Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Art may occasionally be ANIME as heck.

Animated Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gSf4l3jHeA

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/soccer-spirits/id808137814
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.com2us.soccerspirits.normal2.freefull.google.global.android.common&hl=en

Clubs
AwfulSoccerSquad
BadAtSoccer

What is this game?
Soccer Spirits is a card collecting mobile game developed by BigBall published by Com2uS, where you form a team of players to participate in the fantasy sport known as soccer. The game is updated weekly with minor patches that either provide small balance changes, or just add an extra player or evolution. While every 2-3 months there seems to be a larger update which usually involves additional systems or reworks of features. The global version is updated side by side with the korean one so we're always at parity and not really behind in anything.

Gameplay
The game is like a turn based tug-of-war with some light strategy elements . Both sides form 3 lines that have 3 players each, you wrestle for control of the ball while breaking through those lines then shooting at the goalkeeper until they're knocked out. There is also a support player that varies depending on what gamemode you are playing, they can be freely moved to any line.

Your players will have commands based on whether they are controlling the ball or not

Penetrate(Ball)/Steal(No ball): Penetrate will have your player attempt to break through the enemy line dealing damage in the process, damage is based on dribble stat. Steal will damage the enemy based on your steal stat, if you KO the enemy you gain the ball and advance a line.
Pass/Block: Passes the ball to player with next highest action in your line, they gain a damage boost based on assisting player's pass stat. If you don't control the ball you may block everyone currently holds it decreasing their action instead.
Shoot: Is only available to your forward line, shoot at the GK to win! But if they survive the ball is in their possession.

Players also have an active ability that consumes spirit, what they do depends on their role

Currencies
Gold : The common currency, used for almost everything, training/evolving your players, upgrading spirit stones, and scouting for new players.
GP : Uncommon currency from CoD, PvP matches, and selling players of 3*s or higher. Used for the purchase of players in scouts and entry for PvP league matches.
Crystals : Premium currency of the game, gained from achievements, from CoD weekly, and advancing through galaxy leagues. Theres usually some monthly event that throws them at you also. Used to either refill your resources, expand the number of players you hold, or draw for more players.
Dimension Stones : The premiumer premium currency, comes with most crystal purchases, gained in CoD weekly, or advancing in PVP leagues. Its best not to worry about them as they take ages to acquire. Can be used to purchase almost anything thats not from an event.

Gamemodes
Storymode : Progress through chapters for minor crystal rewards. Completing a chapter opens up free matches which is basically the same thing as the chapter you've completed , except now with extra one-time rewards for fulfilling certain conditions and auto-battle enabled. Players up to 4*s are able to drop here.

Space Time Continuum : Event matches that change daily, farm for EXP/evolution materials here. While rival players and bosses rotate bi-weekly. Completing rival matches gives you a chance for the player to drop. Boss matches are alittle different, while they still take place over two weeks, you play against their minions over 10 weekdays for materials and Boss Points(BP). Collect BP to exchange for various goods like the boss itself, EXP/Stat/Evo materials. The boss matches will actually be available for two days over the weekend where you play against the boss with a fairly low chance of the boss dropping.

Occasionally will be a superb boss, these guys are catered towards the endgame and are really difficult. Losing 10 matches against this boss drops their stats by 5%. Beating the match will assure you the boss card, superb bosses skills are usually better than average but in some gimmicky way.

Colosseum of Despair : A challenge/puzzle mode where you progress through and match against increasingly stat bloated teams. Figuring out how to abuse and break the game helps getting through the higher levels. Occasionally you will run into champions who usually drop a 3* or Elizabeth. Depending on how far you make it compared to other players and you'll receive some crystals and d.stones weekly.

Galaxy League : While not direct PVP you play against AI controlled versions of other players teams. You've got arena where you work on building up a win streak for better rewards that cap at 12 wins. Then theres the Galaxy Super League, you have no control of your players here. Instead you pit your AI controlled team against the opponent's. You aim to win 4 matches to increase your rating and advance through the leagues. Advancing a league rewards crystals and d.stones while at the end of the season you'll get some player upgrade materials. A season is about 2 months with two weeks lost to the pre-season.

Clubs
Clubs are just guilds but room is extremely limited and leveling only provides one extra slot every odd level. Once daily you can check-in getting some gold and ST to run more stuff with while clubs themselves gain 1 EXP form each check-in. Additionally there's a few passive buffs including a bonus to players base stats and bonus gold/exp from matches. So you should try to be in a in club at all times. It seems like there'll be some kinda club matches in the future as theres some UI for it.

Acquiring players
Crystal Draw : The gacha, 30 crystals for a single draw or 300 crystals for a 10+1 draw. Theres some psuedo RNG safety net, with the base rate for a 5* being 5% increasing slightly for each non-5* you roll and resetting upon getting a 5*. And you do get a free draw every 72 hours.
Rivals/Bosses: You'll find these players in the Space Time Continuum, generally their stats/skills maybe slightly lower than average but its easier to get multiple copies for upgrading. Making them excellent spotfillers till you find that certain player you really need.
Dailies : Do your dailies and you'll get a draw box that contains a 3*-6* player, the odds of drawing a 5* are probably around 3-5%.
Scouting : Its like slots were you free roll every 2 hours or spend 15k gold, up to 5 players/spirit stones/materials will come up. Now you don't own whatever comes up, instead you can spend GP to purchase them. Or if you don't see anything of interest keep rolling till something good comes around. You can find the majority of players in scouting with enough patience, however it will be difficult hunting for specific players as it is still a lottery.

The "This Week's Scout Info" is a button you can tap to see what super rare legendary player may appear during the week, mind you they are stupidly rare and most people never see one in the months they've been playing.

Player Types
Assist : Bonus 10% pass stat
These are support guys that increase bonus damage by passing and can pass the ball ahead skipping lines. When passing the ball forward/long priority is given to whoever has the most action on that line.

Active ability is a pass that comes in three flavors.
Inline pass : Passes to a selectable player in the same line immediately filling their action bar, effectively granting them their turn.
Forward pass : Passes to friendly player with most action in next line.
Long pass : Similar to forward pass but always passes to the frontline, costs more spirit and has a longer cooldown.

Attacker : Bonus 20% damage reduction while holding ball and 30% DR while penetrating.
Your go to guys when breaking through lines, their above average dribble and damage reduction easily wins exchanges. However their reflex stat will be fairly low and the ball will be stolen from them without good investment into counterattack resist or reflex.

Active ability just make them penetrate better.

Defender : Bonus 5% defense 10% recovery power stats, 30% DR while attacking.
The workhorses in this game, defenders are versatile and you may never have too many. Their damage reduction on attack makes them ideal for making steal attempts as their odds are getting KO'd become much lower. Their above average reflex stat may allow them to counterattack against those with less reflex than that. But they are usually poor for breaking through lines due to lower dribble stat.

Active ability increases their ability to steal, similar to how attackers get a better penetrate.

Some defenders may also serve as goalkeepers which is more of a sub-role.
Goalkeepers have either an active block or shield for their active abilities. Blocks are used when a striker active shoots for a defensive effect. Shields can only be used whenever the GK has a full action bar, they provide defensive effects against the next 3 attacks.

Leader : Bonus 15% spirit on attack or pass.
Leaders come in all sorts of stat distributions and loadouts, but they generally serve to buff friendlies or debuff foes.

Active ability varies drastically from one leader to the next, it can be a teamwide heal that fills action at the same time, teamwide buff, enemywide debuff, selected target debuff, etc etc.

Striker : Bonus 5% to dribble when shooting.
Arguably the most important player on any team, these guys deliver the ball into the goalkeepers face hoping to KO them. Ideally you want to do as much damage in every shot since the enemy gains control of the ball should they survive. Strikers can be divded into power and utility types, power strikers focus on doing huge damage upfront while utility strikers aim to get more turns, recover the ball, or have a ramp up effect. The differences aren't as big later on when every GK in PvP will need a 2nd shot unless circumstances allowed them to get one-shot.

Active ability buffs up their shot, however using this active grants the enemy GK the ability to active block if they have one. If you can still crit without the active ability sometimes its worthwhile not to active shoot to bypass the active block.

Managers
Managers give you some perks to play with depending on their type, providing an an active ability that you activate once every X hours and a passive buff. You unlock up to 6 slots as you rank up, two for each type of manager. Managers are primarily found via scouting , friendpoint gacha, and one time objectives in free matches.

Sponsor : Helps increase your gold, their actives generally give you some gold while their passive may increase gold from matches or selling players.
Trainers : Improves stamina/battle points recovery for more matches, their actives usually fill some ST/BP while their passives range from reducing the cost of ST/BP required for matches or a teamwide stat boost.
Scouters : Help you find stuff from the scouting system, their actives usually generate some useless fodder players for you while their passives manipulates what may show up while scouting.

Resources

Reddit Newbie/FAQ guide - https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerspirits/comments/3dlyvf/soccer_spirits_faq_and_beginner_guide_v122/
Reddit wiki of guides - https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerspirits/wiki/index
Database of players/skills/stones - http://soccerspirits.enygmatic.net/
Another database that helps figure out player chains - http://ssherder.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Titty soccer is what the game really is. Also some of the managers are better than most other characters in the scout expect for legendary's if you see one GET IT. Gerald and Lucy are also really good.
Lucy
Thanks to Lucy, you only have have one space for the rest of the sponsors on this list. She is by far the best Sponsor because, not only does she fill your coffers with up to 9000 gold every 4 hours (and up to 13500 once evolved) but she also boosts the Power and Technique of your entire team by 15 (and 30 once fully superbed). She is a no-brainer and you want her. That is just a fact.
Gerold
The only absolute must have Trainer. Gerold restores your ST by 15 (30) every 8 hours which is nice, but his passive is what really makes him: 15 {30} Power and Speed to every player on your team is an incredible buff. Speed buffs are particularly rare too. It can turn a good team into a great one all on it's own.

Fallorn fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Sep 26, 2015

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Not a single littre from those weekend matches, just some 6* stones and an alright amount of GP from those 3*s.

And theres the free 5* box out now.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I only got 3 actual players from those matches.

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
Just applied to BAS as IGSA.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I grabbed enough of them for two superbs. Feels good.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
So now that they say that 5*+ is 5.8% from rare draw does that mean a legendary is .8% because before 5* showed at like 5%?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Fallorn posted:

So now that they say that 5*+ is 5.8% from rare draw does that mean a legendary is .8% because before 5* showed at like 5%?

I'll believe that when I roll one.

Though I keep seeing people roll one in broadcast, I have not scouted or rolled a legendary since starting during the beta.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I mean that would be like 8/1000 so 1/125 or 1 per 12 10+1 rolls so 1 per 3600 crystals? during with you probably got 3+ other 5* people.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Fallorn posted:

You missed a decimal point, its 5.08% :v:, I don't recall the 0.08% being there before? So it may have been added this patch to show people the odds of a legendary.

So roughly one every 1250 draws, with the actual odds being slightly better due to the psuedo RNG safety net.

edit: VVV Nope, just evolve whenever. Theres no real way to mess yourself with min/maxing aside from feeding pigs and rabbits to poor players.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 28, 2015

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Any issue if I evolve my Ravian before I 6 star her?

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

Drakes posted:

You missed a decimal point, its 5.08% :v:, I don't recall the 0.08% being there before? So it may have been added this patch to show people the odds of a legendary.

So roughly one every 1250 draws, with the actual odds being slightly better due to the psuedo RNG safety net.

edit: VVV Nope, just evolve whenever. Theres no real way to mess yourself with min/maxing aside from feeding pigs and rabbits to poor players.

Welp never going to see one also never going to see one in scout because it would take like multi billion gold refreshing to get it.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

VelociBacon posted:

Nope. I did it to Kirin and no problems.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Yeah I kinda wished I grabbed swimsuit Serena when she was around for scouting purposes.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Fallorn posted:

Welp never going to see one also never going to see one in scout because it would take like multi billion gold refreshing to get it.

I'm at about 80+ millions trying to get a metatron so far.

Mostly the only really bitter thing about this game is how frustratingly hard it is to get some of the key players in making a team go from "really good" to "lol you win everything". The daily/weekly grind is fine next to that RNG crap.

VelociBacon posted:

Nope you're fine. Cool One Must Fall 2097 avatar.

Edit: I just spotted a Lab Rat Rabian in Arena O_o Isn't it Korean exclusive?

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 28, 2015

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Schrodingers cat posted:

Edit: I just spotted a Lab Rat Rabian in Arena O_o Isn't it Korean exclusive?

All of the versions are connected. NA, EU, Asia, everybody is playing together now. I see more Korean, Chinese, and Japanese players than anyone else lately.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Schrodingers cat posted:

I'm at about 80+ millions trying to get a metatron so far.

Mostly the only really bitter thing about this game is how frustratingly hard it is to get some of the key players in making a team go from "really good" to "lol you win everything". The daily/weekly grind is fine next to that RNG crap.

Metatron is the only legendary that irks me with how game swinging she can be, the d.stone grind is abit better now since they added them to league advancements. Kinda wished there was a 1 d.stone daily and 5 d.stone bi-weekly to go along.

I'm roughly 4 months away from getting 900 stones for metatron, could probably get enough within these two months if I started working on my chains.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Drakes posted:

Metatron is the only legendary that irks me with how game swinging she can be, the d.stone grind is abit better now since they added them to league advancements. Kinda wished there was a 1 d.stone daily and 5 d.stone bi-weekly to go along.

I'm roughly 4 months away from getting 900 stones for metatron, could probably get enough within these two months if I started working on my chains.

I'm a bit behind you likely due to not making it as far in COD... same thing though, she's just utterly ridiculous.

A daily/weekly addition would be great without being game breaking since it would still take time and wouldn't make IAP less attractive for whales.

Schubalts posted:

All of the versions are connected. NA, EU, Asia, everybody is playing together now. I see more Korean, Chinese, and Japanese players than anyone else lately.

Oh, that explains it then.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Metatron was my first legendary and warped my view of how they should be, setting me up for huge disappointments later.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I look forward to getting a Metatron and then seeing her get nerfed immediately after I do.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

VelociBacon posted:

There are only a handful of EEs that you might want to hold off on because they chNge from a line buff to a element specific buff, good if your whole team is the same element but not so much if it isn't. Nerua and Latios are two major examples. Ravian is just fine though, and evolving / six star can be done in either order so feel free to upgrade at your leisure.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I got Shu who is like the 2nd worst legendary? Behind William at least in my mind. Kirin is my striker for not. I have multiple 5* goalies but just use Lucian, but have Black Tortoise, ZUXX Robin, Isillia, and Ronald. Lucian I guess is still the best to use? Robin has 1 superb because of free boxes but besides that they are not special trained or superbed at all who should I use?

Fallorn fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 29, 2015

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Fallorn posted:

I got Shu who is like the 2nd worst legendary? Behind William at least in my mind. Kirin is my striker for not. I have multiple 5* goalies but just use Lucian, but have Black Tortoise, ZUXX Robin, Isillia, and Ronald. Lucian I guess is still the best to use? Robin has 1 superb because of free boxes but besides that they are not special trained or superbed at all who should I use?

Shu with 5 superbs and +58 and good (6*) stones is pretty pro, in spite of his not being Metatron.

What do you guys think about Lynbell's new EE?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Schrodingers cat posted:

Shu with 5 superbs and +58 and good (6*) stones is pretty pro, in spite of his not being Metatron.

She's no Jury. I'm not a fan of abilities that activate on steal or when attacked, unless they are very, very good (like Jury's or Metatron) because if the enemy has the ball, it usually means they are better and faster than you and you are going to die and your slow rear end defenders are not going to be able to use their defensive ability at all.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Applied to soccer club under same name. Look forward to talking about soccer...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Schrodingers cat posted:

Needs to be stacked, only single target, useless against GKs and most Strikers.

Don't see much use for her. Neat art though.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Lynbell might be alright as CM with her action and reflexes, having to compete with metaron/jury for that position doesn't help. Shu's one of those attackers whos very underrated especially with how hot action refills are.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Sep 29, 2015

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
So... we're in "preseason" now? And that means advancing PvP leagues gets you jack poo poo?

Should I hold off on advancing to Silver League until the preseason is over, in order to get the D-stones? Or will advancing PvP leagues get you something after all?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Iunnrais posted:

So... we're in "preseason" now? And that means advancing PvP leagues gets you jack poo poo?

Should I hold off on advancing to Silver League until the preseason is over, in order to get the D-stones? Or will advancing PvP leagues get you something after all?

PvP will reset after pre-season ends, so advancing Leagues is meaningless. However, Bronze and Silver offer easy fights, and winning a tournament gives decent amounts of GP or Gold, so if you want to auto yourself some easy PvP victories then doing Leagues is pretty beneficial.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Fallorn posted:

I got Shu who is like the 2nd worst legendary?

Shu is actually pretty great, he can do some crazy things in Colosseum and PvE. He's just not as effective in PvP.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Was kicked from BadAtSoccer applied again as DeadlyPoo

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Sorry about that, thought you were a random pubbie I let in awhile ago since we'd have room :v:. Didn't recall seeing DeadlyPoo in the posts or any mention of SA in your profile, we'll probably get another slot in 2-3 days.

And awfulsoccersquad does have some open slots too.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 29, 2015

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Put in a club request. Might show up as Bruere.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Cannot resist a soccer game.

Applied to AwfulSoccer as Korsy.

Just played yesterday. From what little I have read around, the starter striker got an extreme evolution. Does that make them worth leveling/evolving?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Not if you have other options - at level 60 EE they have stats competitive with a level 60 5-star evolution. Other EEs will absolutely spank them, and you need to spend a lot more resources getting them from 3-stars to 6-stars compared to getting a 5-star to 6-stars.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Weissritter posted:

Cannot resist a soccer game.

Applied to AwfulSoccer as Korsy.

Just played yesterday. From what little I have read around, the starter striker got an extreme evolution. Does that make them worth leveling/evolving?

Sam / Noa still aren't that good and won't really serve you in the midgame, let along the endgame. They're also at 3*s so even when EE'd they'll still be capped at level 30 until you can ST them, which is frankly a waste of 3*s in the early game, since each 3* means 12 GP.

On the other hand, evolving Ardor players no longer requires a Littre.

On the other other hand, you're gonna have a tough time getting the Elementals to evolve them early on.

You might just want to wait till you get to 30 and get your free Legendary before deciding on a striker you want to be using.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cod seems harder again. Cant get past 33 with Ravian, Jin heals himself too much.

Also should build up a power striker. Kirin or Beatrice?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SynthOrange posted:

Cod seems harder again. Cant get past 33 with Ravian, Jin heals himself too much.

Also should build up a power striker. Kirin or Beatrice?

Kirin is utility, isn't he? I've always heard him described as a utility striker. Isn't he about taking a shot, freezing the enemy back line, stealing the ball with an active passer, and then shooting again?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Is it just my phone or is this game a massive battery eater?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

AG3 posted:

Is it just my phone or is this game a massive battery eater?

Maybe both.

• Locked thread