's regular mafia executions and nightkills, wins by elimination of opposing team or majority. Then there are day events where a team is selected and you win by having more event victories. Then theres the third which I haven't figured out.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Strip Mafia

Team with the most clothes on wins.

Nah I need some sort of active mechanic that works around voting or selection of some kind. I was thinking just having it as two uninformed teams that are50/50 and the one with the most left at the end wins, but that's basically random since no one has information.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

I wonder if the rapidly-spiraling need for replacements in nearly every game is something where we should just start turning down all requests and then modkilling people for not posting. Games don't fill up, then by the time they do, people's schedules are hosed, so they need to replace out...I dunno. I'm just spitballing.

I do think we don't modkill enough, though. I took some time last night, in preparation for setting up my next game, to retroactively do a moddoc for the first game I ever ran, which ended up being slightly more difficult than expected, since I deleted most of the PMs from that game. In that game, I had a player who just up and vanished come day three. They got sacked at nightfall and the game continued just fine. What really almost derailed it was Christmas.

Unrelated, I saw Lindsey, Stevie and Christine last night.
Related, Hal I can't believe you killed me.

Edit: Also I agree. Just modkill relentlessly and shorten deadlines to promote activity.

Amoeba102 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 22, 2015

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What's wrong with you wren?

He's talking about One Night Ultimate werewolf if you don't get the acronymn, if you aren't familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Personally you'd probably go with something like chaoslord suggested in the board game thread. F11 and adding in either another villager or a third party survivor. Roleblocker/Mafia/Cop/Doc/Town/Town/Town/Town/Town/Survivor would be a fine setup - The roles are fairly basic and should be picked up easily by your players. The survivor will be strategically different but shouldn't cause too many issues.