Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
they don't even gently caress their sheep here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

okay I guess technically they are in fact literally inbred but when you say it like that it makes it sound like modern finns are loving their sisters and uncles

"animal husbandry" sounds like they're loving their livestock :stare:

Svdl
May 9, 2006

Around the world
I love my miserable cold dead inbred country

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Nauta posted:

also if you speak finnish in a swedish crowd you get really dirty looks

because if any more finnish-speakers move into their country they'll have to go officially bilingual

they're running out of invented finnish dialects to divide immigrants into so finns don't pass a threshold for % speakers

pls keep sweden swedish, tia

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

swedish sounds dumb as hell tho

Bork borkl bork

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

hard counter posted:

pls keep sweden swedish, tia

2 late.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Here's an interesting fact about every single notable Finn in history ever: they spoke Swedish and/or were actually Swedish :smuggo:.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

i cant name a single famous swedish person other than the swedish chef. meanwhile, finland has been churning out the greatest racecar drivers in the world for decades

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
:henget: I speak Swedish, my Finnish is much worse

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
what about alfred loving nobel you retard

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

poopzilla posted:

i cant name a single famous swedish person other than the swedish chef. meanwhile, finland has been churning out the greatest racecar drivers in the world for decades

um you're forgetting the literal messiahs of the millenial generation, pewdiepie and minecraft founder fedora dude

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

that was like a thousand years ago

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

is finnish of swedish woman more frigid in bed?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

etalian posted:

is finnish of swedish woman more frigid in bed?

all swedes are gay

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

poopzilla posted:

finland has been churning out the greatest racecar drivers in the world for decades

"Hmmm if I drive fast with reckless abandon either I win the petty race or I die mangled up in a terrible crash... heh checkmate, life" :smug:

- a typical finn

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

hard counter posted:

"Hmmm if I drive fast with reckless abandon either I win the petty race or I die mangled up in a terrible crash... heh checkmate, life" :smug:

- a typical finn

makes sense to me

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Here's an interesting fact about every single notable Finn in history ever: they spoke Swedish and/or were actually Swedish :smuggo:.

Take this guy for example. Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim. Greatest loving Finn in history. Single-handedly fought off the Soviets. And I quote:

“Besides his mother tongue, Swedish, Mannerheim learned to speak Finnish, Russian, French, German and English. However, due to his great intellect, Mannerheim forgot most of the Finnish he had learned as a child, as it was a stupid retard idiot language for mongoloids. In fact, he spoke Finnish with a strong accent and in the Civil War depended on a translator.”

Some loving Finn.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
tbf their Hockey teams have been mostly Finnish.

on the other hand they can't play Hockey for poo poo, so

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
i would touch a finn

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

tbf their Hockey teams have been mostly Finnish.

on the other hand they can't play Hockey for poo poo, so

if finnish hockey teams were actually swedish tho they might be able to punch above their bronze or nothing bracket

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

hard counter posted:

if finnish hockey teams were actually swedish tho they might be able to punch above their bronze or nothing bracket

*drops gloves*

lets go motherfucker

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

watch as the wild finn quickly resorts to confused violence when confounded by facts

watch and pity the savage finn

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

some idiot posted:

what about Moomin everybody loves that poo poo and it's Finnish as gently caress!!!

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
at a previous job i nearly got to go on a trip to lund in sweden and i was looking forward to it but then i got downgraded to going alone to helsinki and i was like gently caress me i'd chew my leg off to avoid going to that wasteland

it got cancelled anyway. i still feel cheated that i never got to go to lund via copenhagen

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

vug posted:

at a previous job i nearly got to go on a trip to lund in sweden and i was looking forward to it but then i got downgraded to going alone to helsinki and i was like gently caress me i'd chew my leg off to avoid going to that wasteland

it got cancelled anyway. i still feel cheated that i never got to go to lund via copenhagen

'lund' is urdu for 'dick', figures you'd want to go there heh

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

"B-b-but what about Linus Torvalds, driving force behind Linux and-" NOPE!

"Surely Sibelius, only famous Finnish composer ever to-" GUESS AGAIN!

"I know for a fact though, that Finns make really good race car drivers, take Marcus Grönholm for exa-" LOL!

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
Are Finnish guys hot

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

Are Finnish guys hot

http://per-looks.tumblr.com/

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

"B-b-but what about Linus Torvalds, driving force behind Linux and-" NOPE!

"Surely Sibelius, only famous Finnish composer ever to-" GUESS AGAIN!

"I know for a fact though, that Finns make really good race car drivers, take Marcus Grönholm for exa-" LOL!

Räikkönen and Häkkinen are peak Finnish though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqy4uClJcs4

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

My mom told me that when growing up Norwegian TV used to broadcast Finnish television theater during the day. She describes it as being minimalist and absurd, basically just a stage with some chairs and people drinking and arguing and someone committing suicide at the end.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's similar to the way the greeks look at the Macedonians.

Of course if finn is successful swedish will say it's because he raised in the right country aka not Finland

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Shadow posted:

"animal husbandry" sounds like they're loving their livestock :stare:

Nah, that's the English.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

Are Finnish guys hot

Out of these four Finnish politicians, three have pure Finnish blood. Real Finnish Finns, as it were. One has a dash of Swede in him.

Can you tell which one?

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 25, 2015

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I used to have notions of moving to Finland, I think the language is very beautiful and I like their metal music.
But then I read that like most anywhere they hate Americans, so nevermind.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

actually its this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjZ1B897Tuk

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

remigious posted:

I used to have notions of moving to Finland, I think the language is very beautiful and I like their metal music.
But then I read that like most anywhere they hate Americans, so nevermind.

They hate the American stereotype and likely the American government. If you can act like a normal human being*, you'll be fine.

* <insert lolgoon joke here>

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Well that is comforting. If my life in the states ever goes tits up I shall fall back on my original plan to move to Finland and marry Tony Kakko :)

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

People don't hate Americans, they hate retard nationalists.

You could probably even live in Iran if you act like a decent human being and stay out of politics.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Ekster posted:

People don't hate Americans, they hate retard nationalists.

You could probably even live in Iran if you act like a decent human being and stay out of politics.

Only if entitled (to dat sweet sweet oil moneys)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Out of these four Finnish politicians, three have pure Finnish blood. Real Finnish Finns, as it were. One has a dash of Swede in him.

Can you tell which one?

the guy who isn't an uber-manlet

• Locked thread