Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kertap
Mar 13, 2010
If I do the boss match 10 times will I get her last time? Is that how that thing works? My team is still AAA so I don't want to waste 500 st if i'm not gonna get anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
No. The enemy's stats get 5% lower every 10 times you lose. If you manage to win, you get the boss.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Got my win after acouple tries, hoarding off players and leveling them while farming boss minions is alright :v:. I saw some ghetto setups on reddit, which involved frontline of HP/reflex debuffers, then placing your striker in mid after sacing whoever is frontline mid and having VF counter attacked by your striker in mid. I winded up with the good'ol brute force, soften up VF, ram attacker from backline into VF leaving GK alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gg9sTdMoqo

Being able to dump almost every active was kinda fun and just stacking up all those buffs. And an excuse to pull out Beatrice who I dumped upon getting Leventor. Do love how the more recent superbs were a general gently caress you to whatever the meta happens to be, wished they came around more often.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
It took me 30+ tries to win with a Sharr, mostly because I didn't keep enough reflex down on the front to make Vivid Fear counterattackable. Eventually I did manage to knock her out and then made my way back up with Dale supported by Avnore and a double Sammy backline, and was barely able to take victory as Leonard had a brain fart and decided not to put up the active block. What a nice guy. Shame that Aslan herself is such a bitch, just making more trouble for Khirel.

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
I have a Vitos that popped up in my scout today. Is he worth grabbing? If so, what's the best way to get an extra 200 GP? My current front line is Z088 Jackson - Draven - Ravian

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Not in the slightest if you have Ravian

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
No one really uses Vitos, hes got very strong stats but the kamikaze thing may not be so hot.

For the other dark strikers, Ravian was teamwide damage going on, Lucid can cheese PvE and has built-in quickstart/penetration.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Nobody ever recommends Vitos, even if he is secretly actually a sleeper unit who is very strong, it'd take effort and resources to build and use a frontline with him, he loses to Kei who is the only good PvP goalkeeper you can scout (well ok there's Isillia but same problem) and the alternative is Ravian who shoots and the entire enemy team falls down and she doesn't really give a poo poo about HP buffs since it's just more free damage Gravity Down shaves off.

You'd think that by now if he actually was a major threat in PvP people would actually use him.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
I've got a Perial locked in scout but think I'm gonna run just short on GP at this rate by the end of today - would it be worth it recalling my Elaine to afford Perial?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

I've got a Perial locked in scout but think I'm gonna run just short on GP at this rate by the end of today - would it be worth it recalling my Elaine to afford Perial?

If your Elaine has Superbs and you have a Rainbow Elemental then you can feed Elaine the Rainbow Elemental, recall the spare Elaine, and keep the original Elaine and whatever other Elaines remain. It's what I did with my Milky Way. I don't like throwing a player away entirely because you'll probably end up needing one for links.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Elaine is season 2 right? I probably wouldnt since none of them are scoutable and thus you're banking on getting lucky on player rolls, which conveniently means you'll see a black orb drop during a draw and it's a random striker you don't need like Vitos or Griffith.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Yeah hold onto your S2 players since they're a bitch to get ahold of, ya never know what buffs/nerfs maybe around the corner and you'll want chains once you're coming into lategame.

Aslan is pretty interesting, although I don't know about fitting her onto my team aside from the HP boost to defenders. Feels like I've got too many leaders/assists+striker to really make use of her. Wonder if you could run some attacker as a striker since 30% crit dmg is nothing to scoff at, someone like Hilde who gets pretty good crit dmg condition requirements.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

If your Elaine has Superbs and you have a Rainbow Elemental then you can feed Elaine the Rainbow Elemental, recall the spare Elaine, and keep the original Elaine and whatever other Elaines remain. It's what I did with my Milky Way. I don't like throwing a player away entirely because you'll probably end up needing one for links.
:monocle: Why didn't I think of that! Thank you so much, I just did this and my dilemma's solved. Shame about the nerf but she's still really good in my team at least.

nftyw posted:

Elaine is season 2 right? I probably wouldnt since none of them are scoutable and thus you're banking on getting lucky on player rolls, which conveniently means you'll see a black orb drop during a draw and it's a random striker you don't need like Vitos or Griffith.
Yes, she's season 2, and that moment of suspense before you find out the black orb is just a Butcher dupe or something is pretty painful.

Drakes posted:

Yeah hold onto your S2 players since they're a bitch to get ahold of, ya never know what buffs/nerfs maybe around the corner and you'll want chains once you're coming into lategame.
Very true. The chains are already hard enough as is.

Thanks everybody!

Oh, and to whoever was asking about Roina: the HP % damage can save a little time with the black hole swirly match and things like that.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

How do you upgrade your team in pvp out of bronze? Does it automatically happen? I have a mid-6k 'skill' team and I'm steamrolling everything and I want to earn more GP.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Have you been playing the league?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

VelociBacon posted:

How do you upgrade your team in pvp out of bronze? Does it automatically happen? I have a mid-6k 'skill' team and I'm steamrolling everything and I want to earn more GP.

There's two types of PvP, which surprised me too when I first discovered it. You've been doing Arena PvP so far, which ignores "bronze, silver, etc" leagues except that if your OPPONENT is in a higher league, you'll get more gold (but not more GP).

At your Team Ability, you probably could manage to get to silver league, so what you need to do is, when looking at the arena screen, click "Galaxy League". Instead of choosing who to fight, you'll be entered into a 16 person tournament, and all matches will be run entirely on Auto Play. Every time you win at least two out of the four matches in a tournament, you'll increase your League Score. You start at 1000, when you get to 1200 you go up to Silver League and get some Dimension Stones, which are really the only reason to do League instead of Arena-- if you're careful, Arena can get you FAR more GP per day. But League is one of the only non-cash-paying ways of reliably getting Dimension Stones, and those can be pretty useful. In particular, they can be used for alternate skins for your players, and alternate skins come with stat bonuses.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Have you been playing the league?

I am at 47/75 in challenge story mode, is that what you mean?

e:

Iunnrais posted:

There's two types of PvP, which surprised me too when I first discovered it. You've been doing Arena PvP so far, which ignores "bronze, silver, etc" leagues except that if your OPPONENT is in a higher league, you'll get more gold (but not more GP).

At your Team Ability, you probably could manage to get to silver league, so what you need to do is, when looking at the arena screen, click "Galaxy League". Instead of choosing who to fight, you'll be entered into a 16 person tournament, and all matches will be run entirely on Auto Play. Every time you win at least two out of the four matches in a tournament, you'll increase your League Score. You start at 1000, when you get to 1200 you go up to Silver League and get some Dimension Stones, which are really the only reason to do League instead of Arena-- if you're careful, Arena can get you FAR more GP per day. But League is one of the only non-cash-paying ways of reliably getting Dimension Stones, and those can be pretty useful. In particular, they can be used for alternate skins for your players, and alternate skins come with stat bonuses.

Oh man I had no idea that was there! Thanks. Trying now.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 25, 2015

dra600n
May 2, 2014
Good luck man.

I'm not entirely sure how much you actually want to watch those matches. Watching the AI putz around like a drunk retard can be absolutely infuriating. Let me tell you about all the times my backline (which had two long passers and plenty of spirit bar) just sat there passing it back and forth until it got stolen by the other team.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Just saw VelociBacon in game, that was my first goon sighting. Is there room in any of the clubs for cbx19?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

How strong of a team do you need to take on the top tier daily match missions? Even my level 58 Khirel can't penetrate one.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
You mean those elementals? You can sorta cheese them if you go first and have Silla buff. You want a GK that can tank abit, and maybe a defender for steals. Try getting that action speed/crit resist stone for Khirel if hes getting counter attacked too often.

cbx posted:

Just saw VelociBacon in game, that was my first goon sighting. Is there room in any of the clubs for cbx19?

Well theres AwfulSoccerSquad and BadAtSoccer you can join, theres definitely some room in BadAtSoccer with a few inactives around.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm always amused by the one guy in AwfulSoccerSquad who hasn't checked in since the club started.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is it me?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

How strong of a team do you need to take on the top tier daily match missions? Even my level 58 Khirel can't penetrate one.

Those elemental matches are less about having a strong team and more a fast one that has enough reflex or counterattack resist to get around the elementals' super high reflex. Many attackers, like Khirel, lack the ability to avoid being counterattacked due to their low reflex. If your goalie is maxed out and is able to take some hits, long passers in the back and a sufficiently fast person in the front can easily win games because the goalie elemental has virtually no HP and any shot will win the round.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I should have my EE 5* Ravian as my ace right? I also have 6* evolved x1 Baltheon.

I'm just hoping to have a lot of people use it so I can get those sick friendship points~

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I get sick friendship points for having my 99 luck 2* long passer as an ace :v:

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
Another quick lineup question for you guys, I built up enough crystals to do an 11 pull and got 2 new 5*'s. I pulled Ronald and Z001 Veronica. Should I swap out any of my lineup for either of them? I also have Jheet and Lynbell that I'm not currently using too.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'd say drop Draven and add Veronica there. Ronald might make a better goalie than Robin for the time being and is also a useful defender; neither have an EE so depending on their luck they might get a sweet skill upgrade, but that'll be like months from now.

e: I'd probably also dump Herc and use Jheet, even after his EE Hercules is still trash.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 26, 2015

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I find it interesting every time I see an EE Hildegarde with 0 points in Blue Devil.

dra600n
May 2, 2014

So I've gotten really lucky on scouting and draws the past week or so. I'm not sure who I should evo next though. I really want to evo Mikael for Army's Mark for the back line but I'd have to level a bit to increase my max team cost.

How do I skill Luka and Silla up in the front? Which one should I use more of as a totem vs. a passer?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Given that you have Ravian and Metatron and Cynthia and Valkia and Saramir for potential SO much action bar fuckery, you may want to increase Luka's set play for more speed in the frontline, so Ravian gets more chances to do stuff. It's kind of a tossup between Luka's active and Icy road, since Ravian doesn't exactly need an active pass to do damage, she just needs to shoot a few times, and slowing the enemy can help let her do just that. Similarly Silla doesn't really need to buff Ravian if she can boost the frontline's action bar and stay alive. If you had, like, Victoria or a similar reflex buffer/debuffer frontline to give everyone a big reflex boost then the extra turns your frontline gains from the bonus speed could turn into counterattacks, which is really dangerous.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Holy poo poo gently caress this frontline, infinite stun lock and 6 rounds of chip damage by Mariel followed by getting demolished by Choi

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Oh man I lost to one of those teams once, its amusing how the AI plays into that gimmick so well. Saw a youtube of a guy going through league with such a frontline.

And it seems like theres EE art for Alice hovering around, maybe they'll release it when they cycle her back into superb boss rotation.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kaboobi posted:

Holy poo poo gently caress this frontline, infinite stun lock and 6 rounds of chip damage by Mariel followed by getting demolished by Choi

Every time I see Luka in colo I sigh because she is the worst.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Drakes posted:

Oh man I lost to one of those teams once, its amusing how the AI plays into that gimmick so well. Saw a youtube of a guy going through league with such a frontline.

And it seems like theres EE art for Alice hovering around, maybe they'll release it when they cycle her back into superb boss rotation.

And when she does roll around again the GK will have 50% pre-emptive heal when attacked because that's how this game works.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Please don't remind me of slime minions. Nooo

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
All I remember about the Alice match is going slow as poo poo and almost getting her but falling short cause I didn't evolve Milky Way the day before :saddowns:.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Drakes posted:

All I remember about the Alice match is going slow as poo poo and almost getting her but falling short cause I didn't evolve Milky Way the day before :saddowns:.

I just repeatedly attempted to cheese that poo poo and finally succeeded after like 10 tries.

Marial + Linmei + Zibroi + Lia + Metatron in the back, Niarose and I think Khirel and Duke in mid, and Ravian and I forget who else in front.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is Beatrice worth investing into? Just got her from a pull. My current shooter (a fully superb'd special trained evolved Constance) is starting to kinda show her age in challenge mode and higher end coliseum matches.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I've been choosing my 11th player to help shore up Khirel's defense in CM. It has been Muspel so far, but now my Black Tortoise has surpassed his "Technique" stat. Good idea to swap? Muspel has been providing disturb for my midline, but he's been sucking pretty hard otherwise.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is Beatrice worth investing into? Just got her from a pull. My current shooter (a fully superb'd special trained evolved Constance) is starting to kinda show her age in challenge mode and higher end coliseum matches.

From what I'm told, she's the absolute best Whirlwind striker. Mind you, this is hearsay though... I'm moving towards a whirlwind team myself, but I've only managed to grab Kirin.

• Locked thread