Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tuxedo Gin posted:

american politics is loving hilarious because our liberal party would be considered pretty loving conservative in most parts of the world, and our conservative party would be considered a far right fringe party. and our far right fringe party is just considered terrifying

Even UK tories found Sarah Palin to be scary and hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

our far right reactionaries are basically nazis

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Enfield posted:

he was speaker of the house not a computer janitor

lmao its the only job to make IT work look taxing.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
boy boner sure did work great across the isles! i mean look at how quickly he managed to sort out that whole government shutdown he created!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

CrashCat posted:

wait, boner was the compromising one? gently caress all i remember is another news story every few months going "boner wants to kill kittens, no actually just your kittens" and that's a compromise these days? drat

He compromised/gave in enough that Republicans are all over TV cheering at the announcement.

It's going to get worse.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
boehner resigning is actually the best way to avoid a government shutdown (until next year)

because now he can actually do poo poo until October

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ded posted:

boy boner sure did work great across the isles! i mean look at how quickly he managed to sort out that whole government shutdown he created!

Best thing about the last shutdown is how Ted Cruz sabotaged the GOP's strategy.

In the end they got nothing, even though the Kentucky turtle got a few million dollars in pork spending out of the deal.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
what a bunch of clowns

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...

hahaha mean mug

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tuxedo Gin posted:

american politics is loving hilarious because our liberal party would be considered pretty loving conservative in most parts of the world, and our conservative party would be considered a far right fringe party. and our far right fringe party is just considered terrifying

In God We Trust. It's on the loving money man

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

waht the republican party needs now more than ever is less leadership

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Luitpold posted:

hahaha mean mug

Dude in the back just farted and Boehner can smell it

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I hope he announces his candidacy for president.

Like the reverse of dudes who run for president AND the congressional seat as a fallback.

EDIT - Nice headline word choice: In an exclusive interview, House Speaker John Boehner says he's resigned himself to trying to make Washington work

John Boehner posted:

“Garbage men get used to the smell of bad garbage. Prisoners learn how to become prisoners, all right... You can teach yourself to do anything, especially if you’re committed to a cause. I came to Washington to fight for a smaller, less costly and more accountable government.”

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 26, 2015

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
the pope is responsible for this, btw

he made boehner cry with his moving speech, boehner meeters w the pope privately yesterday and the next morning (according to him) literally wakes up and thinks "im gonna resign today"

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
if there is one thing catholics know it's how to shame an errant boner

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

rezatahs posted:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

rezatahs posted:

they don't shame it, they just sent it to another diocese

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FCKGW posted:

Pope makes Boehner soft, pulls out.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded

Harald posted:

its spelled "Boehner" op

The spell-checker sez it's Boner.

And it's pronounced "COACH!" said ex - Mayor of NY Koch.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Not really, this a dumb meme.

Reminder that Australia is literally led by a George W Bush clone right now.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
lol what meme? dems are center-right and repubes are far-right on the world political spectrum

get a brian moran

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

rezatahs posted:

lol what meme? dems are center-right and repubes are far-right on the world political spectrum

get a brian moran

The "world" if you exclude every developing nation, and lots of Europe these days since they're producing such gems as:

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

computer parts posted:

The "world" if you exclude every developing nation, and lots of Europe these days since they're producing such gems as:

no. the world as in the world. do you seriously think our two right wing parties are chasms apart because for a guy with a sanders avatar that's pretty loving hilarious

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

rezatahs posted:

no. the world as in the world.

Tell me how the CCP is radically leftist in any way other than rhetoric.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
lol what

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

I'll make it easy for you: point out the parts of Asia that are meaningfully to the left of the US. Then do it for Africa. Then do Latin America if you want.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Doctor J Off posted:

obama should suspend habeas corpus, arrest all republican voters and officials for thought crimes, and send them to reeducation camps, imo

This is LITERALLY the ONLY thing that would fix America, at this point.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

dont send them to camps, just send them to syria to experience the results of their policies

give their homes/jobs to refugees

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

computer parts posted:

I'll make it easy for you: point out the parts of Asia that are meaningfully to the left of the US. Then do it for Africa. Then do Latin America if you want.

i'll make it super easy for myself and completely disengage from this because if you honestly don't already know this yourself, immediately leap to china as what you assumed i thought was a leftist government, and don't see how far skewed to the right politics are in america then this already an effort in futility.

enjoy "holding your nose" for that HRC vote in 2016

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014
I can only hope that whoever takes his spot is more expeditious in bringing us to the point of literally killing each other en mass. Kind of a modern rehash of that party we threw in the 1860's.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

rezatahs posted:

i'll make it super easy for myself and completely disengage from this because if you honestly don't already know this yourself, immediately leap to china as what you assumed i thought was a leftist government, and don't see how far skewed to the right politics are in america then this already an effort in futility.

enjoy "holding your nose" for that HRC vote in 2016

He's not a Sanders supporter, also you a bitch

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

computer parts posted:

You idiots are both right. There has been an increasing surge in nationalist and neoliberal national leadership that's hit Europe pretty hard lately which makes the US seem slightly more sane by comparison, but then again several factions of current mainstream us conservatism are insanely hard right even by the standards of what has become an increasingly regressive everyone else. The primacy of god's law over the law of man in the context of national government isn't something that is often taken seriously outside the kinds of theocratic hellholes we like sanctioning and/or bombing, our conservative foreign policy people are insanely hawkish, and we have a sizeable faction that's literally calling for the dismantlement of federal government. It does get more pants-making GBS threads crazy than that elsewhere, but not too many elsewheres.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Hell Yeah posted:

i had sexual congress with the ops mom and lost my boner after i came

Sexual Congress sounds like a cool band name

Also iirc the Kama sutra talked about sexual congress a lot

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Shadow posted:

I agree overall, but the rate at which the party is moving to the right suggests that it's going to eventually hit a point of no return.

That point of no return was around November 4, 2008.

The fact that a well-spoken African American senator could become president made them lose their minds.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That Robot posted:

Sexual Congress sounds like a cool band name

Also iirc the Kama sutra talked about sexual congress a lot

Suspended congress is my jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

computer parts posted:

Reminder that Australia is literally led by a George W Bush clone right now.

that guy got kicked out five days before he was eligible for a pension :laffo:

• Locked thread