Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Some incredibly silly things happened today.

Let's complain about our terrible teams!

Pakled fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
LeonardfournetteSU isn't terrible!

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress every team and all of football

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Butch Jones: "We felt comfortable with that decision".

Fire Butch Jones.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I liked the part where De'Veon Smith showed everyone his quantum tunneling powers.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
That cheerleader got clocked!

Good week. Some weird games this week for sure.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Georgia Tech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi1LMIUOOAI

Defense performed well after getting over a rocky first quarter, but offense and special teams are godawful, and playcalling was questionable too. Our O-Line was porous as hell and let about three guys into the backfield every play. Our perimeter blocking was also nonexistent. Our special teams allowed a kick return TD and a kick return to the 1 yard line, but our kicker made a 48-yarder and a 52-yarder in the rain, so that's kinda nice I guess.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 27, 2015

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
MSU deserves to drop in the rankings but nobody actually watched that game so they're safe with the final score.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Also VT had a disappointing game.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I promise and I swear, I will not watch the Florida game next year. I will go on a long hike, and check the score after the game is over. Actually I will not watch another Florida game until Tennessee actually beats them.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Florida and Navy are both 4-0. A good day.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
News: We executed Maryland on live tv.

Views: :circlefap:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am still in complete disbelief. Vols fans, I kind of want to laugh at you, but as a Dolphins fan I kind of feel like we are kindred spirits.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

ManMythLegend posted:

Florida and Navy are both 4-0. A good day.

It won't last, but it's nice.

yep
Dec 29, 2012
Texas and Okie State played a horrible game, the refs screwed Texas multiple times and the game was ended by a -6 yard punt into an OSU field goal.
It was pretty great.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Ehud posted:

I am still in complete disbelief. Vols fans, I kind of want to laugh at you, but as a Dolphins fan I kind of feel like we are kindred spirits.

The Dolphins do not exist.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
It's sort of refreshing in that at least it's not a moral victory this time.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

This is a new feeling for me watching Texas. I've seen us good, and I've seen us bad (or BAD, against ND). I've never actually seen Texas be so close to being good but then collapsing into shocking incompetence at times.

Oh and gently caress Big XII refs.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

JesustheDarkLord posted:

It's sort of refreshing in that at least it's not a moral victory this time.

Thank God. gently caress.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo

We only lost one offensive linemen from last year and now we don't know how to block. I'd kill for a 7-5 season.

Also, ACC is trash

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I'm going to pretend virginia didn't play yesterday

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

It started off real, real ugly, but we won and Lorenzo Nunez looks like a pretty fun QB. All in all, I'm pleased and will be savoring this Saturday since we're probably only getting 2-3 more wins this season. Here's hoping we can prevail in what will most assuredly be an epic shitfest against Mizzou next week.

Go Cocks.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

bvlah posted:

We only lost one offensive linemen from last year and now we don't know how to block. I'd kill for a 7-5 season.

Also, ACC is trash

It's looking like we'd be lucky to go 5-7 at this point. Getting into a bowl would probably require divine intervention.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
All those gifs and the best one of the year is missing.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
life is loving retarded

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Washington Huskies are bad and I feel bad for still watching them

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Texas is finding incredible ways to lose games. These last two have been two of the weirdest games I have gone to.

OSU did a pretty good job of shutting down the offense in the second half. The next few games could be pretty brutal if that holds up.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Go noles!

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

JohnCompany posted:

gently caress Big XII refs.

Brutal. Botched punt or no, the refs decided that game.

I am hoarse from booing. I don't think I have ever participated in such loud and sustained booing.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Maybe if Texas stopped committing so many penalties the refs wouldn't have to go so hard on them

Ever think about that

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Maybe if Texas stopped committing so many penalties the refs wouldn't have to go so hard on them

Ever think about that

They called defensive holding on a DT on a running play in which he was being held by not one but two offensive players. Charlie Strong argued, then walked away. The ref chased him down to keep arguing, got a response, then flagged him for unsportsmanlike conduct. I have never seen that called on a coach who was walking away.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Thermos H Christ posted:

Brutal. Botched punt or no, the refs decided that game.

I am hoarse from booing. I don't think I have ever participated in such loud and sustained booing.

Texas fans should possibly never complain about officiating.

I am sorry you no longer run the conference.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Thermos H Christ posted:

They called defensive holding on a DT on a running play in which he was being held by not one but two offensive players. Charlie Strong argued, then walked away. The ref chased him down to keep arguing, got a response, then flagged him for unsportsmanlike conduct. I have never seen that called on a coach who was walking away.

From the gif in the GDT.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
The refs stole the texas game completely but at least baylor bitch won they suck poo poo poo poo d poo poo special teams worst in nation but champs 2016

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Thermos H Christ posted:

Sounds like the lack of discipline starts at the top

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Sounds like the lack of discipline starts at the top

I agree, they should disband the program, the university and the state.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Spacebump posted:

From the gif in the GDT.

So the ref followed him, ran in to him, jumped in terror at the furious black man, and threw a flag. Awesome.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thermos H Christ posted:

So the ref followed him, ran in to him, jumped in terror at the furious black man, and threw a flag. Awesome.

Given that every media person I follow on twitter put it on Charlie, I think you might need to go get a drink and settle down.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Don't worry guys it's Andichu. He's only going to talk poo poo about Texas anytime they come up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

That Works posted:

Don't worry guys it's Andichu. He's only going to talk poo poo about Texas anytime they come up.

As a known enemy of Texas Athletics,

• Locked thread