Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
a wise man once told me that it's a very short distance from the limousine to the gutter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

a wise man once told me that it's a very short distance from the limousine to the gutter.
i said "hey, man, there's something that you oughta know,
i tell ya Park Avenue leads to Skid Row!"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I was reading the Dallas Morning News editorial page a few years ago and one of the writers had an article about being (relatively) kind to the homeless. But it started with 'i know many of us *would* like to put the homeless on buses and dump them 100 miles outside the city limit but that would be too harsh...'

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

That s loving awesome. Anyways, local paper ran a story that interstate on ramp beggars make like 200$ / day here. Good money IMO for standing outside a McDonald's with a help wanted sign

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Darth123123 posted:

That s loving awesome. Anyways, local paper ran a story that interstate on ramp beggars make like 200$ / day here. Good money IMO for standing outside a McDonald's with a help wanted sign

Well it must be true then.

Remember, there but for the grace of God...

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Three-Phase posted:

I ran into a man at Tower City (it's a transit hub and shopping center) in Downtown Cleveland who said he was hungry and pleaded with me for help. I smiled, told him it was lunchtime, and I offered to get him anything he wanted at the food court.

He looked at me oddly, and explained he needed money and got belligerent, asking what I thought he was going to use the money for. I left giving him nothing. :smith:

If it's a night where the weather is below freezing, DO call 911 so they can try and get that person some help or to a shelter.
Some dumb girl from my college got completely tanked a couple years ago and her worthless "friends" didn't make sure she made it inside. It dropped to 17 below that night, and she spent the night passed out on her neighbor's porch. Long story short she doesn't have any fingers now.

A lot of drunk people ended up dead that winter, strangely enough none of the were homeless. Another guy did something similiar, tried tunneling under someone's porch because he drank himself stupif and thought that would be a good place to watm up. They didn't find him for two months.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Darth123123 posted:

kill yourselves hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

I buy them food and have good conversations with them and if possible direct them to places that can help them.

Homeless people usually have good conversation pieces. I always feel slighted when a homeless person doesn't want to talk to you after you give them something to eat or a cigarette. But for the most part they have had pretty interesting lives, surprisingly.

• Locked thread