Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Ramadu posted:

bruh I've got cancer :smith: I think I could be next and still fit the bird franchise hypothesis.

RIP Nrr I loved all your songs. This is a blow to the community for sure.

Best wishes to ya bruh fa real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I wish I could see what nrr would have to say about his memorial topic veering into the virtues of e-cigs for about a page. I bet it'd be funny and worth reading

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

I wish I could see what nrr would have to say about his memorial topic veering into the virtues of e-cigs for about a page. I bet it'd be funny and worth reading

He could have just rattled on about the virtues of a diner breakfast and it would have been funny and worth reading. He could have posted at length about how he hosed each and every one of our mothers... we'd all be salty when it came to our bit, but we'd be rolling the other 99%.

Nrr was a loving great poster. He wasn't just a great poster, he was a great dude. Witty, talented, ruthless, sympathetic, maniacal, and jovial. He was the reason we played the game. The game being, talking about football with internet strangers, some of which are the fans of rival teams. He was an Eagles fan that loved the Eags. He also loved the game and loved each and every one of you, even if you were Giants, Cowboys, or Redskins fans. He came here for the laughs and he brought them for most of us.

He was a louse. He was jerk. He was a internet stranger. And he will be missed.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Entitled "Suck My Dick, Suckass"

haha nah. you're ok. im just a heads up that im loving with you in the farthouse for my own amusement, waaayyyyyy more than to be a dick to you <3

its been way too long since we had a dumb feud because you haven't been posting stupid poo poo for like ever, rear end in a top hat. how dare you post regular, intelligent poo poo that I don't have a problem with! ugh. ive had to settle for calling ross out on being a baby, and every time I do that he cries about how im stalking him or something instead of actually forming an argument and defending his dumb idiot posts.

anyway,i left like three dolphins jokes in there as a present to you, and even used your recent catchprase! AND like, I totally drafted the dolphins D in my fantasy league so basically all of this equates to me hanging a gigantic picture of your dumb idiot face above my fireplace as some sort of shrine, and totally gets me off the hook for being an rear end in a top hat here at stupid oclock in the morning for being a dick to you in public. k? ok good talk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was the last communication I had with him. I think it's absolutely amazing. He used to rip on me because of an argument we once got into and he trolled me hard into looking stupid.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Entitled "Suck My Dick, Suckass"

haha nah. you're ok. im just a heads up that im loving with you in the farthouse for my own amusement, waaayyyyyy more than to be a dick to you <3

its been way too long since we had a dumb feud because you haven't been posting stupid poo poo for like ever, rear end in a top hat. how dare you post regular, intelligent poo poo that I don't have a problem with! ugh. ive had to settle for calling ross out on being a baby, and every time I do that he cries about how im stalking him or something instead of actually forming an argument and defending his dumb idiot posts.

anyway,i left like three dolphins jokes in there as a present to you, and even used your recent catchprase! AND like, I totally drafted the dolphins D in my fantasy league so basically all of this equates to me hanging a gigantic picture of your dumb idiot face above my fireplace as some sort of shrine, and totally gets me off the hook for being an rear end in a top hat here at stupid oclock in the morning for being a dick to you in public. k? ok good talk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was the last communication I had with him. I think it's absolutely amazing. He used to rip on me because of an argument we once got into and he trolled me hard into looking stupid.

It was an inside job :ninja:

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
edit

RIP Nrr

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 1, 2015

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Christ, drafting the Dolphins DST in fantasy football actually killed somebody.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
I really shouldn't drink but I bought a bottle of scotch because with him gone there's a void in scotch consumption that needs to be filled by all of us :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Poison Jam posted:

I really shouldn't drink but I bought a bottle of scotch because with him gone there's a void in scotch consumption that needs to be filled by all of us :(

Glenlivit might go under with him gone.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

Poison Jam posted:

Last night ended early for me due to no tolerance. Sorry buddy but that's all I can do because I'm epileptic and don't wish to meet you in the afterlife and be ice-burned for all eternity. I never understood how people felt like this about people they didn't interact with but I sure do now. When's the resurrection? :smith:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Poison Jam posted:

people they didn't interact with

Eh, even if it was just over the internet, you still interacted. I mean, it's not the same as someone who was a close personal friend IRL but it's not nothing. Otherwise, we wouldn't all be so sad about it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
What I wouldn't give for one more quality Nrr Post.

Magic Pants has been stepping it up lately, so it hurts less, but still... come back, Nrr :smith:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
God loving drat it, I get choked up every time I listen to his songs now.

gently caress Nrr. It's hard to even laugh at your hilarious bullshit now. You were too young.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Poison Jam posted:

Last night ended early for me due to no tolerance. Sorry buddy but that's all I can do because I'm epileptic and don't wish to meet you in the afterlife and be ice-burned for all eternity. I never understood how people felt like this about people they didn't interact with but I sure do now. When's the resurrection? :smith:
I was a wreck when Vilerat died, and I only played EVE: Online, a terrible game, with him. Yeah I played it for a while and him and I did stuff together, but I never met him IRL but I was a mess anyway. I'm really sad about Wheez and nrr too :(

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Bort Bortles posted:

I was a wreck when Vilerat died, and I only played EVE: Online, a terrible game, with him. Yeah I played it for a while and him and I did stuff together, but I never met him IRL but I was a mess anyway. I'm really sad about Wheez and nrr too :(

I'm ex-military, so Vilerat hit me in a different way. I only even met him once in EVE. I didn't play it for very long. It was just a different chord that struck me when that happened to him.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Bort Bortles posted:

Wheez's loss really hosed me up because I actually had a lot of fun back and forths with him on facebook very close to when it happened. Then recently facebook pops up one morning with a notification "you and Aric have been friends for a year look back on your friendship" and it was loving unnerving.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fenrir posted:

I'm ex-military, so Vilerat hit me in a different way. I only even met him once in EVE. I didn't play it for very long. It was just a different chord that struck me when that happened to him.
Ugh, I wasnt in the military so I cant imagine what that is like. VR and I were both long term eve players. I helped him break his capitals out of Delve, I helped him arm his first Mothership Super Carrier. We played other games together. Once he had TS/Mumble/whatever on speaker so he didnt have to wear a headset, and I had been cursing up a storm...then I heard his wife talking and I got all apologetic because I had been cursing so much. Then I heard her say "I dont give a gently caress!" and we both couldnt stop laughing. :smith:

Febreeze posted:

Wheez's loss really hosed me up because I actually had a lot of fun back and forths with him on facebook very close to when it happened. Then recently facebook pops up one morning with a notification "you and Aric have been friends for a year look back on your friendship" and it was loving unnerving.
:smithicide:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm still pissed about this.

Would everyone stop dying out of nowhere? I'm probably more unhealthy than all of you other than possibly Ramadu, you have no excuse.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Bort Bortles posted:

Ugh, I wasnt in the military so I cant imagine what that is like. VR and I were both long term eve players. I helped him break his capitals out of Delve, I helped him arm his first Mothership Super Carrier. We played other games together. Once he had TS/Mumble/whatever on speaker so he didnt have to wear a headset, and I had been cursing up a storm...then I heard his wife talking and I got all apologetic because I had been cursing so much. Then I heard her say "I dont give a gently caress!" and we both couldnt stop laughing.

I never had any experience like that with Vilerat. I wish I had. I'd chatted to him maybe 3 times and heard his voice once. Because I shot blues, because they were dumb :colbert:

It was a two minute conversation. That's ... really all I remember about him as a video game player. You probably knew him a lot better than I ever did.

He was a cool dude and I wish I'd have gotten to know him better, but... life happened. And death happened. It's never pretty :smith:

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
oh my god, I had no idea about this or wheez; last Sunday, my first GDT, I remember wondering where wheez was

god loving dammit

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
stop dying you dumb gay fuckers i love you horrible trashlords

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Petey posted:

stop dying you dumb gay fuckers i love you horrible trashlords

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF0cGt5-69k

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

when i finally die i want to be buried with my posts, ashes to ashes, trash to trash

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
poo poo, I just found out about it (through petey), that's awful. Nrr was one of the people I missed talking with most from this group.

gently caress.

e: Is CURE Epilepsy the right charity? I really feel like I should do something.

Serisothikos fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 3, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Hey Nrr,

Alright, man, so Spoeank was watching a 49ers presser and heard Tomsula farting while listening to a reporter ask a question. So he posts he here, right, because of course we want to know. Then he send it off to some radio show and Dave makes a vine out of it, then he breaks it on Uproxx and tweets it to his army of followers and now it's the biggest news in sports on October 2nd in TYOOL 2015.

I knew you'd want to know about this and when I see you in like ~50 years I'm gonna want to hear your best response to this, welp see ya!

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Chilichimp posted:

Hey Nrr,

Alright, man, so Spoeank was watching a 49ers presser and heard Tomsula farting while listening to a reporter ask a question. So he posts he here, right, because of course we want to know. Then he send it off to some radio show and Dave makes a vine out of it, then he breaks it on Uproxx and tweets it to his army of followers and now it's the biggest news in sports on October 2nd in TYOOL 2015.

I knew you'd want to know about this and when I see you in like ~50 years I'm gonna want to hear your best response to this, welp see ya!

When you get there, he'll have a song ready.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Serisothikos posted:

When you get there, he'll have a song ready.

If it's not a cover of "A Candle in the Wind" I don't even...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Chilichimp we can't lie to the dead. Better Rivals podcast found it first and surprisingly NOBODY said anything about it afterwards, but I passed it along to here and Football Today and the whole thing went from there.

Just a link in the chain.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Petey posted:

when i finally die i want to be buried with my posts, ashes to ashes, trash to trash

I feel the same way.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Petey posted:

Just put that AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA gif on continuous loop above your coffin during the wake

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Febreeze posted:

:smith:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Serisothikos posted:

e: Is CURE Epilepsy the right charity? I really feel like I should do something.

Yep that's the one.

drat, I almost didn't recognize you with that hockey av. So used to the Wilfork.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

quote:

nrr wrote on Sep 10, 2015 01:59:
and you mine, broheim

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

*backskates*
Give everything to hear half your breath [...]
Thinkin of the day you went away

I thought man it's 2:40AM on a friday I should get to bed. but I have tomorrow off

Every day we pray for you [...]
In my heart is where I keep you friend

I thought what would nrr and wheez be doing? Making stupid drunk and/or high posts into the depressing hours of the night. Beacons in the dark to say that yeah I see you 25 users browsing. Don't act like I don't. It's okay that you're here.

Somethin... somethin... I can't do it. I miss these guys.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this
It will help you some sunny day.
Take your time... Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
Go find a woman and you'll find love,
And don't forget son,
There is someone up above.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I think they're sitting together, maybe even right now,
Eating wheez's fried chicken
Drinking Nrr's scotch
Every now and again they browse the forums

Smirking at our derails, making GBS threads on our posts
That's what they usually did
Because we're horrible
Well, most of us anyway. Myself included.

Nrr will write some lunatic song about this
wheez will just laugh
It might be about football
But probably set to some classic song we all know

By now Nrr has had half a bottle of scotch
wheez has smoked 2 joints
the chicken is almost gone
And together they've made a post that would destroy TFF

If only we could see it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Fenrir posted:

I think they're sitting together, maybe even right now,
Eating wheez's fried chicken
Drinking Nrr's scotch
Every now and again they browse the forums

Smirking at our derails, making GBS threads on our posts
That's what they usually did
Because we're horrible
Well, most of us anyway. Myself included.

Nrr will write some lunatic song about this
wheez will just laugh
It might be about football
But probably set to some classic song we all know

By now Nrr has had half a bottle of scotch
wheez has smoked 2 joints
the chicken is almost gone
And together they've made a post that would destroy TFF

If only we could see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjOImF3Idis

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
love that song

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
God drat I miss those loving guys :smith:

e: if there is anything after this, they're probably laughing their balls off.

I hope so anyway

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Oct 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'm just a regular joe
With a bartending job
I'm your average white
Eagles fan slob

I like football and scotch and songs about poo poo
I've got an average life but I post like a pimp

My booze
My posts
My songs and my bar
My feet on the table
And my loving guitar

But sometimes you fucks ain't enough to keep a man like me invested
Oh no, no way
I gotta troll out and have fun at someone else's expense
Oh yeah, yeah yeah
I rip your poo poo posts
And make you feel shame
While jerks who don't get me
Are going insane

I'm an rear end in a top hat, leioleioleioeoooooo
I'm an rear end in a top hat, the best loving rear end in a top hat

Sometimes I post in dumb loving threads
while dumb loving posters
post dumb loving poo poo

I'm an asshollllllle

Eh, okay I give up, I'll never be half of what nrr was.

• Locked thread