Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

there's a reason there's so much crossover between anime fans and star trek fans it's basically the same gay poo poo prove me wrong i dare you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
:firstpost: turkeys

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
can he score another?

:secondpost:

yes he can!!!!!!!!!!!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Only like 80% of pedophiles are anime fans.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
ive never hosed an anime cast member

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
You can watch anime and still be normal.

Hot Cosby
Sep 23, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
got nothing op

where do i bring my oven?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

well op, anime is a broad term for a japanese animation style and star trek is a specific american sci-fi series

hth

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Kuato easily claims the 8th post. :smug:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

circ dick soleil posted:

You can watch anime and still be normal.

we got one bag him and tag him

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Herman Cain quoted a pokemon movie when he was running for president.That's a thing that happened in America.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

fyodor posted:

we got one bag him and tag him

Akira was a good movie also Princess Mononoke.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Weird that anime caters directly to pedophiles, but a higher percentage of pedophiles are Star Trek fans than are Anime fans.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

How the hell does this thread have 12 replies and no views? Are people just replying to this thread without bothering to take time to carefully read each individual post?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

anime is good. is how.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

How the hell does this thread have 12 replies and no views? Are people just replying to this thread without bothering to take time to carefully read each individual post?

idk. hth

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Kuato posted:

idk. hth

It does help, actually. Thanks!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Do people in Japan obsess about star trek and try to talk all star treky to people?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
anime is good. all fans of any fiction are bad.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
the difference is that anime is a style of japanese animation encompassing many sci fi franchises that attracts a large fanbase and star trek is just one sci fi franchise that became a cultural force through its sheer size

i can't see any other possible thing about them to mention op. there's just no humor in that well i guess!

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Star Trek is about exploring the universe, furthering knowledge and peace. The heroes got to where they are through formal study, intense drive and ambition, and competition. They worked hard to be where they are.

Anime is about children who stumble upon a robot suit or a magic artefact which instantly gives them power beyond anything and they go around killing a lot of people.

Every single person who is in space right now was inspired by Star Trek. Every wifu obsessed shut in was inspired by anime.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Anime has less per captia pedos.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

What the CIA did with crack to the black ghettos, Japan did with anime to nerds, for the same reason.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
you make a good point OP

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
paedophilie

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Anime is a broader topic than Star Trek, hope this helps in your scholarly examination of them.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
star trek is not animated

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
what about star trek the animated series

e: wow thats a real thing i was just joking

please i dont know anything about str trek i swear

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i like start treks and i don't like animes

i am also a cool lil guy who is nice and friendly and never does gross things like "being a pedophile" and "japanese poo poo" and other redundant things

this should answer your question, "oh pea".

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

XMNN posted:

what about star trek the animated series

man i saw some of that, it was cool as poo poo, a literal satan shows up

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-EoyUtdLdc
lol

e: i think thats a butt plug

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Well, you see, Star Trek fans are overrepresented as pedophiles, whereas anime fans...
hmm...

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Gatekeeper posted:

man i saw some of that, it was cool as poo poo, a literal satan shows up

also a sexy cat lady

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

this isn't pedophilia its just a lil weird and i guess gross

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Davethulhu posted:

also a sexy cat lady

ooh yeah that was extremely cool too, i like how in the new movies the fresh kirk gets to gently caress catladies, nice lil nod o' the head to that crazy fuckin toon

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

i dont really understand the whole furry thing, like all of it seems fuckin grody as heck to me, but a cool sexy lady with a neat lil cat-like tail, like a lion tail with a lil tuft at the end, that seems like it would be cool. just a regular pretty lady only her eyeballs have those weird cat pupils and maybe her ears are elfy like spock's and she has a cool lion tail

i think i get why someone would want to gently caress that

tails are neat

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
:catstare:

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
Idk but aatrek links them shamefully in teh minds of posters everywhere

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

yeah lil ears like that, lil tufty tail, seems pretty neat i bet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

star trek is not a cartoon and it is not from japan

• Locked thread