Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yeah, I'm at that point already - this guide I'm reading says that my next step after getting to Carnage/9999 is to master all the subclasses on a Sage. I bumped up EXP and enemy strength to full, and it only takes 2-3 IW Geo Blocks to master a subclass. I'm halfway through on one Sage, but doing this for everyone I wanna use is gonna suck :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

So apparently Phantom Brave is coming to PC now, too? That's cool and all but what I really want is Makai Kingdom. I wanna kill some corncobs with fishing poles again

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Makai Kingdom is easily my personal favorite of the PS2 games. The voice acting is choice and JOKER will never not be awesome.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah, I'm at that point already - this guide I'm reading says that my next step after getting to Carnage/9999 is to master all the subclasses on a Sage. I bumped up EXP and enemy strength to full, and it only takes 2-3 IW Geo Blocks to master a subclass. I'm halfway through on one Sage, but doing this for everyone I wanna use is gonna suck :cry:

yup

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Do Money Maps give really low EXP or something? There's this map with a bunch of 9999s on deathblow, but I barely level off of them (maybe 3 or 4 of them). The cheat shop is set to 1000% EXP with stars at 20, but even then, I get barely anything. Does that happen for all maps, or did I just pick a crappy one?

edit: Actually, how much content is left after hitting the Carnage Dimension? I'm wondering what's left to be done.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 24, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The best use of those maps is leveling your weapon skills. Do the lucky board map for XP assuming you can kill it

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

So this looks like it, I got a sinking feeling there's no Disgaea 6.

They'd get another x dollars out of me if they pooped out a 1 / 2 / 3 / 1-2 "HD redux".

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
NIS already said Disgaea 5 would be the last of the series for a while.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They're releasing the old ones on PC now.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Mokinokaro posted:

Well that's that then.

Yeah I see the PC re-releases, I'm just hoping they could also get touched up and put out for PS4. PC just doesn't feel right.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I was hoping, somehow, that Disgaea PC would be super moddable. So far the main things people have done is add in the Disgaea DS content and make everyone (Baal, the Prisms, etc) recruitable. Some people are working on a map editor but nothing yet. Doesn't appear to be a lot of custom models or maps or any of that. Oh well, saves me buying it I suppose.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

Where did they say that? I've heard people make that claim a lot, but I've never seen a source. The closest thing I know about is the president joking that "Oh yeah, it's all over if Disgaea 5 doesn't do well. I'll probably have to resign, ha ha".

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Similar note: do we know who's doing the PC ports? I'd be interested to know if they're doing it in-house or contracting it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

FractalSandwich posted:

Similar note: do we know who's doing the PC ports? I'd be interested to know if they're doing it in-house or contracting it out.

NIS America and Nippon Ichi Software are the only companies credited on the steam page or Wikipedia, so if they had help I guess they aren't telling.

• Locked thread