Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i had sexual congress with the ops mom and lost my boner after i came

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

gently caress da Mods posted:

what a wretched twat he's standing right next to the holiest of men and cant even muster awe wow loving :argh:

honestly he's probably contorting his face to fight back tears

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I was surprised there wasn't a thread about this, but here it is.

It's absolutely bat poo poo how "to the right" Boehner was considered only 8-10 years ago. My only hope is Accelerationism and considering his party now considers him a pandering RINO, maybe we're closer to the end than originally thought.

Go ahead and close the government.

a bone to pick posted:

The American people need to just start loving murdering these motherfuckers, they really think they can get away with anything. I'm so loving sick of forking over 25%+ of my hard-earned cash on wars I don't support, money for ruthless dictators, and earmarks for fat senators. These guys need to start dropping like flies in the street, it might not accomplish much but it will show the rest that they can't keep spitting in the face of American citizens and get away with it.

Hard to disagree.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I hope someone even crazier, like a brazen tea party fascist takes his place, and torpedoes the GOP's chances for success in 2016

also yeah, they should honestly just be shot dead, like the kennedys. turnabout is fair play

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
ps: all you yanks please vote for trump, cannot stress this enough, the clownshow must go on

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

lorn Wayne posted:

ps: all you yanks please vote for trump, cannot stress this enough, the clownshow must go on

yeah I guess the only way we can top you guys and your pigfucker is to elect a literal pig

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
civil war 2: electric bugaloo

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Feranon posted:

yeah I guess the only way we can top you guys and your pigfucker is to elect a literal pig

precisely!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i think we should elect a bald eagle

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Feranon posted:

I guess the relations between the US and the UK will be the best ever if this happens.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

lmao why are you guys having another shutdown??????

Obama created a nanny state so it shouldn't surprise everyone that all politicans are babies

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Lol at how the loony bin right is tearing the sane right apart like a pack of rabid hyenas. Give it four more years and the two alternatives are gonna be full communism now or a supply side jesus caliphate.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

i think we should elect a bald eagle

I would vote for Sam - maybe ABC will cancel the show and free him up to run?

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
The only real option is going to be Armed Revolution or Hide in a bunker.

Followed by terrible decisions we have come again.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Nathilus posted:

Lol at how the loony bin right is tearing the sane right apart like a pack of rabid hyenas. Give it four more years and the two alternatives are gonna be full communism now or a supply side jesus caliphate.

I've been waiting for the GOP to split (or a poo poo ton of Rs to become Ds like we saw in the 60s when Southern Dems became Republicans) for a few years now. I so hope the primaries and GOP nomination are the final straw.

Paul Ryan said he doesn't want the job. Gotta wonder about his reasoning there.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Poor Boehner. He invited the pope to speak before congress who then spent an hour advocating everything republicans work against.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
This thread is making me crave a nice ripe juicy withered dried-up old orange. :boehner:

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Poor Boehner. He invited the pope to speak before congress who then spent an hour advocating everything republicans work against.

the jesus of the bible is a real rear end in a top hat to the GOP platform

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

it does require fictional characters to actually live those ideals tho it seems.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shadow posted:

the jesus of the bible is a real rear end in a top hat to the GOP platform

they love supply side jesus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc-LJ_3VbUA

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

this was great

"leprosy is a matter of personal responsibility" :lol:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hell Yeah posted:

i had sexual congress with the ops mom and lost my boner after i came

I was in session for this

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
If the next speaker is a Tea Party nut, literally nothing will be accomplished over the course of the next year.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

If the next speaker is a Tea Party nut, literally nothing will be accomplished over the course of the next year.

lol nigga poo poo aint accomplished now

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

vyst posted:

lol nigga poo poo aint accomplished now

Nah, they still get some non-binding bullshit through.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Good. In fact, the worse the better. It's time people started suffering so we put an end to this. No one REALLY gives a poo poo about the troops because the people who COULD do something about it didn't have to deal with it. If we had a Draft, their sons, brothers, fathers, cousins would have been sent to a war they didn't believe in. Instead we had a volunteer poor-person army that people pay lip service to at baseball games and facebook but really don't a give a gently caress about.

Let the GOP push people to the edge.

Edit: the troops was just a low hanging fruit example. let poor people no longer get iphones on credit and let's actually take away their "entitlements" and see what happens.

Shadow fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 25, 2015

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
It can only get worse.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Philthy posted:

It can only get worse.

GOOD. We're too loving comfortable. As an upper middle class person (ridiculous that my salary puts me there) we are complacent due to said comfort and the working class are pacified enough to not cause any problems. Myself included, we need to light a fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerationism

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
So Republican Party leadership uses social issues to get elected by its voters indirectly supporting racism, bigotry, etc., but really only serves its financial supporters/ulterior motives once elected, pays lip service to that xenophobic fundamentalist voter base, who finally catch on. They elect a few tea party shill politicians that pretend to be what they are about. Boehner will prob just leave and get replaced by a new person that'll do the same thing, duping their voter base for decades to come. The Republican party is adamantly in support of its financial supporters, and the tea party politicians are probably still just shills designed to dupe the voter base again.

I doubt it will get worse. Rich folk are pretty good about looking out for their own interests, and the conservative media will probably over the short term shift opinion. Everybody is just saving face while they figure out what to do next to see if it will work to get themselves back in the lead/avoid their voter base turning on them and breaking their system. Boehner is just the "fall guy" for now, somebody to point fingers at so they can make their voters believe it will be different this time around.

That's my guess.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Runaktla posted:

So Republican Party leadership uses social issues to get elected by its voters indirectly supporting racism, bigotry, etc., but really only serves its financial supporters/ulterior motives once elected, pays lip service to that xenophobic fundamentalist voter base, who finally catch on. They elect a few tea party shill politicians that pretend to be what they are about. Boehner will prob just leave and get replaced by a new person that'll do the same thing, duping their voter base for decades to come. The Republican party is adamantly in support of its financial supporters, and the tea party politicians are probably still just shills designed to dupe the voter base again.

I doubt it will get worse. Rich folk are pretty good about looking out for their own interests, and the conservative media will probably over the short term shift opinion. Everybody is just saving face while they figure out what to do next to see if it will work to get themselves back in the lead/avoid their voter base turning on them and breaking their system. Boehner is just the "fall guy" for now, somebody to point fingers at so they can make their voters believe it will be different this time around.

That's my guess.

I agree overall, but the rate at which the party is moving to the right suggests that it's going to eventually hit a point of no return.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
obama should suspend habeas corpus, arrest all republican voters and officials for thought crimes, and send them to reeducation camps, imo

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
somebody had to be in charge to compromise with the democrats to obtain some of the things the republicans' masters wanted but their voters did not. boner just happened to be in that position and had to take the focus of the rage of the shrieking bloated albinoid apes as a result. he will retire and get some ten-million-dollar-a-year bullshit board of directors position at one of the masters in payment of his services, and be replaced with someone in the same role who will do the same thing.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

wait, boner was the compromising one? gently caress all i remember is another news story every few months going "boner wants to kill kittens, no actually just your kittens" and that's a compromise these days? drat

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

CrashCat posted:

wait, boner was the compromising one? gently caress all i remember is another news story every few months going "boner wants to kill kittens, no actually just your kittens" and that's a compromise these days? drat

he compromised on very few things but reminder that any compromise was with Muslim Satan

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

CrashCat posted:

Yeah... the party has moved that far to the right that Boehner was considered "moderate"... someone who would work "across aisles."

Sad, huh?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
its spelled "Boehner" op

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
oh wait I got it just now. clever.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
he was an obama lackey, good to see him gone

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

american politics is loving hilarious because our liberal party would be considered pretty loving conservative in most parts of the world, and our conservative party would be considered a far right fringe party. and our far right fringe party is just considered terrifying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Tuxedo Gin posted:

american politics is loving hilarious because our liberal party would be considered pretty loving conservative in most parts of the world, and our conservative party would be considered a far right fringe party. and our far right fringe party is just considered terrifying

• Locked thread