Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

Handuar posted:

While we wait for the next video I have a great announcement that showed up in my email two hours ago.

CONGRATULATIONS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
RahXephon was much better and you buggers know it.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

Handuar posted:

While we wait for the next video I have a great announcement that showed up in my email two hours ago.

CONGRATULATIONS (oh god the forum exploded there and double posted)

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Handuar posted:

That's so hosed up.

But not as hosed up as what's being delivered later today, the E1DM video!

edit: chip cheezum posted this on twitter. Thought it was relevant:

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 5, 2015

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Ah yes, the industry-standard trackball-and-joystick control layout. I for one never settle for less than dual throttle control when I'm playing FPS games.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Remember when loving trackballs were all the rage

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I played Quake 3 with a trackball back in the day. No joystick. It was, not as bad as you'd expect once you got used to it, but a proper mouse is still superior.

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

GET IN THE DAMN CRAZY-BUS ARTHUR!
I need people to start putting as much effort into watching as I do into recording. Ideally more effort than me would be preferred.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Finally got around to watching DM, that was a hoot! Makes me nostalgic for DM from good games.

"DUMBASS"

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
New update when

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

The SP may be mind numbing but MP was actually fun to play even though it was my first time in control of my own guy.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

The DM looked like a hoot just because of the sheer amount of fuckery going on between you 3. And the bullshit instances. All that C4.

Also the hilarious "no it's a custom map guys!! John Romero wouldn't make something this bad" insistence. :-D

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

DM would have been good if it wasn't for the maps sucking rear end (most of the official maps are acceptable, we got really unlucky) and for the C4 Vizatergo being OP as gently caress. E2 doesn't have any C4 equivalent but there is one weapon in E2 that will probably make DM a big mess.

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

... a big mess.

I ain't afraid a no snakes. yet :ocelot:

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

DM would have been good if it wasn't for the maps sucking rear end (most of the official maps are acceptable, we got really unlucky) and for the C4 Vizatergo being OP as gently caress. E2 doesn't have any C4 equivalent but there is one weapon in E2 that will probably make DM a big mess.

Can you RIDE THE ROCKET in episode 2?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Aww yissss cheap anime

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Anime's Gonna Make You Its Bitch

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

Careful now, anime is no joke, it can wreck your life.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Handuar posted:

Careful now, anime is no joke, it can wreck your life.

This is correct. Anime related head-injuries are no laughing matter.

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

I'm gonna let you in on a secret, something related to the Lenin Railway might eventually possibly maybe could get a let's play in the near distant future.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

unreal 2k4 >>>>>> any quake and that's a fact jack

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

TubeStank posted:

unreal 2k4 >>>>>> any quake and that's a fact jack

:agreed:

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

I can't leave without Mikiko

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Big news everyone!

Square Enix, makers of such fine software products as Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 have deemed it appropriate to put DAIKATANA on sale on Steam for only $1.74! :wow: You can get it right here - http://store.steampowered.com/app/242980/ and experience the legend for yourself instead of having to do it vicariously through me and my friends.

If $1.74 is still too much then you can get a free copy from one of the thread contests. Contest winners will also be able to appear in the Deathmatch video for Episode 4. See second post for details.

Also CQC's going on vacation next week and by the time he gets back it will be the last week of class for me so the Deathmatch video for Episode 2 might get delayed. But fortunately we were able to do commentary on the truly epic E2M4 already so there's not stopping that train.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

I knew all my work on this LP would pay off.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
This game is still bad

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

If it was good then no one would care.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

Handuar posted:

I knew all my work on this LP would pay off.

Today I found out that hunniepop is about 900 megs.

gently caress you strangelove.

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

DA PANET EARF posted:

Today I found out that hunniepop is about 900 megs.

gently caress you strangelove.

Actually, he only started the gift chain, the one you got was bought by me and intended for Arhnold, but alas, he rejected me.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I don't usually like to attach posts to the videos but I feel like I need to for this one. This is probably the most important episode in the whole LP, it's both the longest and worst level in the game and everything imaginable goes wrong in the worst way possible. I get that the 45 minute length is intimidating but you really do want to watch this one through to the end.

Second, I do have the next video all ready to go but because of my finals and other issues it might be a while after that one goes up before we can the E2DM and E3M1 videos up.

Third, ETA on The Stalin Subway is Eventually.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

This is a good LP, please discuss video cards more.

My fan art of Usagi Miyamoto is in my heart. You just need to believe me. I am now in this contest.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

wow i was way drunker than i remembered

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

should have used the dog song from silent hill 2

TitanG
May 10, 2015

Oh yes, this level
I've actually played daikatana like six times up to this point, it redefines terrible

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Does the daikatana stop hoovering XP once its fully levelled up, or is it set to permanently halt any stat growth the MC has whenever he uses it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Does the daikatana stop hoovering XP once its fully levelled up, or is it set to permanently halt any stat growth the MC has whenever he uses it?

It will steal XP forever. So you get it up to level 5 when it's actually useful and... then you don't want to use it because it steals your levels. What a horrible weapon.

• Locked thread