Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
We're back

Countdown to a secret takeover of the White House by the aliens from V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Maybe the aliens were the cause of the Olitz leak?

The parallel between the Princess and Olivia was a bit too on the nose but I was so glad to not have a B613 plot.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I thought parts of the premiere were strong, but the princess/car crash.... meh, I guess it's been long enough since Princess Di died to recycle that storyline?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I will admit to screaming "WHAT?????" when Olivia said "Yes" at the end of the last episode. Never thought that would happen.

Mellie is going to cut someone.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Why should I care if Fitz can survive this?
He's always shown to be an rear end in a top hat no matter how many times they insist he is a Great Man who must lead America.

gently caress off to Vermont and let the VP take over..

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Why should I care if Fitz can survive this?
He's always shown to be an rear end in a top hat no matter how many times they insist he is a Great Man who must lead America.

gently caress off to Vermont and let the VP take over..

Has Fitz actually done anything noteworthy?

Like he was suppose to revitalise the Republican party and pass all this great legislation but he's pretty much spent his whole presidency trying to bang Olivia and dragging the country into another war.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I want to say he passed a mild gun control law. He was opposed to that war and only did it to appease his treasonous friends and get Olivia back.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Also in what world would Fitz saying he's getting a divorce not be national headlines with the reporter with Millie there or not.

I also hated the fact they brought up Millie's rape that she blamed Fitz for despite not telling him about it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Fitz's second term goals were finally revealed! Raising the minimum wage and a comprehensive environmental policy. What a hero.

I thought the montage of Mellie's suffering for Fitz's career was black comedy rather than anything to build sympathy or scare off Olivia. Jerry's death and her mourning were particularly funny highlights. The point of that arc was how she immediately snapped out depression since "Jerry died for a reason" and she is a political monster like the rest.

I was incredibly disappointed when "They're not going to Noah Baker" meant Abby was going to the press room rather than Mellie and Cyrus were going on The Liberty Report.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

gently caress you, Fitz. gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you.

At least with Mellie leading the charge for impeachment he won't have to destroy the Brandon Bill.

itsameta4
Sep 29, 2013
Can anyone explain to me exactly what Fitz can be impeached for? Like, I know they could trump something up even if his affair isn't impeachable; but you have to at least mention it! Which leads me to believe that the writer room just believes Clinton was impeached for his affair, and not for lying under oath. Which, I mean, Jesus. You're writing a show set in the White House.

Shonda is driving me crazy with her total ignorance of American law.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

itsameta4 posted:

Can anyone explain to me exactly what Fitz can be impeached for? Like, I know they could trump something up even if his affair isn't impeachable; but you have to at least mention it! Which leads me to believe that the writer room just believes Clinton was impeached for his affair, and not for lying under oath. Which, I mean, Jesus. You're writing a show set in the White House.

Shonda is driving me crazy with her total ignorance of American law.

Most Americans still believe that Clinton got impeached for his affair so that's the one crazy ignorance I can give a pass too.

Also Mellie is such a loving bitch.

Also why would the Republicans want to get rid of bills that break the Democratic coalition with the whole, look we aren't horrible people that hate women and love guns.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Mellie is going to attack everyone with a machete at some point and I am going to cheer.

(That was cold, Liv.)

e: And now Mellie is dropping truth bombs. :woop:

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 30, 2015

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
Was this the first time Mellie ever mentioned to Fitz that his dad raped her? Because he didn't really react to it at all.

Wasn't it also possible that their dead son might not actually be Fitz's because she got pregnant after the rape? I thought during that scene tonight that the last thing she was going to "take away" from Fitz was him being the kid's father and reveal the rape that way.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Stabitha posted:

Was this the first time Mellie ever mentioned to Fitz that his dad raped her? Because he didn't really react to it at all.

Wasn't it also possible that their dead son might not actually be Fitz's because she got pregnant after the rape? I thought during that scene tonight that the last thing she was going to "take away" from Fitz was him being the kid's father and reveal the rape that way.

She definitely told him before, while he was raging at her about sleeping with Andrew (or somewhere around there). As I recall it didn't exactly rock his world then either, just made him stop insulting her for a little bit. Olivia had a much stronger reaction when she found out.

I'm a big fan of Mellie and a big fan of Rowan, so this episode was great for me. Though I really can't imagine Mellie doesn't have some kind of revenge planned for Rowan down the line, now that she knows about Jerry.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

ShakeZula posted:

She definitely told him before, while he was raging at her about sleeping with Andrew (or somewhere around there). As I recall it didn't exactly rock his world then either, just made him stop insulting her for a little bit. Olivia had a much stronger reaction when she found out.

He went into shock after she told him. It's the dumbest thing this dumb show has ever done however. As Mellie held it against Fitz for years despite him not knowing about it.

This episode was just dumb all around however. Fitz even has his giant loving retirement home in Vermont for him and Olivia that they dream about. It's just an attempt to create drama and it's destroying the show.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Happy that Papa Pope is back! Let the fun begin.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
gently caress this show and its random rear end roadblocks

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

You go, Olivia, break off a piece of Name like that.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Who the poo poo is this Leo person?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Retail Slave posted:

Who the poo poo is this Leo person?

He was Sally's Campaign Consultant when she ran for the Presidency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Am I the only person whose kind of done with this show do to the stupid will they, won't they crap

• Locked thread