Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

There's been some enlightened conversation lately about GWS and GBS, shitposting and content-making. In the middle of it all, renowned GBS-lord gnarlyhotep can be found, shitposting.

gnarlyhotep posted:

Good job, idiot. You've managed to be both stupid and worthless at the same time, a feat which only every dumb gently caress littering the side of every slow stoplight could heretofore manage. Please post more of your genius insights in other forums (esp GBS) so we may all be edified. Thank you.

Kenning posted:

Mods rename me Stone Fruit Station.

gnarlyhotep posted:

Kenning posted:

Mods rename me Dumb gently caress Jackass.
That's up to the GWS mods, but I am behind it.

gnarlyhotep posted:

You scoop a tablespoon into some butter and then scrape off the excess from the top with your finger. Are you loving retarded?

gnarlyhotep posted:

No, only if you're a goddamn idiot. Kill yourself and let the rest of us get on with breathing.

I don't think you can cook, gnarlyhotep. I don't know why you come here. Mindphlux can shitpost, but his food looks amazing and at least half of the time he's saying something smart or funny.

So let's go. I'll eat a ban if I lose if you want. I don't really need you to forfeit anything – winning will be satisfaction enough. You choose the theme/ingredient, and number of courses. I'll post my meal this weekend. You have a week after that. One requirement though – it's a meal for 5 or more. I like cooking most when I'm cooking for my friends. I suggest you make the rounds of your local ASPCA to round up your dinner companions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
AWWWWWW YISSSSSSSSs

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
:munch:

:jiggled::jiggled::jiggled:

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
:holymoley:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
FUNNY PPL???? IN MYYYYYYY COMEDY SUBFORUM!?!!??!?!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

lol hell ya now this a thread

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
we're not funny and we just want to talk about recipes but were also very very undeveloped mentally and cant figure out how to measure a tablespoon w/ a tablespoon that we own so please, leave us alone, GBS

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This could be fun

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
aaaa

sweat poteto fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 25, 2015

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Why can't we all just get along ):

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
also who doesn't have butter that has measurments on the side of the goddamn stick

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Nooner posted:

Why can't we all just get along ):

Because professional cooks are assholes that have had humanity and compassion beaten out of them.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

sweat poteto posted:

Spoons are good for measuring many things but cold butter isn't one of them.
THANK YOU. It's as if nobody knows what a spoon is for.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
gently caress!

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

pr0k posted:

AWWWWWW YISSSSSSSSs

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
In what world does the variance in tablespoon sizes possibly ruin a recipe

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Tom Brady posted:

In what world does the variance in tablespoon sizes possibly ruin a recipe

Australian tablespoon is 15lm, US is 20ml. Your australian grandma makes a Thing You Like, you work in a professional kitchen, you make it for your boss, he likes it, tells you to make 300 for a party this weekend. You then scale grandma's recipe x 300, but you're using a US tablespoon. Your recipe now has 25% MORE of everything that was originally measured in tablespoons. Your Thing is ruined, and you've wasted hundreds of dollars in food. This is why we bake in grams.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Australian tablespoon is 15lm, US is 20ml. Your australian grandma makes a Thing You Like, you work in a professional kitchen, you make it for your boss, he likes it, tells you to make 300 for a party this weekend. You then scale grandma's recipe x 300, but you're using a US tablespoon. Your recipe now has 25% MORE of everything that was originally measured in tablespoons. Your Thing is ruined, and you've wasted hundreds of dollars in food. This is why we bake in grams.

p sure if you're doing commerical cooking for 300 ppl youve already decided how you're going to measure a tablespoon and dont have an autistic slapfight about it on the internet (And probably, you use a tablespoon - of the size familiar 2 ur country, like every other chef and housewife in the loving coutnry jesus christ)(

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

les fleurs du mall posted:

p sure if you're doing commerical cooking for 300 ppl youve already decided how you're going to measure a tablespoon and dont have an autistic slapfight about it on the internet (And probably, you use a tablespoon - of the size familiar 2 ur country, like every other chef and housewife in the loving coutnry jesus christ)(

gently caress you are dumb when it comes to food

also thank you so much for throwing down the gauntlet Kenning, I think we need more of the top talent to smash these idiot gbs posters out of here

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

But Not Tonight posted:

most people just follow a recipe and dont worry about whether their spoon is a micrometre too large

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

les fleurs du mall posted:

most people just follow a recipe and dont worry about whether their spoon is a micrometre too large

WOOSH, point flew right over your boney little skeleton head

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

maybe you'll understand one day,

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

But Not Tonight posted:

WOOSH, point flew right over your boney little skeleton head

no ur point was about upscaling for commerical quantities and MY point was that if ur doing that then u should already have the established knowledge and skills to not give a gently caress about arguing about tbs online

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

But Not Tonight posted:

also thank you so much for throwing down the gauntlet Kenning, I think we need more of the top talent to smash these idiot gbs posters out of here

please don't mock the Brit's limited food knowledge, they can barely boil a chicken

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i'm going to be mad if gbs representative gnarlyhotep is bested but i also hope the food looks nummy so i can't see this as anything less than a win:win

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

Libelous Slander posted:

please don't mock the Brit's limited food knowledge, they can barely boil a chicken

yea you're right, I'm sorry (but not too sorry about it)

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

i think that unless you are in australia that this isnt an issue if theyre literally the only country that does this

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Tom Brady posted:

i think that unless you are in australia that this isnt an issue if theyre literally the only country that does this

if you take on the challenge of making 300 servings of a meal and ur poo poo scared of tablespoon measurements youve probably made a bad decision imo

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Tom Brady posted:

The hand mixers also go in the opposite direction.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

That Works posted:

The hand mixers also go in the opposite direction.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
also if literally everything is 25% more than originally intended dont you just have 25% more of the same recipe

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Paula Deen taught me that whenever butter is mentioned in a recipe, just throw in the whole stick.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
please take maths arugments to yospos they don't belong here in the food forum ty

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
a subforum that died under the multivariant volume of tablespoons is 1 that deserves to die so lets change things for the better and be happy together in harmony and peace

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Tom Brady posted:

also if literally everything is 25% more than originally intended dont you just have 25% more of the same recipe

No, only anything that was measured in Tablespoons, loving idiot. This is why imperial measurements are stupid in baking. That was the whole point of tablespoon chat.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

No, only anything that was measured in Tablespoons, loving idiot. This is why imperial measurements are stupid in baking. That was the whole point of tablespoon chat.

i think you will find that it is actually you that is the loving idiot

E: as soon as you do the math

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

rude

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

my boss wanted an extra large batch of stone soup and I was fine until I started using the extra large cauldron and gramma's measurin spoons

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Tom Brady posted:

i think you will find that it is actually you that is the loving idiot

hurr durr, im real funny from gbs cooking forum people are dumb spergs and none of them are real chefs who deal with this poo poo on a daily basis HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

hurr durr, im real funny from gbs cooking forum people are dumb spergs and none of them are real chefs who deal with this poo poo on a daily basis HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Have you ever posted outside of a few GWS threads where you remind everyone you're a professional chef?

• Locked thread