Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.
it to be so. I'll answer honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

is hitler still alive?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Do you think we actually believe you?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Did the mods really know?

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
What kind of things do you enjoy putting in your mouth?

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

symbolic posted:

is hitler still alive?

Hitler perished after committing suicide because he was disappointed by the results at the eastern front.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Do you think we actually believe you?

Its out of my hands.

Nooner posted:

Did the mods really know?

The mods really don't know much. There's a certain uncertainty they're missing in assuming all unknowns are knowable. Thus, unknown unknowns confound them and they behave inappropriately at times. This is a typical human reaction when faced with ambiguity.

Pansacola posted:

What kind of things do you enjoy putting in your mouth?

Red wine.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
what number am I thinking of?

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

amityville anus posted:

what number am I thinking of?

Seven.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

METATERREN posted:

Hitler perished after committing suicide because he was disappointed by the results at the eastern front.
no he committed suicide because his bunker was literally being bombed 24 hours a day. if the cyanide didn't kill him, the allied bullet in his brain would've.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
will the comet hit today?

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
what is the largest area of a sofa that can be maneuvered through a same width L-shaped hallway?

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
magnets... how do they work?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ooh close. It was six but you're one too many and the camper and refrigerator go to Seth, from Wichita Falls, with a guess of 1. Come on down, Seth!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

If I have 10 apples and I give someone 4 of them, how many apples do I have left?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

i think my cat pukes on the carpet to get revenge on me. how do i tell him not to?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
What is funniest in life?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pawn 17 posted:

If I have 10 apples and I give someone 4 of them, how many apples do I have left?
enough to fit in my rear end in a top hat

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
did you prefer lunchable crackers or lunchable pizzas?

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

symbolic posted:

no he committed suicide because his bunker was literally being bombed 24 hours a day. if the cyanide didn't kill him, the allied bullet in his brain would've.

He lost too many of his forces at the eastern front. So he was in such and such compromised position.

Nation posted:

will the comet hit today?

We're going to survive. Rejoice.

Jesus Christ posted:

what is the largest area of a sofa that can be maneuvered through a same width L-shaped hallway?

I don't study the symbology that would allow me to express this in a written form.

solaranus posted:

magnets... how do they work?

The plane of a magnetic source is actually the midsection of a polarized wave. The handedness of the polarity and the magnet designated charge are directly correlated. The repelling effect between differently polarized magnets is due to densities at the other, remote, end of the magnet's entangled quarks.

Pawn 17 posted:

10/10

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

October Revolution posted:

crackers are always better

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If you have one bucket that holds 3 gallons of water and another bucket that holds five, and a water faucet. how many buckets do you have?

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

a real jerk posted:

i think my cat pukes on the carpet to get revenge on me. how do i tell him not to?

Present him with the deeper questions in life, which he will be forced to ponder, and, being unable to find the solution, will be slowly driven further into madness.
Sample questions for your carpet puking cat:
Does math create greater intellect or merely the greater ability to answer math questions?
Could primate evolution be accelerated by the strategic placement of thousands of mirrors in their habitat?
Do squirrels actually have an expectation that they will dig up a buried acorn, or are they burying acorns out of reflex?

~

Ork of Fiction posted:

What is funniest in life?

symbolic posted:

enough to fit in my rear end in a top hat

~

Thanks for the interest in my deep and personal feelings. The answer is neither.

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

amityville anus posted:

If you have one bucket that holds 3 gallons of water and another bucket that holds five, and a water faucet. how many buckets do you have?

Two bukkets.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Good. What emotions have been involved in answering the questions that I have given you up to this point and what do you feel is the strongest question out of the 2?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

what the gently caress?

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Good I need a smart guy to answer this question.

So I'm trying to backward engineer a mathematical formula based on a set of data points. The problem is that it's a multi variable equation with no real way to set up a set of equations or matrices to solve it. It has to be exponential based, as there are diminishing returns, but I have no clue on how to figure out besides throwing it on Wolfram and praying the quadratic best fit is good enough.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
why is my ear bleeding

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
whats your bank account & routing number? try to remember them off the top of your head if you're such a genius. i'll check if they're correct by adding it to my autopay for my car payments fyi.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
am i gay?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

nullEntityRNG posted:

So I'm trying to backward engineer a mathematical formula based on a set of data points. The problem is that it's a multi variable equation with no real way to set up a set of equations or matrices to solve it. It has to be exponential based, as there are diminishing returns, but I have no clue on how to figure out besides throwing it on Wolfram and praying the quadratic best fit is good enough.

excel -> data analysis -> regression

YW

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

A magic eight ball is smarter than this bozo

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

amityville anus posted:

Good. What emotions have been involved in answering the questions that I have given you up to this point and what do you feel is the strongest question out of the 2?

The Goatfather posted:

what the gently caress?

nullEntityRNG posted:

Well you have to first place the mathematical formula and the sort of real world result you are trying to attain into the context of reality. Is it really the case that there are diminishing returns based on X? Or is that just what backtesting seems to indicate? Is history the rule in this case?

Is the real action you are aiming for based on the output of this predictive formula going to be reliable or just a figment of abstraction and the weaknesses of symbology?

Enfield posted:

why is my ear bleeding

Brain slug.

Kuato posted:

whats your bank account & routing number? try to remember them off the top of your head if you're such a genius. i'll check if they're correct by adding it to my autopay for my car payments fyi.

555-555-5555
Call for phone sex

No, as a rule of thumb.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Why are you gay?

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013
how can we best implement a dictatorship of the proletariat?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

METATERREN posted:

it to be so. I'll answer honestly.

How long until you're banned?

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
good choice op also I misread the thread title

why is it I am only comfortable with one foot out from the covers?

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

gnarlyhotep posted:

How long until you're banned?

When a mod's jealousy of the attention I generate overflows and they can no longer restrain themselves, and abrogate their humanity in favor of the devil's jealously.

lite frisk posted:

how can we best implement a dictatorship of the proletariat?

Great questions. I only answer under the assumption that you aim for a benevolent dictatorship. Here are the steps you must take:
1. Use capitalism to concentrate all of the wealth into a few people's hands
2. Install a solar powered base in the Arctic
3. Move into the arctic base
4. Nuke everything from orbit
5. Raise all of the remnant humans to have good moral character.

The Aardvark posted:

Why are you gay?

But I'm not gay. My body just likes things. Soft things, hard things. A variety of things.

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

good choice op also I misread the thread title

why is it I am only comfortable with one foot out from the covers?

Your blood runs colder than your psychology is trained to find comfortable. Thus, you remain mostly under the covers.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i pooped 3 times today. is that normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

JiveHonky posted: