Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
um
im gay
youre gay
You're right, liberals are dumb
I studied English in college
View Results

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I remember a large number of people dropped out of the SAT because they couldn't write cursive, which was required for the contract signing.

I just scribbled a bunch of cursive gibberish and went on. It didn't seem to affect my overall score either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

PT6A posted:

Out of curiosity, how many lazy/immature people that hosed up their first go at college were actually paying for it themselves? I'm guessing not that many, somehow...

I hosed up college by going into a major that my college decided to pull during my senior year. :smithicide:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Cingulate posted:

I agree being born to rich parents is a great accomplishment

I wonder why he wasted his father's money when he knew he had a cushy job awaiting him at his dad's office anyway.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Cingulate posted:

Actually I think traveling a lot is great fun.

I wasn't talking about the roommate, traveling is always cool.

I was talking about Mr. "I don't want to brag, but I went to Harvard :smug:" who posted the anecdote.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Cingulate posted:

Then that was a total non sequitur to my post, the one you actually replied to.

I had originally assumed you were talking about Mr. Moneybags in the post, which is why I made that comment. Oops, my bad.

Ytlaya posted:

Based upon the sailing/equestrian thing, I'm pretty sure that guy was joking.

Yeah it does kinda sound like a reddit post on a second reading.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
How about you just let him go to school and worry about the SAT when he's a junior (which is I believe when colleges actually start giving a drat) I mean asking about scholarship options in freshman year? Most colleges only look at Sophomore and Junior grades anyways. Freshman and Senior are ignored when determining a college GPA.[1]

Seriously, you guys are making the SATs look like some kind of all-important thing that makes or breaks your future. It's not. You go to college for 4-5 years and then get into a lovely job not in your field just to pay back your student loans.

[1] At least that's what California did when I was in high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Cingulate posted:

What should universities be?

A bitchin' place for parties

• Locked thread