Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I went 3 years without seeing a dentist, because I was an uninsured temp during that time. In the 3rd year, I got a toothache that grew in intensity throughout the year. The pain was unbearable by the time I got my insurance lined up and got an appointment. I couldn't sleep well for two weeks. For the record, I brushed once a day and didn't floss for much of that time. I'd had friends go years without appointments and they all ended up needing fillings. One unlucky fellow needed $5000 of work.

Guess how much my loving thing cost to take care of?

$120, for an x-ray and some pills. All my teeth were completely fine. It was a sinus headache that cleared up with some antibiotics. I am a lucky goddamn sack of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Give me a slimy gumjob op

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
how does cum affect your teeth?

Amanda Huggensuck
Nov 8, 2012
Brush and Floss and see a dentist once or twice a year you gross rear end goons

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
So glad that I didn't share a drink with you. You should give hand written apologies to everyone that ever did. Have them tested. They should have just chopped your head off.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
You breath had to be the stuff of legends. Like your gums just gave up.

Aug 4, 2010

i hate my teeth, they lookt errible but im glad i still have them

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

drunkb posted:

You breath had to be the stuff of legends. Like your gums just gave up.

plum gave out

god bless

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

TwoFire posted:

plum gave out

god bless

Teeth

PILED HIGH

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
Maybe do less meth OP?

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
Had a wisdom tooth pushing through. Got x-ray, turned out it was first of the full four. Got referral to surgeon.

Next thing was a dental hospital. General anesthetic is the weirdest loving thing to wake up from. But local was worse in the end because it took eight hours before it was gone. I'm pretty sure the week's worth of codeine-based poo poo was some sort of bribe to stop me complaining about suffering through the anaesthetic, because the recovery pain was a joke compared to that mere annoyance.

Good thing I didn't know what I knew now, I'd have probably krocodil'd that poo poo on the stove and done it all at once...

Anyway, avoid getting operations in general. You don't always wake up from general anaesthetic, which is a good death sure but I know some people want to stay alive.

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
What made you finally go to the dentist op?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Have you thought about how you're way better at blowjobs now?

Like, I'm not saying you're gonna suck a dick, but have you at least realized that if you did, you'd be better at it now?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Brushing your teeth is a great way to keep them in your mouth. I'm 40, drink too much Mountain Dew and Coke, and have never had a cavity. However, I brush my teeth 1-2 times a day.

Hth, op so you can keep those other 6 teeth.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

The Whole Internet posted:

I went 3 years without seeing a dentist, because I was an uninsured temp during that time. In the 3rd year, I got a toothache that grew in intensity throughout the year. The pain was unbearable by the time I got my insurance lined up and got an appointment. I couldn't sleep well for two weeks. For the record, I brushed once a day and didn't floss for much of that time. I'd had friends go years without appointments and they all ended up needing fillings. One unlucky fellow needed $5000 of work.

Guess how much my loving thing cost to take care of?

$120, for an x-ray and some pills. All my teeth were completely fine. It was a sinus headache that cleared up with some antibiotics. I am a lucky goddamn sack of poo poo.

I went from 18 to 35 without going to the dentist due to living paycheck to paycheck and no insurance.

I had one small cavity in a wisdom tooth that grew in when I was about 20. The rest of me teeth were in great shape. Good genetic and diet I guess.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

has anyone made any blowjob jokes yet cause you could make a fortune sucking dick with those gums

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Scrolled through thread, didn't see a picture of your toothless mug.

Rated 1.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

remember that goon that had his braces removed but they had like hosed it all up and he ended up with like a shitload of cavities cause the braces removal pulled parts of all his teeth out

anyway, welp, cya

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Maybe just don't eat so much sugar in the next life.

Sorry about that. I may have problems with my mouth when I'm older. My parents stopped taking me to the dentist when I was young because of money. I can't see one now for the same reason. But hell, nothing hurts yet. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Flossing is for nerds. I brush but who has time for that poo poo?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

i mean lets be real its probably pretty good now lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

remember that goon that had his braces removed but they had like hosed it all up and he ended up with like a shitload of cavities cause the braces removal pulled parts of all his teeth out

anyway, welp, cya

No

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

a dog from hell posted:

Enjoy your gum disease!

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Enfield posted:

geez guess i need to start brushing my teeth now. thanks gross stranger

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Ran out of floss like a week ago and I keep forgetting to pick some up. I'm gonna go get some right now because gently caress.

Also, I really need to go to the dentist, it's been like five or six years.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Floss early, floss often!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Tuxedo Gin posted:

has anyone made any blowjob jokes yet cause you could make a fortune sucking dick with those gums

yeah i cant wait to put my dick in a rotten hole that smells like garbage

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

a dog from hell posted:

Maybe just don't eat so much sugar in the next life.

Sorry about that. I may have problems with my mouth when I'm older. My parents stopped taking me to the dentist when I was young because of money. I can't see one now for the same reason. But hell, nothing hurts yet. Maybe I'll get lucky.

get dental picks and keep them by your desk and floss.

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

artsy fartsy posted:

I'd like to know more about the condescending bitch dentist. A hygienist once scolded me like a little kid and I never went back to that office, either.

But if I had I could have just bitten her? Uuuggh, I never think of a snappy retort when I actually need it

"Do you brush your teeth? This is really bad. You should know better. Even without insurance, there really isn't an excuse."

Guess I showed her.

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

naem posted:

Did you have pain or any sign things were so bad?

Did you live on pure sugar?

Constant. After a while you get used to poo poo. My diet actually wasn't terrible. I generally dislike candy, pop, and other junk. Living on a soft diet for 4 days now and I'd kill for a steak.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

Orange Cat posted:

Woke up in the middle of it.

Staring at a bottle of oxy.

Eating ibuprofen instead.

Brush your god drat teeth. Ask away, I might answer.

<fake edit: sure every lovely thing said here is true.>

Why is your avatar "Garbage Dick?"

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/18/patient-dies-at-dentist-teeth-pulled_n_6709938.html

Could be worse. Also, teeth are terrible. Keep um clean, you gonna die from an abscess.

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

OctoberBlues posted:

Why kind of oxy did you get? Did they actually go beyond 5 mg mixed with acetaminophen?

Nope. 40 tabs, haven't touched it yet. Will probably die of liver failure. 800mg ibuprofen every couple hours and some tequila shots. I smoked for 20 or so years, afraid of anything remotely addictive.

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

Vitalis Jackson posted:

Why is your avatar "Garbage Dick?"

Why do you ask stupid rhetorical questions? This op is for you.

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

Dapper Dan posted:

get dental picks and keep them by your desk and floss.

My parents were bad. They asked me if I wanted braces at 8. I said no. They said "cool." They were buying me cigarettes at 14. Shrug.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

Orange Cat posted:

Why do you ask stupid rhetorical questions? This op is for you.

Wait, though. This was (in fact) a literal question. I see so many, many "Garbage Dicks" as avatars, and I am at a loss to explain why this is the case.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Vitalis Jackson posted:

Wait, though. This was (in fact) a literal question. I see so many, many "Garbage Dicks" as avatars, and I am at a loss to explain why this is the case.

Lowtax made the stupid newbie baby image OPSEC and deleted it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
That's hosed up OP hope you're doing okay ):

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

IronClaymore posted:

Had a wisdom tooth pushing through. Got x-ray, turned out it was first of the full four. Got referral to surgeon.

Next thing was a dental hospital. General anesthetic is the weirdest loving thing to wake up from. But local was worse in the end because it took eight hours before it was gone. I'm pretty sure the week's worth of codeine-based poo poo was some sort of bribe to stop me complaining about suffering through the anaesthetic, because the recovery pain was a joke compared to that mere annoyance.

Good thing I didn't know what I knew now, I'd have probably krocodil'd that poo poo on the stove and done it all at once...

Anyway, avoid getting operations in general. You don't always wake up from general anaesthetic, which is a good death sure but I know some people want to stay alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOjsb3OetyM&hd=1

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
They had to dislocate my jaw on my right side to extract my wisdoms, fuckers grew sideways. gently caress teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I have a sonicare toothbrush and a waterpik. Suck it nerds.

• Locked thread