Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Isaac posted:

Okay hotshot whats this theb

thats a dog you idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DirtyMick posted:

It's also a good place to go if you're feeling sad, particularly TwoXChromosomes.

PersonalFinance and LegalAdvice are also great

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
For those who want some good old GBS 1.0 schadenfreude nostalgia, check out "I live in the library and you can too"

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743191

- Goon is homeless and lives in his car
- Goon has to go to the hospital due to explosive diarrhea
- Goon can't figure out how to donate plasma, get EBT, get unemployment, collect cans, get a Paypal to collect goon volunteered donations, or beg for money
- Any doubting of his story is drowned out by goons giving horrible "helpful" advice
- Goon reveals he has cats, staying with a friend, that said friend is about to throw out on the street
- Other goon offers to watch the cats
- Goon declines, saying he doesn't want to put other goon out
- FINALLY the attitude of the well-wishers and potential donors begins to change from naïve sympathy to well-deserved vitriol

That's where we are right now.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Drunk Nerds posted:

For those who want some good old GBS 1.0 schadenfreude nostalgia, check out "I live in the library and you can too"

- Goon can't figure out how to donate plasma, get EBT, get unemployment, collect cans, get a Paypal to collect goon volunteered donations, or beg for money
- Any doubting of his story is drowned out by goons giving horrible "helpful" advice
- Goon reveals he has cats, staying with a friend, that said friend is about to throw out on the street
- FINALLY the attitude of the well-wishers and potential donors begins to change from naïve sympathy to well-deserved vitriol

drat, that is classic.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Drunk Nerds posted:

I don't know, aside from the poop volcano part this thread is more sad than funny even by GBS 1.0 sadsack standards

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Describing your bowel movements with pages of text has been missing from gbs too long

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I knew what was up once he started to describe the urge to poo poo his pants, but new goons wouldn't have picked up on that

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jukeboxblues posted:

I met someone who had an anime budget that he would spend on figurines and poo poo and he was the most insufferable person I have ever met. You can usually notice them by how they speak. If they sound like they are just reciting facts or talking like they are a wiki just walk away and make a point to never engage them in conversation.

one of my best friends had an anime budget that he would spend on figurines and poo poo when he was a grown-rear end adult but he was super chill and never brought it up unless you brought it up first. actually i'm pretty sure everyone who met him thought he was just constantly blazed as gently caress, he was just all-around likeable and pleasant and not confrontational at all

but then he died so tldr anime will kill you

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

best out-of-SA thing i ever read was on a forum for "digital gangsters" ie white kids who do a shitload of drugs and make money phishing/spamming/etc

some dude who was high on something or other all the time thought his neighbor was spying on him because he had an animatronic owl which would periodically move its head in his backyard (they apparently use them to scare away rodents)

anyway he stole it and checked it out and there were no cameras in it, so he does the next best thing and sends it via mail to some other dude on the forums who continues the process and so on over several months during which the owl does a world tour documented with timestamped pics

quite amazing to see people who would unironically smoke crack and post about stealing poo poo from their parents to hock pull it off

that forum had a ton of amazing stories but i forgot my account login and its private now so rip. also this was like 7-8 years ago so who knows if it even still exists

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

EugeneJ posted:

Yeah I knew what was up once he started to describe the urge to poo poo his pants, but new goons wouldn't have picked up on that

Are you suggesting the library goon is kidding us?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Its spring theres baby animals everywhere

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cuckoo posted:

I don't know, aside from the poop volcano part this thread is more sad than funny even by GBS 1.0 sadsack standards

The goon advice is gold too. Homeless OP used to be a full-time gambler, and there are actual people posting "hope you can get back on your feet soon so you can get back to [gambling]"

smdh. At least some goon drove 6 hours one-way to adopt his cats.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Remember that it goon who after a few sessions of starting strength at the gym and some supplements thought he was feeling his gains but it was actually a stroke?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Isaac posted:

Remember also when gbs 1 convinced that guy it was a good idea to blow up his neighbors cable unit but burnt some other persons house down by accident

From the first page, but what did he actually do? I remember the story, but not the details.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Isaac posted:

Remember that it goon who after a few sessions of starting strength at the gym and some supplements thought he was feeling his gains but it was actually a stroke?

no but lol

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

lmao

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Batterypowered7 posted:

From the first page, but what did he actually do? I remember the story, but not the details.

He took an RF adapter from a Sega genesis and spliced the coax cable part with an electrical plug so in theory when his neighbor tried to steal his cable it would gently caress up his TV/kill him.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

the carb thread was cool, where one dude almost killed his dog and another guy in his 20s had the cholesterol levels of an 80 year-old competitive steak eater

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Arian_Samurai posted:

He took an RF adapter from a Sega genesis and spliced the coax cable part with an electrical plug so in theory when his neighbor tried to steal his cable it would gently caress up his TV/kill him.

I think he ended up setting his neighbors house on fire.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

the carb thread was cool, where one dude almost killed his dog and another guy in his 20s had the cholesterol levels of an 80 year-old competitive steak eater

i thought the dog died though

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
iirc yes his dog died because he fed it a bunch of... dairy?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

I think he ended up setting his neighbors house on fire.

Yeah, I remember his neighbors house caught fire, but he acted like it was a random unrelated event to his dicking around with the town's power grid

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
House across the road caught fire at the same time. Fairly sure you can see smoke in the video. Goon back pedaled furiously denying he had anything to do with it.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
the guy in the low carb thread who ate nothing but bacon and eggs for breakfast every day and raving about how awesome it was, started out scrambling his eggs in the bacon grease and then went to the butter+creme fraiche gordon ramsay method. presumably still with lovely inferior american supermarket bacon, then he had bloodwork done and he was dangerously unhealthy

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The goon who cooked to death in his driveway like a scrambled egg

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The goon who oded on Imodium in the movie theater

Tcc is cheating tho

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

theflyingexecutive posted:

Tcc is cheating tho

How the heck di you od on immodoum.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Isaac posted:

it makes your poop so hard you cant poop it and then you are full of poop and die

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Tcc is cheating tho

though funny, that wasn't a goon. just a goon who posted about it

i wonder how many reddit deaths there are, they prolly have to surpassed goondeaths by now just virtue of high numbers

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Xaris posted:

though funny, that wasn't a goon. just a goon who posted about it

i wonder how many reddit deaths there are, they prolly have to surpassed goondeaths by now just virtue of high numbers

pretty sure it was a goons husband so it counts

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Isaac posted:

it's actually a really powerful opiate but it doesn't make you high because it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier. You can weaken the integrity of the barrier with various drugs, but proper dosing becomes impossible and you can od at the drop of a hat

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

it's actually a really powerful opiate but it doesn't make you high because it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier. You can weaken the integrity of the barrier with various drugs, but proper dosing becomes impossible and you can od at the drop of a hat

Smackheads in my old town covet acetic anhydride to bang up mscontin when tgey could just be doing immodoum?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Remember that gbs poll where 90pc of goons voted they were in the 99th percentile of iq

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

I made that one up i just wanted to bump my thread

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

not a tcc death but the entire joose thread was hilarious

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

The Brown Menace posted:

not a tcc death but the entire joose thread was hilarious

Blacking out for a week and waking up jobless, wifeless and there's a brand new grand piano in your living room. A timeless classic.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

DetroitVectorSmooth posted:

and the original thread's here

"this is beautiful. this... this is art."

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Blacking out for a week and waking up jobless, wifeless and there's a brand new grand piano in your living room. A timeless classic.

i liked the dude who flipped his SUV and broke an arm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

deep impact on vhs posted:

"this is beautiful. this... this is art."

Hes still jerking it. I tried taking more photos but he saw me setting up the tripod and playing with the manual settings. Even in light of this, he doesn't mind and keeps going.

• Locked thread