Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Turn out the kid who went down on that KO return has a spinal injury :(

:nms::nms::nms: https://streamable.com/6c8o :nms: :nms: :nms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska has no secondary but Tommy Armstrong currently ranked #8 in the FBS in passing yards so I'm going to give up rationalizing anything anymore

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I feel like the playcalling for A&M is a little suspect. It felt like we rarely threw 5*+ yards past the LOS, even when those throws worked well because we have good receivers and Christian Kirk is insanely good. The Kyler Murray 'switch up' drives were dumb too once it became obvious he was just in there to run the ball twice. This season is giving me serious déjà vu vibes so far and that is not great.

Myles Garrett is the damned truth.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG is 3-0 all time vs. Purdue. I don't even care that they're awful. Eat it, B1G.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
second tough loss in a row but I'm still feeling good about the team. looking far better than I thought they would at this point in the season. hopefully they can avoid loving up and win a close one soon.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
USC won to bounce back after that terrible Stanford loss with was hard to gauge what was what because USC skill players are so much better than ASU. Still need to get the run game going

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Alaois posted:

Toledo is going to go undefeated, win the MAC, enter the playoffs as an at-large and win the National Championship insh'allah

A team that required two OTs to beat ISU, and only even went to OT because ISU's kicker missed a chip shot field goal as time expired, making it to the playoffs would be the best thing.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Democratic Pirate posted:

I feel like the playcalling for A&M is a little suspect. It felt like we rarely threw 5*+ yards past the LOS, even when those throws worked well because we have good receivers and Christian Kirk is insanely good. The Kyler Murray 'switch up' drives were dumb too once it became obvious he was just in there to run the ball twice. This season is giving me serious déjà vu vibes so far and that is not great.

Considering all the talent we have on offense, the inconsistency is maddening.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

So Florida is not a very good team and we are going to lose a bunch next month, but 4-0 :feelsgood:

I'm still really pissed that we were screwed out of that fumble.

Phil Fulmer sits alone in a darkened room, windows blotted out by empty Krispy Kreme boxes, jamming needles into the dick of a Butch Jones voodoo doll.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Ungratek posted:

I'm going to pretend virginia didn't play yesterday

I went with my BF to that game and then tried to convince him to leave after the first interception.

we stayed till the half and even that was too much.

loving fire mike london now, let literally anyone else be coach, gently caress this program.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sab0921 posted:

I don't like complaining about the refs, and I really hate blaming the refs as a reason for a loss, but drat that Texas game was loving ridiculous. I have never seen anything like that in my life. There were so many blatant wrong calls against Texas that decided the outcome of the game. It's like if that onside kick call from OU - Oregon 2006 happened like 6 times in one game.

Roughing the Passer with barely any contact negating an int and leading directly to a field goal

Holding on a rushing TD on a player who executed a cut block without his loving hands

Gifting Ok St. 30 yards on a stop to put them in field goal range to tie the game

ScipioTex at Barking Carnival, who has earned his rational observer stripes of the last decade as a write sums it up much better than I can. http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2015/9/26/9402795/phantom-calls-from-corrupt-officiating-crew-buries-texas-longhorns

Better summary: For the first time ever, Texas got treated like a team playing Texas.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx

i hate life

Lee Harvey Oswald fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 27, 2015

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

LeeMajors posted:

I'm still really pissed that we were screwed out of that fumble.

The one that would have given us the ball five yards closer?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Agh ack ack.

Ugh

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction

Frackie Robinson posted:

#TexasGamesMatter

Has anyone in Austin considered that maybe, just maybe, that the refs got the defensive holding call right, but got the player's number wrong? So when they are agonizing and pouring over replays, they are not actually looking at the infraction?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Thoguh posted:

Better summary: For the first time ever, Texas got treated like a team playing Texas.

Lol at all of you who think the refs were giving calls against Texas yesterday because of some agenda or for Texas in the past because of one.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

The one that would have given us the ball five yards closer?

No, the one where we blew up your receiver after he took two steps and we recovered. Then everyone acted like nothing happened, no one reviewed it, and you guys snapped and rolled on.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah that one was bullshit

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I wouldn't change anything about that game.

I feel like the outcome we got was the funniest one possible for Gators fans

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

Has anyone in Austin considered that maybe, just maybe, that the refs got the defensive holding call right, but got the player's number wrong? So when they are agonizing and pouring over replays, they are not actually looking at the infraction?

:aaaaa:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

I wouldn't change anything about that game.

I feel like the outcome we got was the funniest one possible for Gators fans

I was glad and impressed that Mac was dodging a 12 men on the field penalty and not trying to ice the kicker

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Raku posted:

I was glad and impressed that Mac was dodging a 12 men on the field penalty and not trying to ice the kicker

yeah I was worried that he had dopey coach tendencies when that happened

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

So Arizona looked like complete dogshit. Anu Solomon is hurt, our backup center and special teams are bad, and while Jerrard Randall is a speedster and impossible to tackle, he makes bad decisions on the zone read and can basically only throw at one speed: REALLY FAST. Oh well.

We play at Stanford next week so it's possible Arizona starts 0-2 in Pac-12 play, but Arizona under RichRod just plays like poo poo against UCLA and so who knows. But after that there's a 3-week respite against the conference doormats. Since RichRod has been very good even after bad, humiliating losses, I don't foresee this being a barometer of the season. I think 10-2 is still possible, especially since I don't think USC and ASU are all that good, but Utah :stare:.

I also think there's some good pieces there, if we can just make that dude practice snaps for the entire ncaa approved practice hours this week. Ignoring every other error that happened, a 28 point swing was a direct result of two of those and that makes the game 42-44 instead of 56-30. Presuming anu is back next week, there's still a shot at the south. It's just harder now that we lost the h2h with one of the two clear frontrunners.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Raku posted:

I didn't realize it until this morning. I was like eight or ten beers deep and screaming at the TV when he did that poo poo.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

LeeMajors posted:

No, the one where we blew up your receiver after he took two steps and we recovered. Then everyone acted like nothing happened, no one reviewed it, and you guys snapped and rolled on.

About the only smart thing Tennessee did yesterday was snap that ball fast. If it is an iffy play that could go against you, snap that ball before they can review it.

Man Vol Nation is turning fast against Jones. If he loses against Arkansas, Vandy, Missouri, South Carolina, or Kentucky that seat will really heat up. Actually that Arkansas game next weekend is going to be interesting in which coach ends up on anhot seat (Bielema has too big of a buy out to be going anywhere soon).

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LeeMajors posted:

I didn't realize it until this morning. I was like eight or ten beers deep and screaming at the TV when he did that poo poo.

Same.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

nate fisher posted:

About the only smart thing Tennessee did yesterday was snap that ball fast. If it is an iffy play that could go against you, snap that ball before they can review it.

Man Vol Nation is turning fast against Jones. If he loses against Arkansas, Vandy, Missouri, South Carolina, or Kentucky that seat will really heat up. Actually that Arkansas game next weekend is going to be interesting in which coach ends up on anhot seat (Bielema has too big of a buy out to be going anywhere soon).

I'm done with the guy and his Coachspeak. Great that he can recruit, but he wastes all the talent and doesn't make good staff hires.

Beating UGA and winning the East would bring me around, but that won't happen.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
How is it possible there just no gif of muschamp jerking off an invisible cock?

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

East Carolina University is now on a 5 game win streak against ACC opponents. We've got another 13 games already on the schedule against the ACC in the next decade and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to extend that streak.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tide posted:

How is it possible there just no gif of muschamp jerking off an invisible cock?

phone posting but it's here

http://imgur.com/KMNLp0e

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Tennessee keeps blowing good leads like they're in a production of Glengarry Glen-Ross.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Stunt Rock posted:

Tennessee keeps blowing good leads like they're in a production of Glengarry Glen-Ross.

:drat:

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I still think Butch has us going in the right direction. Coming into the season I thought we really needed one more because of inexperience and whatnot, although I thought it was the roster and not the coaching. On the rest of the season, Arkansas, Missouri, South Carolina, Kentucky, Vandy, and North Texas are varying degrees of winnable. Georgia and Alabama are less so, but I think we have at least a shot in them. In the last 5 years, our players have just been slower and smaller and now they aren't. It's easier to fix questionable playcalling than it is bad players midseason.

As of today, I still feel optimistic on the season. Hell, we could win the East and I don't feel like I have to jump through too many hoops. Next week Florida plays Ole Miss and Georgia plays Alabama, so those could easily be losses for the East. If Georgia loses to us but beats Florida and Florida loses to Alabama, things start getting too complicated for me to think about with a hangover but I think it could still work out.

Edit: not a lovely volquest quote I actually typed this

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Vol tears are delicious.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Lee you are the worst poo poo talker

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Rad Valtar posted:

Man I figured Michigan fans would be out in mass to tell everyone how good they are because they beat two horrible teams and then stomped a team who was only ranked because of a hail Mary.

I don't actually think they're that good however it does appear that MSU and OSU are 'overrated poo poo' so prepare the Big 10 title boys

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Real Name Grover posted:

Nebraska has no secondary but Tommy Armstrong currently ranked #8 in the FBS in passing yards so I'm going to give up rationalizing anything anymore
Are Nebraska fans freaking out because of that stat

Because it feels like the kind of thing that'll freak Nebraska fans out.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

LeeMajors posted:

Vol tears are delicious.

Thank you for this, I needed more "SEC coaches throwing themselves the the ground" images for my carefully curated collection.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I still think Butch has us going in the right direction. Coming into the season I thought we really needed one more because of inexperience and whatnot, although I thought it was the roster and not the coaching. On the rest of the season, Arkansas, Missouri, South Carolina, Kentucky, Vandy, and North Texas are varying degrees of winnable. Georgia and Alabama are less so, but I think we have at least a shot in them. In the last 5 years, our players have just been slower and smaller and now they aren't. It's easier to fix questionable playcalling than it is bad players midseason.

As of today, I still feel optimistic on the season. Hell, we could win the East and I don't feel like I have to jump through too many hoops. Next week Florida plays Ole Miss and Georgia plays Alabama, so those could easily be losses for the East. If Georgia loses to us but beats Florida and Florida loses to Alabama, things start getting too complicated for me to think about with a hangover but I think it could still work out.

Edit: not a lovely volquest quote I actually typed this

We might lose the next 4 in a row, so you're absolutely in the mix.

But really it is Georgia's to lose at this point. I don't think either of us will beat the Bulldogs this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Lee you are the worst poo poo talker

It's with the best of intentions, I promise. :cheeky:

Ehud posted:

We might lose the next 4 in a row, so you're absolutely in the mix.

But really it is Georgia's to lose at this point. I don't think either of us will beat the Bulldogs this year.

...and this.

I've got to enjoy some bit of the season before it all goes to hell next month.

• Locked thread