Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

i will say that the terrible character designs did scale down nicely into sprites. though as many have noted, the quality difference between some of them is pretty major.

they're very clear/legible, but some just are pretty bleh (hello zetterberg and wrastor). i like the six-pack beetle though some of his animations are super lame. the rest don't really bother me, and maypul and absa in particular are nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
do NOT play this with a fight stick. i say this as someone who loves fight sticks.

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013
I picked this game up this morning and Kragg is my jam.

My only issue is that the game seems to bias my analog stick inputs to the side variants of moves, even though my stick is very much pointed down or up. Has anyone else experienced this? My controller's calibration seems fine.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I have found that as well, although for me it's not consistently one way or the other (ie doing sides when I wanted up/down or up/down when I wanted sides). I'm not sure what's going on there tbh.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

its very likely to be a deadzone issue, if you spend some time messing with the sticks in x360ce you should be able to make it perfect.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
people I've been playing need to work on their recovery (and so do I), and here's a page that explains this game's unique recovery mechanics: http://bigfriendlygames.net/2015/09/20/recovery-mechanics/

related: http://gfycat.com/BlandJaggedInvisiblerail

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Also someone was poking around in the files and found this;

People are assuming its for Abyss Mode and is basically Smash 4's custom fighters, but the guy who found it seems adamant that it won't split the community and isn't what people think it is (but won't elaborate), so we'll see

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Found an amusing bug with Kragg, can't reproduce it though.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Ptarmigans posted:

This is what I see in my nightmares.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ptarmigans posted:

now up-b

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ptarmigans posted:

this is what i want

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I've been having trouble getting dash dancing to really work right on a gamecube controller, but literally everything else works fine so I'm not really sure what to do to fix it without loving something else up. I might just play on a 360 pad because I've gotted used to it and actually like it now

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I love spiking Fiery Lion Man (Who Is On Fire) with Kragg, it's so satisfying.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

sharrrk posted:

messing around last night i realized you can double maypul's jump height by using her up-air the moment you press jump

You can use this to really improve her recovery after a wall cling as well. If you want to recover from low as maypul and don't have/want to use the vine, side-b to the wall, cling, release and immediately up-air then side-b or up-b onto the stage.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

I never really got hardcore into smash, hell I didn't even know how to wavedash before yesterday. Picked this up yesterday afternoon and HOO BOY THIS GAME. It's nice having my accuracy go up from 20% to 45% and start to get a feel for the combos/mechanics, I'm not getting dominated nearly as much as I was when I started. gently caress every good Kragg player though.

How does he keep cancelling his up-special like that?

But Not Tonight fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 28, 2015

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Finishing the up special in the smoke resets it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

But Not Tonight posted:

I never really got hardcore into smash, hell I didn't even know how to wavedash before yesterday. Picked this up yesterday afternoon and HOO BOY THIS GAME. It's nice having my accuracy go up from 20% to 45% and start to get a feel for the combos/mechanics, I'm not getting dominated nearly as much as I was when I started. gently caress every good Kragg player though.

Playing random other kraggs online has taught me a lot of tricks, we should play sets some time and I can help you with the match-up

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Countblanc posted:

Playing random other kraggs online has taught me a lot of tricks, we should play sets some time and I can help you with the match-up

Sure, add me. I'm a big gay firebaby lion pretty much all the time though, so don't think less of me.

Also how the gently caress do I make maypul's jump work? I get that you have to have a mark on a target for it to work, but I just can not trigger the vine pull with any regularity.

But Not Tonight fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 28, 2015

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

But Not Tonight posted:

Also how the gently caress do I make maypul's jump work? I get that you have to have a mark on a target for it to work, but I just can not trigger the vine pull with any regularity.

You need to hold the button rather than just tap it.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

But Not Tonight posted:

Sure, add me. I'm a big gay firebaby lion pretty much all the time though, so don't think less of me.

I think the fire lion has a pretty bad matchup against Kragg, as soon as he gets you offstage you're probably dead.

Having said that, Ptarmigans consistently destroys me no matter which side of the matchup I'm on.

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
This OP is much better than mine.
Add me, my Steam name is VioletBroregarde and I main Zetterburn but I'm also learning Orcane because I think he's probably better?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aston posted:

I think the fire lion has a pretty bad matchup against Kragg, as soon as he gets you offstage you're probably dead.

Having said that, Ptarmigans consistently destroys me no matter which side of the matchup I'm on.

Feels like everyone pwns everyone if they can follow up the first hit. Feel like the only way i can recoup at times to reset neutral is to get a perfect parry off but im terrible at it sooo I die.

Trying to figure out how to do quick set ups/defend as orca so I don't get constantly tossed around with no up b to recover with. Gaffe was kicking my booty last night with maypul, couldn't do anything on the ground against that fucker

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

grass is strong against water

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgYLBZhyfc

Orv
May 4, 2011
So is this actually Smash Bros or is this "we think Smash Bros is actually a for real fighting game" Smash Bros?

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Orv posted:

So is this actually Smash Bros or is this "we think Smash Bros is actually a for real fighting game" Smash Bros?

Yes.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Orv posted:

It's good.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
man the kragg/zetterburn matchup is real weird. it's like designed for either player to 3-stock the other guy and nothing in between.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Why would anybody not just play wrastor all the time?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I played against a good Wrastor earlier, dealing with marth aerials on metaknight is hard. FOrtunately his kill options are really limited from what I've seen, though that might just be people not knowing confirms into Strongs yet

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

A juicy up air string into tornado kill off the top is the funniest and most satisfying kill in the game imo

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Orv posted:

Basic mechanics of Smash Bros, tuned and balanced more carefully to make it a for-real fighting game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
dude made a video on how to use custom music in this game, which is good, because the existing music is mostly bland (i like the water stage though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S5yR2NjUKk

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I don't know what games any of these characters are from.

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
It's not like Smash in that you know all the characters. It's like smash in that every character is Frankensteined from the most fun parts of all the really good characters in all the Smash games, and also in the control scheme and objective.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I played some Rivals of Aether with Ptarmigans tonight and you can watch it: here.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jibo posted:

I don't know what games any of these characters are from.

They're from digimon

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013
New patch is out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RivalsOfAether/comments/3n2p44/update_004_the_jabs_for_days_update_is_live/

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
New jab owns, rip Kragg recovery, all hail new weasel god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Countblanc posted:

I played against a good Wrastor earlier, dealing with marth aerials on metaknight is hard. FOrtunately his kill options are really limited from what I've seen, though that might just be people not knowing confirms into Strongs yet

Probably my favoritest part of falcofalconpuff is when u get them to a percentage where aggressive clapping is ur only follow up. Get them knee feels

• Locked thread