Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
go away maty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

anne frank fanfic posted:

Spiritus nox is back which means.... baylor bitch baylor bitch worst team ever they suck but champs 2016, finally. Defense sucks but looked better, special teams is the worst in the country, champs 2016 though.

TCU is too injured I think it is between Baylor and OU now.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

this is so sad

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern easily defeats Ball State (by five while looking terrible), prepare the Rose Bowl floats.

Thorson looked like garbage, then came out and owned, then looked mediocre and Ball State has some dude named Jordan Williams who is the loving truth at wide receiver.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Also, :lol: texas, that is two of the most hilarious ways to lose a football game

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Not a super good night for the Arizona schools apparently.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Man I figured Michigan fans would be out in mass to tell everyone how good they are because they beat two horrible teams and then stomped a team who was only ranked because of a hail Mary.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Hawaii lost in a way that wasn't horribly embarrassing so I'm counting that as a win. Go 'bows.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Sash! posted:

You forgot the GIF to End All GIFs

I've watched this 100 times today and it never gets less funny

The framing, and the comedic timing of the loop are just perfection. The way he reacts to the running back like, "where are you going?"

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Aagh

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lasagna Pilot posted:

TCU is too injured I think it is between Baylor and OU now.

WVU might get a word in edgewise. Though all the other conceivable contenders get them at home, and are very happy about that.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Frackie Robinson posted:

The framing, and the comedic timing of the loop are just perfection. The way he reacts to the running back like, "where are you going?"

I'm the guy slowly opening his mouth on the right.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Toledo is going to go undefeated, win the MAC, enter the playoffs as an at-large and win the National Championship insh'allah

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Alaois posted:

Toledo is going to go undefeated, win the MAC, enter the playoffs as an at-large and win the National Championship insh'allah

I'm also okay with this

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

That is not a game we should have won and I think we're playing with house money right now. Wazzu next week is a trap game, too.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Sash! posted:

My favorite thing is the assistant in the background facepalming.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sash! posted:

what is the context

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

R.D. Mangles posted:

what is the context

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

That was a snap. He was the one that was supposed to catch it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That was a snap. He was the one that was supposed to catch it.

Well I mean the center is also very clearly not supposed to be snapping it at that moment.

They also lost the game by 3 on an absolutely absurd tipped TD catch so it was a sort of unfortunate day all around.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Frackie Robinson posted:

I wish it went longer so I could see how White Mustache reacted and more of Goatee's :aaa:

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Northwestern won in a dog fight against Ball State and I guess I'm just happy we didn't lose like I thought we were going to and also got a nice reality check that we are probably not going to win the Big Ten West. Back to preseason expectations of making a bowl game. Defense still looks decent and when Thorson puts it together we look ok on offense (but as a freshman he is still gonna make a ton of mistakes). Oh well at least my two favorite offensive players had good games and we came out with a win.

Go 'Cats

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sash! posted:

I wish it went longer so I could see how White Mustache reacted and more of Goatee's :aaa:

White Mustache ain't reacting, that guy's seen some poo poo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

siriuslysomething posted:

Northwestern won in a dog fight against Ball State and I guess I'm just happy we didn't lose like I thought we were going to and also got a nice reality check that we are probably not going to win the Big Ten West. Back to preseason expectations of making a bowl game. Defense still looks decent and when Thorson puts it together we look ok on offense (but as a freshman he is still gonna make a ton of mistakes). Oh well at least my two favorite offensive players had good games and we came out with a win.

Go 'Cats

um, wildcats (whispering) bitch

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

R.D. Mangles posted:

White Mustache ain't reacting, that guy's seen some poo poo

You serve aboard the Pirate's ship, not even the Devil himself could make you flinch.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

R.D. Mangles posted:

um, wildcats (whispering) bitch

I'm sorry I ever wavered. Wildcats bitch indeed.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
So Arizona looked like complete dogshit. Anu Solomon is hurt, our backup center and special teams are bad, and while Jerrard Randall is a speedster and impossible to tackle, he makes bad decisions on the zone read and can basically only throw at one speed: REALLY FAST. Oh well.

We play at Stanford next week so it's possible Arizona starts 0-2 in Pac-12 play, but Arizona under RichRod just plays like poo poo against UCLA and so who knows. But after that there's a 3-week respite against the conference doormats. Since RichRod has been very good even after bad, humiliating losses, I don't foresee this being a barometer of the season. I think 10-2 is still possible, especially since I don't think USC and ASU are all that good, but Utah :stare:.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Since reaching No. 3 in the country last NOV, #Auburn is 1-6 in its last 7 games against FBS opponents

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

The one win is Lane Kiffin kicking the poo poo out of Joe Cox-led UGA in 2009.

gently caress Joe Cox.

some old hussy
Dec 6, 2005

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Alaois posted:

I'd feel a lot better about that loss

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

pillsburysoldier posted:

Since reaching No. 3 in the country last NOV, #Auburn is 1-6 in its last 7 games against FBS opponents

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I don't like complaining about the refs, and I really hate blaming the refs as a reason for a loss, but drat that Texas game was loving ridiculous. I have never seen anything like that in my life. There were so many blatant wrong calls against Texas that decided the outcome of the game. It's like if that onside kick call from OU - Oregon 2006 happened like 6 times in one game.

Roughing the Passer with barely any contact negating an int and leading directly to a field goal

Holding on a rushing TD on a player who executed a cut block without his loving hands

Gifting Ok St. 30 yards on a stop to put them in field goal range to tie the game

ScipioTex at Barking Carnival, who has earned his rational observer stripes of the last decade as a write sums it up much better than I can. http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2015/9/26/9402795/phantom-calls-from-corrupt-officiating-crew-buries-texas-longhorns

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sab0921 posted:

I don't like complaining about the refs, and I really hate blaming the refs as a reason for a loss, but drat that Texas game was loving ridiculous. I have never seen anything like that in my life. There were so many blatant wrong calls against Texas that decided the outcome of the game. It's like if that onside kick call from OU - Oregon 2006 happened like 6 times in one game.

Roughing the Passer with barely any contact negating an int and leading directly to a field goal

Holding on a rushing TD on a player who executed a cut block without his loving hands

Gifting Ok St. 30 yards on a stop to put them in field goal range to tie the game

ScipioTex at Barking Carnival, who has earned his rational observer stripes of the last decade as a write sums it up much better than I can. http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2015/9/26/9402795/phantom-calls-from-corrupt-officiating-crew-buries-texas-longhorns

The volume of bad calls that went against Texas is crazy, but the idea that a Big 12 officiating crew would ever make a concerted effort to screw over Texas is inconceivable.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I didn't watch the Texas game but I contend the Roughing the Passer Arkansas got dinged for is the worst one ever called

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sab0921 posted:

That article literally gives serious consideration to the possibility that the refs hate Texas because they're just that racist

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Spiritus Nox posted:

That article literally gives serious consideration to the possibility that the refs hate Texas because they're just that racist

rational observer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

Losing is a hell of a drug

• Locked thread