Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's not set a new low or anything, it's just frustratingly poor. I wish I'd turned it off after 5 minutes too. I was warned.

Yeah that's the thing about this episode. It's bad in a really boring way. It's not a meandering non-sequitur like the saga of Moe's bar-rag, and the celebrity guest star is a named character instead of being a full throated tribute to themselves. If it didn't have the legendarily lovely ending it wouldn't even be worth complaining about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Adder Moray posted:

I didn't see this as a particularly great episode, but my god did I love the line "Twenty-Four years of trying to kill a ten year old child finally pays off!"

Also the line about being in a bad New Yorker comic hit me in just the right way somehow.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

angerbeet posted:

Kind of weird episode, it felt really fast-paced for modern Simpsons. Not bad.

Yeah it's hard to describe in an easy way, I liked this episode and laughed at most of its gags but it doesn't feel like Simpsons, even modern Simpsons. Then again an uptick in quality is an uptick in quality.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

angerbeet posted:

Not that it matters but the "it's the past but it's also present day" thing felt really strange to me.

It doesn't help that the last time the show went back to a time just before Maggie was born was 1995

That said, good episode and "I AM NOT YOUR PUPPET BART :supaburn: got the biggest laugh from me, close second was Homer explaining directly to the audience that this was before Lisa became a vegetarian :v:

• Locked thread