Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

BigBoss posted:

I have a sonicare toothbrush and a waterpik. Suck it nerds.

Tell me more about the newest metalfag game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Enfield posted:

geez guess i need to start brushing my teeth now. thanks gross stranger

try setting them on fire, maybe thatll help

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Teeth grow plants.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I got my wisdom teeth taken out the actual procedure wasn't even a thing they just gave me some gas and I knocked out but the painkillers they gave me made me puke so I just had to take ibuprofen

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Darkman Fanpage posted:

do you at least get to keep the teeth they pulled?

You'd better hold on to those. The Tooth Fairy gon' make it rain under your pillow tonight!

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
OP I hope you feel better. In the long run you are probably good knowing yourself and not taking oxy's although when you are actually in pain you don't really enjoy them. Glad you are fixed up. Hope your life is easier now.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
op are you getting implant teeth or some sort of dentures or retainer thing or what? and then do you have to be careful about what you eat so you don't like accidentally take a bite of an apple or w/e and leave your teeth in it?

do you have to brush and floss fake teeth?

how does all this poo poo work?

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
http://imgur.com/gallery/KDho7

Maybe he or she plays hockey?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

jackyl posted:

op are you getting implant teeth or some sort of dentures or retainer thing or what? and then do you have to be careful about what you eat so you don't like accidentally take a bite of an apple or w/e and leave your teeth in it?

Sounds like hes getting a bridge or two, possibly dentures.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Hooded Reptile posted:

Teeth grow plants.

Nice, I hate the whole universe now.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
The only reason to floss regularly is to trick the hygienist into thinking you floss regularly, but since I never go to the dentist (haven't since 2008 maybe) I don't see the point. I have floss in the cupboard but only use it like once every few months. I do brush almost every day.

OP why did you go to the dentist in the first place, were you in pain? My teeth feel, smell, and generally look fine, and now I'm worried I might have 25 festering cavities I don't know about.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

NoWake posted:

My teeth feel, smell, and generally look fine, and now I'm worried I might have 25 festering cavities I don't know about.

This is usually the case, go see a dentist

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Orange Cat posted:

True.

I have a serious phobia of dentists. Totally should have sucked it up years ago.

This is so common. I'm glad I found a dentist who explicitly caters to idiot retards like myself. Glad I eventually god in before anything cancerous happened and I still have most of my roots even if the majority are capped. Bunch of root canals as well. Set me back like 13K plus a couple root canals for crowns that didn't take.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

A Stupid Baby posted:

This is so common. I'm glad I found a dentist who explicitly caters to idiot retards like myself. Glad I eventually god in before anything cancerous happened and I still have most of my roots even if the majority are capped. Bunch of root canals as well. Set me back like 13K plus a couple root canals for crowns that didn't take.

I knew of a dentist in Seattle my idiot boss went to who would knock out patients with gas before their cleanings, because they had too much anxiety to just let the dentist clean their mouths like a normal person. It cost a lot extra, but can you put a price on good dental hygiene? I guess it's not a rhetorical question for you because of the 13k

Also don't eat the OP, Alf avatar

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
http://wnep.com/2015/05/21/fla-dentist-accused-of-performing-unwanted-procedures-abusing-children-2/

You don't live in Florida do you?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
So is it dentures time or what

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

ElGroucho posted:

So is it dentures time or what

Complete upper denture. Partial lower.

Both temporary as I heal. The go in to talk replacements.

Implants at least for lower jaw seem to be good idea.

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

jackyl posted:

Retainer / dentures for now. Implants as my insurance will allow (can't exceed x durian 5 year period). Plan is to heal, get permanant dentures in, then start talking about lower implants.

With dentures you have relearn to speak and eat. I sound stupid.

Brush fake teeth yes.

Agreeable Employer
Apr 28, 2008

Hooded Reptile posted:

Teeth grow plants.

:stare:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Hooded Reptile posted:

Teeth grow plants.

ha

haah

AAAAAHH loving WHy

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Orange Cat posted:

My parents were bad. They asked me if I wanted braces at 8. I said no. They said "cool." They were buying me cigarettes at 14. Shrug.

ack :/ kind of tough when you have bad habits to start to change. with me sometimes i forget to brush at night and then i have dreams where all my teeth fall out, typically lucidly. it's pretty terrifying. i also grind my teeth and have dry mouth so i am always thinking about them.

also hydrogen peroxide makes a good mouth wash. if 3 percent is too strong for you then you can mix 50 percent with water to dilute. (you also shouldn't use 3 percent everyday as it might weaken enamel).

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Floss pickers like Plackers or the Reach flosser brush are way better and easier to use frequently than tape. Wrapping tape around my fingers was so tedious it put me off flossing so I would only do it once a month or so, now I floss every 2 days.

Tape is so arcane and superceded I don't know why its even still exists (besides the thick Oral B superfloss), it's like selling a toothbrush without a handle. Would you clean your teeth holding just the brush head up in your mouth?

Also tongue cleaning is important too. Quit using your toothbrush and buy an Ora-Brush, they're the best tongue cleaners on the planet.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Brush your nasty teeth, OP.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

psyman posted:

Also tongue cleaning is important too. Quit using your toothbrush and buy an Ora-Brush, they're the best tongue cleaners on the planet.

yeah, every day bad breath comes from sulfur compounds on the tongue. i used those lovely tongue scrapers on the floss picks but i will have to buy this. i also recently picked up a dental mirror and pick, which really helps when you think you have a problem and the mirror isn't doing much.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
lmbo if you don't like going to the dentist and the feel of A full and thorough cleaning and polishing

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Orange Cat posted:

I smoked for 20 or so years, afraid of anything remotely addictive.

Oh geez smoking destroys your teeth

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

mdm posted:

lmbo if you don't like going to the dentist and the feel of A full and thorough cleaning and polishing

Plus theres a chance a hot oral hygenist will clean your nasty rear end mouth.

Not guaranteed though.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

NoWake posted:

The only reason to floss regularly is to trick the hygienist into thinking you floss regularly, but since I never go to the dentist (haven't since 2008 maybe) I don't see the point. I have floss in the cupboard but only use it like once every few months. I do brush almost every day.

OP why did you go to the dentist in the first place, were you in pain? My teeth feel, smell, and generally look fine, and now I'm worried I might have 25 festering cavities I don't know about.

You probably have cavities. You won't know it until your teeth start falling apart or you have a sudden unexplainable pain in your jaw. I just had the dentist pull all of my teeth and had carbon fiber teeth implanted. Replaced my jaw with a carbon fiber jaw with titanium supports. I can chow through pop rocks like they are nothing.

I'm a big shot business guy so I also had a catheter and that poop bag thing installed. Cut a hole in my stomach so my butler can just push blended food into it. Now I don't have to pee, poop, or eat.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 2, 2015

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Yaos posted:

You probably have cavities. You won't know it until your teeth start falling apart or you have a sudden unexplainable pain in your jaw. I just had the dentist pull all of my teeth and had carbon fiber teeth implanted. Replaced my jaw with a carbon fiber jaw with titanium supports. I can chow through pop rocks like they are nothing.

I'm a big shot business guy so I also had a catheter and that poop bag thing installed. Cut a hole in my stomach so my butler can just push blended food into it. Now I don't have to pee, poop, or eat.

Youre a couple steps ahead of the soylent guy. Keep it up!

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

remember that goon that had his braces removed but they had like hosed it all up and he ended up with like a shitload of cavities cause the braces removal pulled parts of all his teeth out

anyway, welp, cya

Yes I do but I can't remember his name. He lost p much all his teeth. I remember reading his story where the hygienist was crying because she saw that the braces were pulling his teeth out in crumbling chunks.

Aphexmandelbrot.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=340316&highlight=dentist&pagenumber=1

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 2, 2015

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

quote:

Tooth after tooth, she removed the brackets. By the 4th one, she could really see the problem. She continued. Took her lab coat off in a cold sweat.
5th bracket - more tooth.
6th bracket - more tooth.
Ungodly pain.. then wet... wet.. she was crying on me, a tear hitting my face once or twice. She knew there was a problem, and -knew- this was causing me pain unlike that of which either of us knew.

:stonk:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Brush your teeth
every day
The very best care
will keep them there
And they'll never
ever go away

https://vimeo.com/12886475

naem
May 29, 2011

amityville anus posted:

Brush your teeth
every day
The very best care
will keep them there
And they'll never
ever go away

https://vimeo.com/12886475

I like this post better

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Orange Cat posted:

Retainer / dentures for now. Implants as my insurance will allow (can't exceed x durian 5 year period). Plan is to heal, get permanant dentures in, then start talking about lower implants.

Brush fake teeth yes.

are they metal? if they are metal you should file them down to points and then you can be like the "james bond" movie villain "jaws"

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
One time a patient had to choose between the antibiotics or the painkillers because of his financial situation.

He picked the painkillers and died from a brain infection.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Pitdragon posted:

are they metal? if they are metal you should file them down to points and then you can be like the "james bond" movie villain "jaws"

op seems more like an oddjob picker

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u

Orange Cat posted:

Brush fake teeth yes.
implant supported dentures would be a good compromise. Should be quite a bit cheaper than a full arch implant supported bridge, and a lot more comfortable than ordinary dentures

How old are you?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

MVP posted:

One time a patient had to choose between the antibiotics or the painkillers because of his financial situation.

He picked the painkillers and died from a brain infection.

And that man was albert einstein.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
I used to love the dentist when I was a kid, because my dentist was awesome. He was just an all around great guy, gentle and patient. But, he retired when I was in my early 20s, and the guy who replaced him, on my first visit hurt me so bad, I didn't go back to the dentist for 10 years. I went from loving to go, having two visits a year and no cavities to where I am now -- needing to be gassed and now with 8 cavities/fillings. All that despite brushing/flossing without visits.

I still worry that I'll need to get teeth removed because of the time I missed due to visits. I'm sorry, OP -- that sucks. At least you got it taken care of. I see people all the time who just don't...

This does remind me I need to make a dental appointment though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I haven't been to a dentist since my insurance changed about 3-4 years ago and my old dentist wasn't on my plan.

Every time I brush I spit out more blood than toothpaste so I'll be there with you soon OP.

• Locked thread