Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Reason posted:

Does it feel like it has staying power and a decent sized community? It looks awesome, but multiplayer games on PC always die.

Well hopefully the early access stream of content will keep people interested over a long period

Frosburn is really cool but i havent had to play against him yet i wonder how annoying the smoke actually is to deal with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

Forsburn: His clone is a positionally aware AI. You have no control over the movement, it will always try to seek out the enemy and approach it when it is not given a command. Every time you press side-b it will check where the opponent is compared to where it is, and try to use the move that will do the most damage from that position. You can use this to essentially choose what moves it will do. Just spamming side-b as soon as it comes out will make it repeatedly use the dash-attack (which combos into itself a few times, conveniently) however if you wait to press side-b until it is very close to the enemy, it will begin to spam up-tilts instead. It's cool and fun, mess with it.

The clone actually tries to do an attack any time you press b, which usually leads to me inadvertently making tons and tons of extra smoke, and i'm sure someday soon i will die horribly by accidentally doing an up-b off the edge while controlling it

I noticed that you can lose the charged down-b if you do his n-b or side-b, but then it only takes one more inhale to get it back? I guess they really don't want you to be able to have the threat of the explosion and the smoke screen at the same time since you get rid of all the smoke clouds once you get the last charge.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

sharrrk posted:

messing around last night i realized you can double maypul's jump height by using her up-air the moment you press jump

You can use this to really improve her recovery after a wall cling as well. If you want to recover from low as maypul and don't have/want to use the vine, side-b to the wall, cling, release and immediately up-air then side-b or up-b onto the stage.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

New patch notes, if you want to play with these changes you opt into the beta build on steam

lol they keep buffing maypul

and i thought there was something up with her parry, it used to be 2 frames shorter than the other characters'. Now all the characters have the same parry except forsburn, who has an easier one.

• Locked thread