Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Can you think of any cases where a person named Chad has been good? Every Chad I know is terrible. Do they become terrible because their name is Chad, in a self fulfilling prophecy sort of way?

What are the ethics of naming your child Chad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I've only met two Chads, one was an art plagiarizer and the other cheated on my sister.

Step it up, Chads. You're 0 for 2 here..

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The name Chad evokes disgust from me

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
even the country is a third world poo poo hole

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I challenge any one of you to identify a person named Chad who has been a net positive for the world.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
tbf I cheated on your sister too

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
not trying to be a chad-knight here, just saying that a lot of people have used & discarded your sister when someone better (anyone) came along and it shouldn't necessarily reflect on chads

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

No. There are no good chads.

I've never met a man named Lance that wasn't a douchebag, homosexual, or both.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
also I cheated on your sister with your mom ;)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I know two Chads and their are nice guys

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I've never known a cool Chad. I've known a cool Brad but the majority of them have been douches.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

A good start imo

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Brads are worse than Chads. Chads are rare shitflakes, Brads are a common, everyday failure of the white race.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
chad lowe is the brother of tv's rob lowe. he seems like a pretty cool dude. i bet he's good. cool and good.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
otherwise smoobles i am inclined to agree with you, very insightful observation tbh kudos on another smashing thread bud

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

My boss is named Chad and he is a good guy. I enjoy working for him and he is highly personable.

So yes.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

The only Chad I know reminds me now, in retrospect, of Tom Cruise. Small, intense, goal-oriented, always 'put together.'
He probably does something in real estate or is a lawyer these days.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
hum, only chad I knew was an actual dickhead too... really really makes me think OP

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
What about chad kroeger op

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

I have a good friend named Chad and he's a pretty awesome guy.

... his actual name is Charles, though - he just goes by Chad. So maybe that's why.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Dr. Eldarion posted:

I have a good friend named Chad and he's a pretty awesome guy.

... his actual name is Charles, though - he just goes by Chad. So maybe that's why.

I'm glad you have a cool friend, but I'm confused as to why anyone would choose to be called Chad.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

what is chad short for anyway? chadley?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

chard

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
Chadwick

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

yes

no

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

chadger

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

deweys psychotic red haired friend on malcolm in the middle who always has signs on that say no touching and careful this kid bites is named chad and i like him

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Celluloid Sam posted:

deweys psychotic red haired friend on malcolm in the middle who always has signs on that say no touching and careful this kid bites is named chad and i like him

lol

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Celluloid Sam posted:

Hey sid

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I knew a Chad. He wasn't good, but he was good in a bad sort of way.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

I was gonna make this joke.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hick Magnet posted:

I knew a Chad. He wasn't good, but he was good in a bad sort of way.

that sounds like chad

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
I know a Chad who called me up crying wanting to be a math teacher and not a piano virtuoso.

He ended up becoming a piano virtoso.

Last I know his wifes' family bought them a house to live in somewhere far away.

Hope that helps, OP!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i cant differntiate between real people and fictional characters and i wsnt to hang out with angry red haired chad

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Bluemillion posted:

I was gonna make this joke.

sorry man, didn't mean to chad you

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Baxter posted:

its all good nobody could read either of your intentions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Baxter posted:

It's all good. In every GBS thread there's a long line of people waiting to make 15 year old jokes. Hang on, I think I see a thread I can replay to with a reference to The Matrix.

• Locked thread