Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.
I love all you hypocrites, "drug testing is bad! well except for those operating heavy machinery."

gently caress each and every one of you.

Also, LSD doesn't show on a drug test. Take that how you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Says the truckdriver on speed.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

I have no problem with testing for drugs but I have a problem with marijuana being classified as a drug.

This i can get behind.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I'm glad they drug test because clearly Jastiger is mad loving high because he loves the Midwest

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I've seen Marijuana once at a wutang clan and cypress hill concert. Smelled like a funny cigarette. Does it make the concert better?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
It makes life better.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I saw cypress hill once and they brought people on stage to smoke from a 7 foot bong. Good concert.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

a bone to pick posted:

I have no problem with testing for drugs but I have a problem with marijuana being classified as a drug.

What else would you call a loving mind altering substance that can alter your senses, make you hallucinate/see, hear or feel things, sedate you and cause anxiety and paranoia or seriously gently caress up your head?

It's a loving DRUG and you Americans are retarded for legalizing it. Its gonna be so funny when most of weed smokers develop psychotic illnesses from smoking.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Says the truckdriver on speed.

I wish I was on high speed chickenfeed.

So I can work 140 hours a week. Oh wait, that's already legal in CA or for FEMA.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Tramadol Junkie posted:

What else would you call a loving mind altering substance that can alter your senses, make you hallucinate/see, hear or feel things, sedate you and cause anxiety and paranoia or seriously gently caress up your head?

It's a loving DRUG and you Americans are retarded for legalizing it. Its gonna be so funny when most of weed smokers develop psychotic illnesses from smoking.

Caffeine?

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

What about caffeine? I drink like 8 coffees and 2 energy drinks a day and I am fine.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
Hmm yes you've given me much to muse about *chugs litre of vodka*

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar posted:

On my jobsite, if you screw up no matter how minor or look at the safety guys the wrong way they will kick you off the jobsite and you have to do a piss test to get back on the job. You see being an idiot must mean you are on drugs.

I had to take two drug tests in one day because my partner on an ambulance knocked someone's mirror off while driving (what if you switched who was driving?!?!?) and because a manger made a clerical error with the handover of narcotics that also only involved my partner (everyone involved needs to piss clean!!!!!!!). I assume the second one was in case I had pulled over and done some thick hits on my meth pipe in the few hours since the first one.

I also love it when people go "oh well for that job it's probably understandable" when talking about a trucker or a backhoe operator and then defend their own right to get blazed daily as a civil engineer or business owner responsible for dozens of people's jobs or a professor for whom 40 students effectively each pay about 100/hour to attend the lectures of or whatever.

raton fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 24, 2015

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
what kind of weed are you smoking that makes you hallucinate

I want some

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Tramadol Junkie posted:

What about caffeine? I drink like 8 coffees and 2 energy drinks a day and I am fine.

It does all the things you mentioned weed doing and yet is totally unregulated and its use often encouraged. Oh and you can actually OD on it too.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Tramadol Junkie posted:

uhhh yeah, if you're hallucinating from weed then there's either a problem with you or a problem with the weed, and no you don't "hear or feel" things when you smoke weed. you just highlighted the biggest problem with marijuana prohibition, there's so much misinformation spread by the media and hollywood that gullible, mindless retards like yourself end up believing weed is some super powerful psychotic.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Its mainly about marijuana and the classist overtones it implies.

Execs do coke off of some whores rear end. Thats OK, just be in the office on time MOnday and give us the presentation.

Execs assistant smoked a doobie last week, OMG we are so disappointed in you, black listed.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Drug testing is stupid.

If you show up inebriated and unable to do your job then that's one thing but just blanket testing everyone is retarded.

ALSO, it's monstrous that worker's comp requires a drug test. Oh, your negligence resulted in my injury but because I smoked a weed a week ago I get no compensation. Thanks, great.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

It does all the things you mentioned weed doing and yet is totally unregulated and its use often encouraged. Oh and you can actually OD on it too.

lol OD... sure :tinfoil:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tramadol Junkie posted:

lol OD... sure :tinfoil:

On caffeine? Hell yeah you can.

I had a friend order caffeine powder off the internet a few years ago and rail a fat line. He sat in a corner at the rave shaking for about 3-4 hours.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

On caffeine? Hell yeah you can.

I had a friend order caffeine powder off the internet a few years ago and rail a fat line. He sat in a corner at the rave shaking for about 3-4 hours.

I've had friends with a lot of flaws but come on man...

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

a bone to pick posted:

uhhh yeah, if you're hallucinating from weed then there's either a problem with you or a problem with the weed, and no you don't "hear or feel" things when you smoke weed. you just highlighted the biggest problem with marijuana prohibition, there's so much misinformation spread by the media and hollywood that gullible, mindless retards like yourself end up believing weed is some super powerful psychotic.

:bravo2:

Obviously you are a drug addict trying to justify your use of a drug... Jog on druggie human being.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

I've had friends with a lot of flaws but come on man...

Yeah you meet some characters in the EDM scene.

To be fair he said 'wow that was loving retarded' and never did it again. I think he just underestimated the strength of caffeine.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Take home kits to test your urine saved me from getting fired by a job. I lost pay for about two weeks, though.

It is pointless, because a satisfied person is a good employee. Even it if it takes a joint in the parking lot to make it happen.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
Pot's not a drug, it just makes sobriety tolerable.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

Zeluth posted:

Take home kits to test your urine saved me from getting fired by a job. I lost pay for about two weeks, though.

It is pointless, because a satisfied person is a good employee. Even it if it takes a joint in the parking lot to make it happen.

The take home test from dollar tree?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
while there is no test, gambling addiction is also asked about. for a lot of the same reasons really - blackmail opportunity, theft of company $, etc

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Edgar posted:

The take home test from dollar tree?

I passed the official test. Talking to HR guy was just hustling because I was "away".

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zeluth posted:

see this kind of job (burger flipper) its stupid to drug test. who cares if your high making my fries

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Darth123123 posted:

while there is no test, gambling addiction is also asked about. for a lot of the same reasons really - blackmail opportunity, theft of company $, etc

how would that even work/what would be the point?

"do you have a gambling problem?"

"no"

"ok then"

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

lorn Wayne posted:

"no"

"ok then"

"$5 says i dont"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

lorn Wayne posted:

"no"

"ok then"

that's exactly it, at least on the federal forms. they at least have caught you with a lie when poo poo hits the fan and they can claim they didn't know

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Jastiger posted:

Same with demanding social media account access. Thats some loving fascist poo poo right there. I've never encountered that before, but that'd RIDICULOUS.

Wait is this a thing? Couldn't you just say that you don't have a facebook account or something

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
It's dumb and stupid an irrelevant. If I'm sober at work and do my job well, it shouldn't loving matter what I do on my own time.

(Ps I am a drugs criminal put me in jail asap)

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Whiskey Sours posted:

Pot's not a drug, it just makes sobriety tolerable.

Thank God I live in a civilized country where pot is totally illegal and we have drugalizers to test you dangerous pot smoking drivers.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

drug tests would actually be pretty useful if you're in the drug overlord business. making sure your dealers aren't getting high off their supply etc.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

lorn Wayne posted:

drug tests would actually be pretty useful if you're in the drug overlord business. making sure your dealers aren't getting high off their supply etc.

if they're getting high off their own supply that just means you don't have to pay them in cash, win-win imo

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

lorn Wayne posted:

Zoness posted:

if they're getting high off their own supply that just means you don't have to pay them in cash, win-win imo

You two don't know how drug dealing works, do you?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

It's because now insurance companies give better rates to companies that drug test, and it may be required to get subsidies from various state/federal programs. Also even if you don't normally get drug tested and you have a work accident that was not drug related they can still drug test you and use the test as basis to deny 100% of your comp, a solid business maneuver that will save lots of money!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Because I don't care if he's dead, it's still important to me to know if Steve Jobs is on the smack.

• Locked thread