Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrare

"Tarrare (c. 1772 – 1798), sometimes spelled Tarare, was a French showman and soldier, noted for his unusual eating habits. Able to eat vast amounts of meat, he was constantly hungry; his parents could not provide for him, and he was turned out of the family home as a teenager. He travelled France in the company of a band of thieves and prostitutes, before becoming the warm-up act to a travelling charlatan; he would swallow corks, stones, live animals and a whole basket full of apples. He then took this act to Paris where he worked as a street performer.

...he agreed to submit to any procedure that would cure his appetite, and was treated with laudanum, tobacco pills, wine vinegar and soft-boiled eggs. The procedures failed, and doctors could not keep him on a controlled diet; he would sneak out of the hospital to scavenge for offal in gutters, rubbish heaps and outside butchers' shops, and attempted to drink the blood of other patients in the hospital and to eat the corpses in the hospital morgue. "

I bet some of you seasoned (;)) chefs would LOVE to try to fill this guy up with your heartiest meal, so what'll it be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
I am excited to see what this forum can "cook" up!

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp
homemade baconator

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
For the less comedy-inclined posters here, share your most belly-filling and hunger-satisfying recipes that are guaranteed to leave you forcing more down your throat even as your sides split like monsieur Creasote

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
Maybe some food that expands in the stomach once ate? Would it be possible to do something with yeast to make that happen but still be somewhat edible?

He sounds like he would be a fan of Steak-Juice (not water) though.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Maybe some food that expands in the stomach once ate? Would it be possible to do something with yeast to make that happen but still be somewhat doable?

He sounds like he would be a fan of Steak-Juice (not water) though.

I remember watching a film years ago about communist china in the early 20th C and there was a scene where a guy, having been starved half to death, desperately eats stacks of bread rolls with hot water to drink. He is later hospitalized as a result, since the bread swole in his stomach and distended it...

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

les fleurs du mall posted:

I remember watching a film years ago about communist china in the early 20th C and there was a scene where a guy, having been starved half to death, desperately eats stacks of bread rolls with hot water to drink. He is later hospitalized as a result, since the bread swole in his stomach and distended it...

So maybe we get this gentleman some rolls and steak-water then? If it distended this normal dudes stomach it'll fill the big boy we're dealing with up a little I'd assume. Least till he BM's.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

AbbadonOfHell posted:

So maybe we get this gentleman some rolls and steak-water then? If it distended this normal dudes stomach it'll fill the big boy we're dealing with up a little I'd assume. Least till he BM's.

it could work but i'm hoping for more culinarily impressive recipes than beef fluid and rolls...

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
As I remember his history he was suffering from a very specific mental disease, and when died he was basically a puss-filled bag of ulcers, so I guess I would mainly feed him on milk derived products (high ph), rotted cheese (penicillum) and a very filling, non harmful diet of phyllium husks boiled to a porridge.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Happy Hat posted:

As I remember his history he was suffering from a very specific mental disease, and when died he was basically a puss-filled bag of ulcers, so I guess I would mainly feed him on milk derived products (high ph), rotted cheese (penicillum) and a very filling, non harmful diet of phyllium husks boiled to a porridge.

what about if you got to him before he was a puss-filled bag of ulcers, still young and healthy and not jaded by the world's inability to adequately feed him?

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

it could work but i'm hoping for more culinarily impressive recipes than beef fluid and rolls...

Oh totally it was just a jumping off point for how the nicer food could be prepared in similar fashion. Least on the dessert end of things maybe.

Sounds like the dude had pica as well.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

what about if you got to him before he was a puss-filled bag of ulcers, still young and healthy and not jaded by the world's inability to adequately feed him?

This is still a question of minimizing caloric intake, while dealing with his cravings (as far as I remember it wasn't his feeling of being sated that was damaged, but rather that he had cravings for stuff that was highly abnormal and damaging) - I would try to do so by still keeping him over fed on phyllium husks, and subsequently try to replace his cravings with something that to him would, seemingly, be as nutritious as the diet that he did crave.

Alternatively I would train him from young to eat leaf celery, and get it eradicated from the planet, because gently caress that poo poo.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Happy Hat posted:

This is still a question of minimizing caloric intake, while dealing with his cravings (as far as I remember it wasn't his feeling of being sated that was damaged, but rather that he had cravings for stuff that was highly abnormal and damaging) - I would try to do so by still keeping him over fed on phyllium husks, and subsequently try to replace his cravings with something that to him would, seemingly, be as nutritious as the diet that he did crave.

Alternatively I would train him from young to eat leaf celery, and get it eradicated from the planet, because gently caress that poo poo.

From the wiki it sounds like he just had insatiable hunger and nothing would fill him up which is why he ended up resorting to eating "offal out of gutters"

there might be other things he could've been trained to eat too - wasps maybe

starting to feel like this guy was a real missed opportunity for some social justice

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

I don't think pica is associated with meat tbh.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
When I'm faced with an audience of nearly unlimited appetite and extremely limited taste, I find cacio e pepe works every time. If they demand meat, aglio e olio where the "olio" is bacon grease.

If you have a separate bathroom, various coconut oil heavy "no bake" cookies or just plain flourless tortes work well too.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I'd probably start out with a stack of $5 Hot and Readies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Shbobdb posted:

If you have a separate bathroom,

The entire store I'm in is looking at me because I laughed so hard at this.

• Locked thread