Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farm Crisis Zero
May 31, 2002

Hi GBS.

I hope it's okay for me to post this. It's always been okay in the past, but then it's been a while.

I make music under the name conelrad which has generally gone down pretty well on SA and elsewhere. It's electronic ambient/drone/hauntology/downtempo/textured/whatever and I give it away for free.

Anyway last night I put out a new album and I thought it would be good to tell goons about it like I normally do. It's called toward compliant towers and you can get it from http://conelrad.co.uk for free (or pay what you want). It's a kind of a drone release. unashamedly synthetic, but still, I hope, human. the bases of the songs come from memory, but not from nostalgia. I really hope you enjoy it. it has maybe a little more colour than some of my previous drone stuff. particularly good to have on while writing, drawing, or travelling on a train or boat or a plane – just put it on and go with it.

There's a whole back catalogue of albums there which you can also have for free which seem to have made a lot of people happy over the years so do enjoy those too if you like.

Hope you like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Unironic cool

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Sure Is The Risk Made is still an album I listen to to this day and holy poo poo it's 6 years old :O

Aug 4, 2010

i like this a lot

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Keeping this for November. I like most of your stuff, thanks man

Farm Crisis Zero
May 31, 2002

www posted:

i like this a lot

unpacked robinhood posted:

Keeping this for November. I like most of your stuff, thanks man

Much obliged guys and I'm glad you like it. :)

Stoat posted:

Sure Is The Risk Made is still an album I listen to to this day and holy poo poo it's 6 years old :O

Yeah, I can't believe it's 6 years since I put that out. It still does a pretty good trade according to the various stats and metrics I can look at on spotify, last.fm and stuff. Thanks for sticking with me. :)

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
This is really cool because I love your stuff. Conelrad has been the "music to write to" for me for the past couple years. I can't wait to hear this new stuff!

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
good poo poo A+ thank you for these beats mr. rad

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

gonna give this a try and I'm glad people aren't GBSing all over your thread like I kind of expected :)

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I have been a fan since Sure is the Risk Made.

This is fantastic, never stop.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
it's the guy

who did the music

that was in the zack parsons thing that one time

nice

Set
Oct 30, 2005
Sweet! I really enjoy your earlier stuff, so I'm looking forward to giving your newest a listen. If it's anything like your older material, It'll sit in my active playlist for years and years. :v:

In other words, thanks!

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Is this like Pure Moods? It seems kinda like that.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Thanks for the new tracks, sounds like very nice stuff as always man. I put your music in the background often when I just want to mellow down.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
yesssssss

i just came

downloading it now

Farm Crisis Zero
May 31, 2002

Tendai posted:

This is really cool because I love your stuff. Conelrad has been the "music to write to" for me for the past couple years. I can't wait to hear this new stuff!

Nurge posted:

Thanks for the new tracks, sounds like very nice stuff as always man. I put your music in the background often when I just want to mellow down.

weg posted:

I have been a fan since Sure is the Risk Made.

This is fantastic, never stop.

Set posted:

Sweet! I really enjoy your earlier stuff, so I'm looking forward to giving your newest a listen. If it's anything like your older material, It'll sit in my active playlist for years and years. :v:

In other words, thanks!

Ahh thanks guys, I can't say how much it means to me. It's great to know that people have a place in their lives for my music, and that they genuinely come back to listen to it more than once. Wanky thing to say but very true. :banjo:

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

good poo poo A+ thank you for these beats mr. rad

You're welcome :cool:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

gonna give this a try and I'm glad people aren't GBSing all over your thread like I kind of expected :)

Yeah I was kinda worried; like I said it's been a while since I posted here. But seems cool so far.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

it's the guy

who did the music

that was in the zack parsons thing that one time

nice

More than once :cool:

Carpet posted:

yesssssss

i just came

downloading it now

Post coital music???

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Oddly enough, I've found your music outside of SA before. I notice it reminds me a bit of Boards of Canada. Very cool man!

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Stoat posted:

:respek:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cool, funnily enough I was asking myself "I wonder what Conelrad is up to nowadays" on my way back home.

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015
I think I will allow you posting this, OP.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

"eight long minutes" not eight minutes long 0/10
for rill tho first album was p. rad [heh], downloading rt. now thx

Blerick
Apr 13, 2009

Farm Crisis Zero posted:

Ahh thanks guys, I can't say how much it means to me. It's great to know that people have a place in their lives for my music, and that they genuinely come back to listen to it more than once. Wanky thing to say but very true. :banjo:

You're welcome :cool:

Yeah I was kinda worried; like I said it's been a while since I posted here. But seems cool so far.

More than once :cool:

Post coital music???

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
as soon as he starts making music about fursuits I'll give a poo poo about that but for now who the gently caress cares

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Are you on bandcamp? I'd buy your stuff and write poo poo like "do you have stairs????" in the comments

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Huh. I had no idea you were a goon. I've enjoyed your stuff in the past and will definitely dl this once I get somewhere with wifi.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

9/11 wouldn't have happened if we had compliant towers.

Farm Crisis Zero
May 31, 2002

Tarkus posted:

Oddly enough, I've found your music outside of SA before. I notice it reminds me a bit of Boards of Canada. Very cool man!

Oberleutnant posted:

Huh. I had no idea you were a goon. I've enjoyed your stuff in the past and will definitely dl this once I get somewhere with wifi.

ZearothK posted:

Cool, funnily enough I was asking myself "I wonder what Conelrad is up to nowadays" on my way back home.

Thanks guys. Yeah, BOC were an early influence and I'm not ashamed to say their influence has never really left my stuff. And yeah, SA was one of the first places where I really put out my stuff. GBS was a good early boost for me. :)

Titus Sardonicus posted:

"eight long minutes" not eight minutes long 0/10
for rill tho first album was p. rad [heh], downloading rt. now thx

The magic of Art

midnightclimax posted:

Are you on bandcamp? I'd buy your stuff and write poo poo like "do you have stairs????" in the comments

Yeah, in fact I'm using Bandcamp as the main vector for distributing my stuff now. conelrad.co.uk links to the bandcamp but a direct link is http://conelrad.bandcamp.com :) There's a whole bunch of albums there going back to 2007 and they're all free.

I always do free/pwyw with albums. Makes me feel free to do what I want instead of feeling pressure for my stuff to appeal to XYZ demographic.

Farm Crisis Zero fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 28, 2015

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
this has been a pretty good soundtrack for MGS V.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Hell yes. Great to see you around again. Thanks for the tunes!

Farm Crisis Zero
May 31, 2002

phasmid posted:

Hell yes. Great to see you around again. Thanks for the tunes!

Thanks for listening :3:

FuriousGeorge posted:

this has been a pretty good soundtrack for MGS V.

One day i'll play it and find out :cheers:

DaveSplitter posted:

9/11 wouldn't have happened if we had compliant towers.

ambient music can't melt steel beams :tinfoil:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my dad has a p compliant tower if you're polite, and sexy

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
fairly fuckin good.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i have liked your music ever since I first heard it in the last part of That Insidious Beast.

keep doing good music stuff. and thank you.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Good poo poo. For some reason reminds me a lot of the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Cool. I liked sure is the risk made and am looking forward to listening to this. Any plans to put it on spotify as well?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

tcherny vodi is so... wistful. i love it

Farm Crisis Zero
May 31, 2002

chuggo is BACK posted:

fairly fuckin good.

door Door door posted:

Good poo poo. For some reason reminds me a lot of the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack.

:cheers:

Anachronist posted:

Cool. I liked sure is the risk made and am looking forward to listening to this. Any plans to put it on spotify as well?

Eventually -- I've got Sure is the Risk Made on Spotify already but I'm still trying to figure out whether it's worth doing. Certainly it doesn't bring money in as Spotify is dreadful for indie artists, but if my objective is to reach as many people as possible I can't rule out expanding the stuff I have on there.

atomicthumbs posted:

i have liked your music ever since I first heard it in the last part of That Insidious Beast.

keep doing good music stuff. and thank you.
tcherny vodi is so... wistful. i love it

Aw thanks man. I was really happy to contribute to That Insidious Beast and (later) Liminal States, even though time didn't permit me to really flesh out the project as much as I'd wanted to. And yeah that's my favourite track on the album I think, though that might be because it's the last one I completed so it feels freshest to me.

Remember to share the album around, it's meant for sharing :3:

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Oh man I loved your stuff when I was younger and just discovering ambient music. I'm really happy that you are still putting out stuff.

Just started listening this latest album, and I can say that I loved pipe dream already.

Also, I wonder if your music goes well with programming, but I guess I'm going to find out tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

I don't think any 1 curr, friend

• Locked thread