Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

It might be a cool idea to compile a list of some of the more nuanced tricks that each character is capable of. I'm slowly discovering a bunch of things as I mess around.

Orcane: His fair has extreme DI, more than normal, you can really travel fast and far if you want. His back during the fair animation is a hitbox that appears to have knockback proportional to distance and/or speed. It can definitely kill very early if you are going fast. He can also seemingly cancel his jump into his up-b and vice versa. This only works when he doesnt have a puddle out, but produces a very insane super jump when done properly. Its too risky for me to bother with, but its a cool tech.

Forsburn: His clone is a positionally aware AI. You have no control over the movement, it will always try to seek out the enemy and approach it when it is not given a command. Every time you press side-b it will check where the opponent is compared to where it is, and try to use the move that will do the most damage from that position. You can use this to essentially choose what moves it will do. Just spamming side-b as soon as it comes out will make it repeatedly use the dash-attack (which combos into itself a few times, conveniently) however if you wait to press side-b until it is very close to the enemy, it will begin to spam up-tilts instead. It's cool and fun, mess with it.

I'll add some stuff for the other characters later but I'm gonna play now instead of typing more.

The fire lion, Fiery Lion Man, can set people on fire and then hit them for bonus damage. Just a little hint for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Preliminary cuteness tier:

S Tier: Orcane
A Tier: Maypul
B Tier: Fiery Lion Man, Kragg
C Tier: Wrastor
Z Tier: Skull Fire Man

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Also if you want games the #goonsmash IRC on synirc is a good place to look.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I have found that as well, although for me it's not consistently one way or the other (ie doing sides when I wanted up/down or up/down when I wanted sides). I'm not sure what's going on there tbh.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I love spiking Fiery Lion Man (Who Is On Fire) with Kragg, it's so satisfying.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

But Not Tonight posted:

Sure, add me. I'm a big gay firebaby lion pretty much all the time though, so don't think less of me.

I think the fire lion has a pretty bad matchup against Kragg, as soon as he gets you offstage you're probably dead.

Having said that, Ptarmigans consistently destroys me no matter which side of the matchup I'm on.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

grass is strong against water

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I played some Rivals of Aether with Ptarmigans tonight and you can watch it: here.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I want to play this tonight.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I played it. The bear is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

It looks like if you do the warlock punch while standing on ice, you break the ice and get ice armour which protects you from the next hit and explodes when you next do a smash attack.

• Locked thread