Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Bonus Videos

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

THREAD CONTEST BULLSHIT

All winners of thread contests will win 1 FREE copy of John Romero's DAIKATANA for Steam msrp $1.74. And you need that free copy of John Romero's DAIKATANA because all contest winners will be invited to make a guest appearance in the video for E4 Deathmatch! Winners can pass on the prize if they are bitches.

CONTEST ARE CLOSED. WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON.

Contest one: make an art of Usagi Miyamoto

Entrants:

Koishi Komeiji

NextSundayA.D. <---WINNER!

Silento Boborachi

Contest two: who is your waifu, and why?

Entrants:

Alexeythegreat - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3743712&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post454300904

ModeWondershot - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743712&pagenumber=4#post454503835

HOTLANTA MAN - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3743712&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post454526559

CommissarMega - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3743712&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post454565707 <---WINNER!

Silento Boborachi - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743712&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post454797794

CragiK - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743712&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post454800049

Chronojam - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3743712&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post455346427

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 30, 2016

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

GET IN THE DAMN CRAZY-BUS ARTHUR!
It's happening, AGAIN.

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
Just when you thought The Nightmare™ was over....

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

John Romero looks like someone's overweight aunt that the entire family knows is a lesbian despite her never saying as much. Also she has embarrassing facial hair.

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
Maybe, but he does look like he aged...I'll be polite and say 'decently'.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im glad this is a thing

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

This time there will be no apologies, you all have to suck it down.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its so painful to look at the graphics in this loving game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
a speedrun of daikatana would be some weird guy would find a way to walk through a wall in the first level and it would teleport him to the end of the game or some poo poo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also im glad they decided to differentiate so well in the first level

green plants, green walls, green water, greenish weapons

its truly memorable

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

also im glad they decided to differentiate so well in the first level

green plants, green walls, green water, greenish weapons

its truly memorable

The Ion Blaster is not green it is greenish-brown I'll have you know.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i forgot how much of an abortion this was

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

Eonwe posted:

i forgot how much of an abortion this was

You should've kept on those rose tinted glasses, this is gonna be a long ride, and it all looks like a sewer.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
for full authenticity, it needs to be the n64 version.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

It's good to see this... back? Yeah, back. This game is unbearably ugly and in some ways I think it's even worse in HD since there's no hardware excuses for the way it looks, like being able to see a pimple on an actor's face in 1080p that used to be totally covered by makeup under 480i only 1000x worse. Try watching the old LP of this on the Let's Play Archive and you'll see what I mean.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

It's good to see this... back? Yeah, back. This game is unbearably ugly and in some ways I think it's even worse in HD since there's no hardware excuses for the way it looks, like being able to see a pimple on an actor's face in 1080p that used to be totally covered by makeup under 480i only 1000x worse. Try watching the old LP of this on the Let's Play Archive and you'll see what I mean.

As should be no surprise, the ugliness is more of an art direction thing than the game having bad textures. Sure all the textures are low-rez but the colors and the lighting are going to look just as horrible no matter what. And holy poo poo actually playing this game with a small resolution at a 4:3 aspect ratio is a nightmare. The HUD especially is really big and distracting at low resolution and 4:3.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I think the reason this was badly accepted is the name. It shoulda been called Livekatana. It would have a positive connotation to it.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

suck it down

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
stay safe bitch ghost

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

When did John Romero make a cameo on Bar Simpson's Bizarre Adventure? I don't remember that one.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

wat

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
stay safe green palette ghost

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

SucK it dowN tm

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

You know, they were never clear as to exactly what we're supposed to be sucking down. Does anyone have any idea as to what "it" is exactly?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

DoctorStrangelove posted:

You know, they were never clear as to exactly what we're supposed to be sucking down. Does anyone have any idea as to what "it" is exactly?

Well, John Romero is making us his bitch...

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Well, John Romero is making us his bitch...

:cumpolice:

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
The rockets he's expertly nailing you with in a high speed deathmatch, of course.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Suspicious posted:

The rockets he's expertly nailing you with in a high speed deathmatch, of course.

1v1 me bro

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Suspicious posted:

"high speed" multiplayer in this game especially.

It's okay if you guys want to give up on this LP though. A pro game like Dark Souls Daikatana isn't for everyone, I GUESS. :smuggo:

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

Such a dedicated OP.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I can't watch this without my buddy Superfly!

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

The we-so-tare-goh is so important that we must deploy a brigade of robo skeeters to guard it or else anyone could stumble upon it down here in the sewers.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

You know, LP's usually have wordy intros these days, but you really said all that needed to be said.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

drkeiscool posted:

You know, LP's usually have wordy intros these days, but you really said all that needed to be said.

Yeah that's exactly why I went with such a minimalist approach.Most people don't read all the words and with Daikatana, you don't need to say anything that's not said better in The Ad.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Yeah that's exactly why I went with such a minimalist approach.Most people don't read all the words and with Daikatana, you don't need to say anything that's not said better in The Ad.

Or anything at all, really. Usually saying "Daikatana LP" brings everyone running with a giant bucket of popcorn no matter what happens.

Jesus Christ this game is poo poo.

e: Suck it dowN™

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 1, 2015

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
what does daikatana mean anyway? or is it just a cool mashup of "die" and "katana"

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

TubeStank posted:

what does daikatana mean anyway? or is it just a cool mashup of "die" and "katana"

Big Sword. Not "great sword" as that would mean something in this game makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

TubeStank posted:

A daikatana is a twohanded katana created by the Akavir, and later used by the Imperial Blades in the Third Era of Tamriel.

• Locked thread